IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104846/] [/URL] @iacas :bugout:

Golf hax.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator
As I said in a prior post I think it is a cool gadget that folks who play more golf than once every three months can enjoy and get something from.  Knowing your real average distances with each club and where you are dropping strokes can really help your game, but I think most of us who play enough know what are weaknesses are and where we are dropping shots.  I can see it being a great teaching tool for pros to use with their students.

I can too. The latter part, that is.

I also think people are delusional, and are kidding themselves. I've heard some crazy shit from people. One guy who didn't break 90 said he could be scratch if he had a better mental game. Another said his driving was his strength, yet he hit two fairways and racked up five penalty strokes off the tee.

Etc. Golfers are always kidding themselves.

I just think like all new tech gear, it needs to evolve a bit before making a purchase.  Second generation releases seem to be much better and are worth the wait.  Have to believe that with the success this company is having and how big names and organizations in golf have praised their product, it is going to advance as time goes on and offer a lot more than it does today.  I really want one because I am a nerd when it comes to cool tech stuff, but I think I am going to wait until next year to see how the product improves.

I dunno. A lot of the stuff they can do is on the back-end, using the data this thing collects. The actual on-belt hardware doesn't need to change much. What are you gonna do - add an LCD screen to it or something? An LED that counts your strokes? What?

They can continually improve the "product" by continually upgrading the website… all while people keep using the hardware.

Mark Crossfield released his review on GameGolf just yesterday, should answer most your questions. And yes, as covered in this thread there's no doubt it will help the average golfer if not scratch golfers. You can see where your misses are consistently and you get to dissect your game. It's a lot more stats and details compared to your phone app I can assure you.

And it's far more visual, as well, which is good. And far less intrusive than trying to tap stuff on your phone.

That sums up my thinking exactly. It's the fact that with a first-gen product like this we don't have an established timeline for what their upgrade cycle will look like that make me curious of whether that improvement is worth waiting for because it's around the corner vs. a year and half away. I wish it were a Taylormade product, so that we'd already be on the 3rd generation.

I think it's a very, very solid first-gen product. I wouldn't expect a second iteration for quite some time.

@iacas

Yeah, I got that one pretty good. Balls weren't even rolling very far. Confirmed it in Google Maps too, and I know what my yardage to the hole was, and that was accurate too… Not often you get to hit 6I to a par five (I hit 5I, but missed long and right because I tried to take something off it mid-swing… Dumb. :P)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I got that one pretty good. Balls weren't even rolling very far. Confirmed it in Google Maps too, and I know what my yardage to the hole was, and that was accurate too… Not often you get to hit 6I to a par five (I hit 5I, but missed long and right because I tried to take something off it mid-swing… Dumb. :P)

I was kinda shocked at the yardage as well, because I was pretty much the same distance but more right (through the fairway).

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mark Crossfield released his review on GameGolf just yesterday, should answer most your questions. And yes, as covered in this thread there's no doubt it will help the average golfer if not scratch golfers. You can see where your misses are consistently and you get to dissect your game. It's a lot more stats and details compared to your phone app I can assure you.

Thanks I watched the video. I like him but still don't see much that makes this more than a gimmick that won't really improve someone's game. If you want to go over your round and look at your shots I guess that would be a cool thing. Like I said before, I can on an app for free. I keep track of fairway hits and if not where I missed plus ball flight, putts, score and scrambling with 5 button presses in 20 seconds. If I was giving advice I would suggest most golfers from scratch to 20+ handicappers to take that $200 and buy a lesson package. I am surprised pros wouldn't mention that in their reviews of something like this but I guess they are just looking at it in a vacuum and I am looking at it comparing the value of it versus what else I could do with that money.

James

• Administrator
Thanks I watched the video. I like him but still don't see much that makes this more than a gimmick that won't really improve someone's game.

Well, I have one, and I'm inclined to disagree with you.

I just looked at someone else's round and could provide feedback to him. And then I could look at the stats. And the site is adding and growing features all the time.

Like I said before, I can on an app for free.

No you can't.

There's no app out there that, with a simple press of a club to your phone, will register everything as quickly and easily.

You can "fake" what GAME Golf does with a free app (it's probably crap - why would someone put out a free app that costs them money and time?), but it would require more effort on your part to enter the club, your position on the course, etc. Additionally, it'd drain your battery quickly leaving GPS on that long in addition to normal cell functions.

I keep track of fairway hits and if not where I missed plus ball flight, putts, score and scrambling with 5 button presses in 20 seconds.

Even if that were true, it's 20 seconds more than it takes me, seeing as how I can tag stuff when I'm anywhere near my ball doing anything, while you have to get your phone out, type in some details, etc.

It's fine. You don't think you like it. But let's not make up things to support your opinion, now… okay?

If I was giving advice I would suggest most golfers from scratch to 20+ handicappers to take that $200 and buy a lesson package.

Perhaps they're already doing that.

I am surprised pros wouldn't mention that in their reviews of something like this but I guess they are just looking at it in a vacuum and I am looking at it comparing the value of it versus what else I could do with that money.

All money spent has the opportunity cost of doing something else with it.

I could just as easily type "You should take that $200 and buy food, shelter, and clothing with it…" but that's missing the point: someone is trying to determine whether their spare $200 is going to be rewarded with this thing, based on whatever value system they have for such a thing.

BTW, we talked with them today, and we're excited to create some "Challenges" and play around with that stuff here soon. It could be interesting.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just looked at someone else's round and could provide feedback to him. And then I could look at the stats. And the site is adding and growing features all the time.

Interesting concept. That's like a playing lesson after the fact. I definitely think I'm gonna ask Santa for one.

- Shane

Interesting concept. That's like a playing lesson after the fact. I definitely think I'm gonna ask Santa for one.

Me too. I was on the fence for a while, but I thinking definitely going to have to get one.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just ordered mine, now that European courses are mostly mapped as well. Although, I might be one of the few users over here... Pretty excited about it and definitely think that it will help figuring out patterns in the game and more confidence in shot length in different situation. Especially after playing same courses over and over, it might be a terrific tool to lay out strategies

If it wasn't for the fact that golfgalaxy does not allow me to combine gift certificates online, I'd already own one of these.  But since I have to actually call them and read the numbers to somebody to have them add them together, and I'm too lazy to do that, I am still sans Game Golf. :cry:

If it wasn't for the fact that golfgalaxy does not allow me to combine gift certificates online, I'd already own one of these.  But since I have to actually call them and read the numbers to somebody to have them add them together, and I'm too lazy to do that, I am still sans Game Golf.

Send me the gift cards and I'll do it for you. O:)

- Shane

• Administrator
If it wasn't for the fact that golfgalaxy does not allow me to combine gift certificates online, I'd already own one of these.  But since I have to actually call them and read the numbers to somebody to have them add them together, and I'm too lazy to do that, I am still sans Game Golf.

Do it today and post up the proof or we'll make you ineligible for any Member of the _____ awards for a full year. ;)

BTW, any serious golfers on this forum who has ever worked with Mike or I should seriously consider getting this and telling us your username so we can see your rounds.

Look at my rounds - you can see things where I goofed, or things I did well, etc.

BTW, any serious golfers on this forum who has ever worked with Mike or I should seriously consider getting this and telling us your username so we can see your rounds.

Look at my rounds - you can see things where I goofed, or things I did well, etc.

I bought mine on Tuesday and should be getting it tomorrow. I signed up online and I am following you and Mike.

Michael

Thanks to iacas I bought this dang thing today.  Thanks a lot. :-) Sure you do not work for this company??  Went to Golfsmith to get some clubs re-gripped and of course they had the bad boy front and center on the counter (brilliant marketing) and seeing that it came down to $200 and I have 30 days to return I made the plunge and got it.  Going to try it on Friday and see how it does.  A little nervous with the tags because they are somewhat loose on a few of my clubs even though I twisted them as much as possible so I hope they do not fall off.  Will be very interested to see what my distances really end up being.  I have a good idea where I am dropping shots, but like most amateurs I think I am going to be surprised on what my real averages are and not what my ego tells me they are.

As for what I posted earlier, I really was going to wait awhile but now agree with iacas that I doubt this device is going to evolve four awhile (the actual device itself) and it seems they are making improvements with their software and analytics on a constant basis.  I am sure there will be a few things I do not like or would make a recommendation for, but overall will be very interested to see how it performs on the course soon.  How much it really improves my game, who knows.

• Administrator
Thanks to iacas I bought this dang thing today.  Thanks a lot.   Sure you do not work for this company??  Went to Golfsmith to get some clubs re-gripped and of course they had the bad boy front and center on the counter (brilliant marketing) and seeing that it came down to $200 and I have 30 days to return I made the plunge and got it.  Going to try it on Friday and see how it does.  A little nervous with the tags because they are somewhat loose on a few of my clubs even though I twisted them as much as possible so I hope they do not fall off.  Will be very interested to see what my distances really end up being.  I have a good idea where I am dropping shots, but like most amateurs I think I am going to be surprised on what my real averages are and not what my ego tells me they are.

As for what I posted earlier, I really was going to wait awhile but now agree with iacas that I doubt this device is going to evolve four awhile (the actual device itself) and it seems they are making improvements with their software and analytics on a constant basis.  I am sure there will be a few things I do not like or would make a recommendation for, but overall will be very interested to see how it performs on the course soon.  How much it really improves my game, who knows.

Post your username or a link to your first round when you post it and you'll get some followers.

Post your username or a link to your first round when you post it and you'll get some followers.

I tried to look you guys up by user name but it didn't work. Only by your real names.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Just signed up on the Game Golf site so I can follow everybody here. I got some stuff to trade in so I think I'll pick one of these up tomorrow.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Do it today and post up the proof or we'll make you ineligible for any Member of the _____ awards for a full year. ;)

Gathered up all of my GC's - and I have $275 worth - and tried to call them so I could combine them, but their customer service hours are only until 6pm EDT.  I'll try and do it at lunch tomorrow. :)