IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Still can't log in.  It's been a week and a half, if I remember right.  Of course I can't see my last round that was successful, since I can't in!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

Still can't log in.  It's been a week and a half, if I remember right.  Of course I can't see my last round that was successful, since I can't in!

A week. But yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I ended up biting the bullet and buying a GAME GOLF Pro unit because I was able to get a screaming deal. I had the classic model, but haven't used it since the belt clip on it broke more than a year ago now.

I'm looking forwards to not having to remember to tag each shot, just because that was my primary issue with the old system. I made it part of my pre-shot routine for full swings, but there were still times where I didn't remember on chips and putts for the most part. I'm also interested in knowing if I will need to have the unit on my belt, or if it would be possible to leave the medallion in/on my golf bag. I usually set my golf bag only a couple feet away from my ball for every shot I take so that shouldn't be an issue, but I don't know whether it would have the range to still record putts with my bag set by the edge of the green.

At the very least I can put the medallion into my pocket now to protect it from rubbing and pressing against my bag while I carry and potentially breaking the clip again. The clip on my GG Classic broke because I needed to place it behind my hip to stay out of the way, and that meant it would always rub/press into the bag while I carried my clubs. If I put the Classic into my pocket it would often rotate itself as I walked so that I had to search for the right surface to tag against. Since the Pro doesn't require manual tagging I ought to have no issues with placing it into my pocket in the first place.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I ended up biting the bullet and buying a GAME GOLF Pro unit because I was able to get a screaming deal. I had the classic model, but haven't used it since the belt clip on it broke more than a year ago now.

Oh, man, I wish you had talked to us first. I think you might regret anything spent on that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/22/2020 at 4:06 PM, iacas said:

Oh, man, I wish you had talked to us first. I think you might regret anything spent on that.

I spent $50, so even if it only works as well as the Game Golf Classic I'm alright. If not I can always return it to where I bought it from and get something better,

On 5/24/2020 at 12:44 AM, Pretzel said:

I spent $50, so even if it only works as well as the Game Golf Classic I'm alright. If not I can always return it to where I bought it from and get something better,

It doesn’t even work that well, in fact work is giving it to much credit. I tried to get mine to work all last season, it did for 1 or 2 rounds then it started just shutting off mid round, and missing half the shots, putting shots on different holes etc...

They basically have no support at all for it, oh and also 1 of my tags is dead and they were supposed to send a replacement but never did. Not to mention the setup is a nightmare.

I eventually just gave up on gamegolf completely and bought an arccos, the setup was a breeze and they actually have an option to mark the hole location, it also works and I dont have to charge a medallion.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

It doesn’t even work that well, in fact work is giving it to much credit. I tried to get mine to work all last season, it did for 1 or 2 rounds then it started just shutting off mid round, and missing half the shots, putting shots on different holes etc...

That’s you. Mine works. No asterisks.

Setup is a nightmare? Maybe for Pro. Not Live.

13 minutes ago, Slowcelica said:

I dont have to charge a medallion.

No, your tags just die. 🙂

Pro sucks. No doubt. Live still works pretty well.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I used my Live yesterday and it worked flawlessly.    

Pro does suck.

Live (and if you have an OS that supports it) Classic are fine.

When they've managed to pay the database vendor, that is.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, iacas said:

That’s you. Mine works. No asterisks.

Setup is a nightmare? Maybe for Pro. Not Live.

No, your tags just die. 🙂

Pro sucks. No doubt. Live still works pretty well.

I was referring to Pro, not live, since that is what he was talking about. Their customer service or lack there of was also a reason for my switch. My live worked ok, most of the time, it had times where it would turn off mid round, or lose gps mid round, I eventually had to do a factory reset on it to get it work again, but it did work. I just enjoy not tagging at all too much, and just playing not worrying about did I tag or not.

I broke my belt clip off getting into the car yesterday. Forgot to take it off after the round. I may have been trying to get away from that round as fast as possible and got sloppy. But that's neither here nor there. Pictures, if you're curious:

8920E31C-D58A-484A-ADAF-EC28960C774C.thumb.jpeg.5f6f003f323efa342f288eee7dda6dae.jpeg

636719ED-D3D5-4433-A4D0-2DCDB379397F.thumb.jpeg.d243df137f49cfd7ee0e218dcc61bedb.jpeg

I'm going to have to redneck engineer something together. Worst case, it can go in my pocket. I would look to replace it, but who knows how long GameGolf has left in this world. It's a shame because I really like just looking at my rounds afterwards, even if I don't find the statistical analysis all that useful anymore.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I must have a never version?

game golf.jpg

That’s GameGolf Live.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
3 hours ago, billchao said:

That’s GameGolf Live.

So is Daniel's. It's not got a grey body.

The LIVE versions that have the good clips have that metal loop/clip thing on them. Daniel broke off the "tabs" that make the "slot" that the metal sits in/under.

We'll see how the Pro goes when I attempt to use it tomorrow. I'll try to get setup out of the way tonight, but if it doesn't work I'll go ahead and just pick up a Live later instead. I enjoyed the statistics from Classic, so we'll see if I can work around the flaws or not.

My experience with the pro is off to a great start so far - only 3 of the 14 tags seemed to have arrived with enough battery charge to pair with the app and update the firmware. Another 4 had enough battery charge to pair, but less than the 10% required to update their firmware.

I'll try again in the daylight today, however, as I did notice that no tags at all would pair until I moved into a differently lit area. Apparently they weren't kidding about requiring a well-lit area for the process, because this is the worst experience I've ever had with any variety of bluetooth pairing. If these do indeed all have dead batteries I'll just go ahead and return the Pro to buy either the Live version or just switch to Arccos.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

My experience with the pro is off to a great start so far - only 3 of the 14 tags seemed to have arrived with enough battery charge to pair with the app and update the firmware. Another 4 had enough battery charge to pair, but less than the 10% required to update their firmware.

I'll try again in the daylight today, however, as I did notice that no tags at all would pair until I moved into a differently lit area. Apparently they weren't kidding about requiring a well-lit area for the process, because this is the worst experience I've ever had with any variety of bluetooth pairing. If these do indeed all have dead batteries I'll just go ahead and return the Pro to buy either the Live version or just switch to Arccos.

Just return 'em man.

And yeah, it requires light, so the things don't turn on when they're in your bag or inside a house or something.