IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dalefleury said:

Does anyone know how to convert the data to an Excel spreadsheet?

Not gonna happen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, dalefleury said:

Does anyone know how to convert the data to an Excel spreadsheet?

I'm shootin at the hip here so bear with me. Try this:

Set up a pc in your house to be a proxy server for all of your wifi traffic.

Install a web debugging proxy tool like fiddler on that pc.

Create a Root CA cert from the web debug tool and install it on your phone so the wifi https traffic can be decrypted.

Set up the web debugging tool to capture/filter only traffic from the gamegolf app on your phone.

Open up the gamegolf app on your phone and see what the traffic looks like in the debug tool.

Maybe delete the cached gamegolf data from your phone and see what happens when it repopulates.

Export all of that data and look for patterns so you can write a script that parses the data and organizes it for you. 

Bingo Bango you're GG data is ready to be served...

After reading this again it seems "Not gonna happen" is a better answer...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KoHo said:

I'm shootin at the hip here so bear with me. Try this:

Set up a pc in your house to be a proxy server for all of your wifi traffic.

Install a web debugging proxy tool like fiddler on that pc.

Create a Root CA cert from the web debug tool and install it on your phone so the wifi https traffic can be decrypted.

Set up the web debugging tool to capture/filter only traffic from the gamegolf app on your phone.

Open up the gamegolf app on your phone and see what the traffic looks like in the debug tool.

Maybe delete the cached gamegolf data from your phone and see what happens when it repopulates.

Export all of that data and look for patterns so you can write a script that parses the data and organizes it for you. 

Bingo Bango you're GG data is ready to be served...

After reading this again it seems "Not gonna happen" is a better answer...

All of that, and you'll still probably fail because odds are good that the app encrypts its data before sending it to the server. Game Golf had a huge data breech in May of 2019 when someone discovered their entire database was unsecured and available for anyone to access, and shortly afterwards security in the app and web-interface was substantially increased. 

• 3 weeks later...

An update. 

When I went to edit my latest round in Game Golf there was something new.   They have a direct message icon on the lower right side of the screen.    I uploaded my round but couldn't see the GPS.   I messaged them thru this new feature and Michael responded w/i seconds and fixed the issue.   

Color me impressed.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

An update. 

When I went to edit my latest round in Game Golf there was something new.   They have a direct message icon on the lower right side of the screen.    I uploaded my round but couldn't see the GPS.   I messaged them thru this new feature and Michael responded w/i seconds and fixed the issue.   

Color me impressed.

I have had two rounds which have worked, and one which doesn't show the map.

I messaged them using that tool, too, but it was at like 8pm (eastern, though) and didn't get a response.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have had two rounds which have worked, and one which doesn't show the map.

I messaged them using that tool, too, but it was at like 8pm (eastern, though) and didn't get a response.

Praying The Office GIF

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 8 months later...

Not a great sign -- today during putting practice, the top of my putter tag came off.  I don't think I hit it against the GG particularly hard.  If I knew GG was going to stick around for a bit, I'd be fine throwing some money their way, probably in the form of buying a few replacement tags (I also lost two at some point in the past).

Has anyone dealt with this for their tags?  I was able to affix the cap back, but it's loose and can definitely fall off if I'm not careful.  Should I just sub it out ?

game_golf_putter_tag_Apr6.thumb.jpg.e8a6b2af0175984918ecf91327ab0615.jpg

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Honestly I gave up on Game Golf and just started using the Taylormade app that does the same thing since they have a plug-in for Samsung Watches. Nothing extra to charge or remember to pack, and effectively just as easy to use when playing. Better yet, there's no beep so I can mark my shots even while others are still hitting.

Game Golf was nice, and it's still a great idea, but I think the execution of everything past their Live device was just awful. Their website and service troubles have just been the straw that completely breaks the camel's back for me. I can't keep using a product when I don't know if I'll still be able to use or even just view my historical data the next month, week, or even just tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Shindig said:

Not a great sign -- today during putting practice, the top of my putter tag came off.  I don't think I hit it against the GG particularly hard.  If I knew GG was going to stick around for a bit, I'd be fine throwing some money their way, probably in the form of buying a few replacement tags (I also lost two at some point in the past).

Has anyone dealt with this for their tags?  I was able to affix the cap back, but it's loose and can definitely fall off if I'm not careful.  Should I just sub it out ?

Did you try gluing it back together?

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

9 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Honestly I gave up on Game Golf and just started using the Taylormade app that does the same thing since they have a plug-in for Samsung Watches. Nothing extra to charge or remember to pack, and effectively just as easy to use when playing. Better yet, there's no beep so I can mark my shots even while others are still hitting.

Game Golf was nice, and it's still a great idea, but I think the execution of everything past their Live device was just awful. Their website and service troubles have just been the straw that completely breaks the camel's back for me. I can't keep using a product when I don't know if I'll still be able to use or even just view my historical data the next month, week, or even just tomorrow.

I also use MyRoundPro, have been using it for almost 2 years now and I really like it. Very quick to tag the shot, it has just become part of my preshot routine now. It is helpful to have the front, middle, and back GPS distances available at all times, plus I really like the feature that tells me how far I am from my last shot, makes it super helpful for looking for wayward tee shots.

I do wish it had a scrambling % stat, but other than that it has everything I need to keep track of my scores and see where my strengths and weaknesses are.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

16 hours ago, Pretzel said:

6 hours ago, klineka said:

I also use MyRoundPro, have been using it for almost 2 years now and I really like it. Very quick to tag the shot, it has just become part of my preshot routine now. It is helpful to have the front, middle, and back GPS distances available at all times, plus I really like the feature that tells me how far I am from my last shot, makes it super helpful for looking for wayward tee shots.

I do wish it had a scrambling % stat, but other than that it has everything I need to keep track of my scores and see where my strengths and weaknesses are.

Which watches do you use for this?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Samsung Galaxy watch for me, Model SM-R800 specifically 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. I'm not sure if it works on the Galaxy Watch Active models, but it's actually surprisingly slick on my watch. You can even easily add shots you missed tagging mid-round, and I have enjoyed having the GPS distances to the front/back of greens since those are difficult to precisely hit with a laser in a most cases.

The app (on both phone and watch) takes a little bit of getting used to, but it really is pretty user friendly once you get past the mildly confusing interface. That's the one thing I'd fault it for, is that they have enough information available during a round that it seems more intimidating/complicated at first glance than it actually is. It's a breeze to actually use on the course, but my first thoughts when I initially tried it were that it was going to be a pain or a hassle. Stuck with it and have been pleasantly surprised and happy with it after realizing I can just ignore most of the extra stuff while playing because it doesn't actually matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, paperclip said:

Did you try gluing it back together?

I'm not quite sure where to glue it.  

17 hours ago, klineka said:

That sounds nice.  Especially the "distance from last shot" feature. 

3 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. I'm not sure if it works on the Galaxy Watch Active models, but it's actually surprisingly slick on my watch. You can even easily add shots you missed tagging mid-round, and I have enjoyed having the GPS distances to the front/back of greens since those are difficult to precisely hit with a laser in a most cases.

The app (on both phone and watch) takes a little bit of getting used to, but it really is pretty user friendly once you get past the mildly confusing interface. That's the one thing I'd fault it for, is that they have enough information available during a round that it seems more intimidating/complicated at first glance than it actually is. It's a breeze to actually use on the course, but my first thoughts when I initially tried it were that it was going to be a pain or a hassle. Stuck with it and have been pleasantly surprised and happy with it after realizing I can just ignore most of the extra stuff while playing because it doesn't actually matter.

How does the extra information work for tournaments?  Is it info I can't have during a round during one?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Shindig said:

That sounds nice.  Especially the "distance from last shot" feature. 

@Hardspoon uses that on his GG app all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

On 4/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Shindig said:

A little silicone adhesive along the outside rim of the top piece should hold it in. Use a Q-tip as a brush. You can see the glue residue in the photo.

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, iacas said:

@Hardspoon uses that on his GG app all the time.

I did not realize the GG app has it.  I've never actually used the app, despite having Live, other than my first time using GG when I thought it needed to be Bluetooth connected to my phone to work.

I'm playing Thursday, I'll try again with the app connection, see if I get something better. 

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

A little silicone adhesive along the outside rim of the top piece should hold it in. Use a Q-tip as a brush. You can see the glue residue in the photo.

Thanks, I'll do that this afternoon.

-- Michael | My swing! 

15 hours ago, Shindig said:

How does the extra information work for tournaments?  Is it info I can't have during a round during one?

The extra info is perfectly legal during a tournament, it's just that one of the screens accessed by rotating your watch bezel has a lot of stats about your round on it. Fairways, GIR, putts, strokes gained total, strokes gained driving, strokes gained approach, strokes gained scrambling, and strokes gained putting. It's also got options to review all of your clubs from the watch interface, or a history of your past rounds, but those are always easier to view and manage on your phone instead.

Once you're playing a round though, I only ever use 2 of the screens - the main one where you enter new shots and the one to the left (rotate the bezel counter-clockwise) if I need to add or remove a shot from a hole. Adding/removing shots mid-round without digging out your phone is a nice touch for me, because if I hit a provisional ball I just mark the penalty stroke and extra shot right then and can delete them once I finish the hole if I found my original ball. Just one less thing to do while editing rounds afterwards, and I don't have anything better to do while walking from the green to the next tee anyways.

All in all it seems like a reasonably well put together app, and it does measure from your watch's location and not the location of your phone even if your watch doesn't have it's own LTE signal (mine is the non-LTE version). This is particularly nice compared to some watch apps that just act like a remote control for the phone's app, because it will mark your shots as being located wherever your phone is at (which can be a ways away since my phone stays in my bag, and I place my bag for efficiency rather than always taking it right next to my ball). I believe there are more choices available for similar golf tracking apps if you have an Apple watch, but the Taylormade app is the only one I know of that has full functionality and is available for all Apple, Android, and Samsung watches. 

If I just wanted a phone app, and nothing else, I'd probably go with the Game Golf app instead (or something else, if I was still concerned about Game Golf's longevity). It's slightly more in depth for the stats and data, but the convenience of an app right on my watch is hard to beat and Taylormade gives me enough information and analysis. The one thing that does annoy me is that they don't allow you to call any of your clubs a "Gap Wedge", because I guess then they'd have to admit their iron lofts are so cranked as to create a gap that needs filling. Instead of a "Gap Wedge" you can only choose an "Attack Wedge" to match the markings for sets of Taylormade irons, though the included club library includes pretty much all available wedges and grinds (and allows you to create your own club if it isn't in the library).

Edited by Pretzel
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1