IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

9 minutes ago, DaHolla said:

I was thinking of buying either GG Live or a range finder. Sounds like I should hold off on GG for now? Or is it just the Pro version that is having all the issues?

I used GG Live for about a year without a problem. Last time I used it (about 2 months ago), it was unable to find my home course and didn't record any stats.  I've since switched to Arccos and haven't looked back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Basically, I got a new computer so had to download the transfer app again, but its not downloading.

http://www.gamegolf.com/downloads

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 6/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, iacas said:

Yeah that's the download that's no longer working when I try to run the install. Theres nothing special about the new comp, just running the most recent versions of software. Their contact support page had broken links when you try to select what device you need support for.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Yeah that's the download that's no longer working when I try to run the install. Theres nothing special about the new comp, just running the most recent versions of software. Their contact support page had broken links when you try to select what device you need support for.

It downloaded the Mac installer for me. I can't know if it works for Windows or whatever.

Their support page is broken because desk.com is down.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

How do you guys deal with your stroke and distance penalties? When I hit a drive off the planet, I tag again and hit my second shot. When I edit my round, I have 2 tee shots. One is set to zero distance with a +1 penalty attached to it, and the other is my second drive. Pretty sure that zero distance shot is messing up my stats. Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

16 minutes ago, KoHo said:

How do you guys deal with your stroke and distance penalties? When I hit a drive off the planet, I tag again and hit my second shot. When I edit my round, I have 2 tee shots. One is set to zero distance with a +1 penalty attached to it, and the other is my second drive. Pretty sure that zero distance shot is messing up my stats. Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

When you upload the round to your computer, there is an option to add a penalty (+1 or +2). 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

21 minutes ago, KoHo said:

Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

I do this.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, KoHo said:

I do the same thing as you with a zero distance or distance from the shot to the drop for my first shot.  But, Game Golf does have an algorithm that throws out outliers when calculating the "typical" distance for each club.

Another idea i've considered, probably because i read it here somewhere, is to create a "penalty" club.  So after the round, just switch the club to this penalty club, and all the bad distances and penalties will be assigned to that club.  I'm curious if anyone actually does that.

54 minutes ago, bweiss711 said:

Another idea i've considered, probably because i read it here somewhere, is to create a "penalty" club.  So after the round, just switch the club to this penalty club, and all the bad distances and penalties will be assigned to that club.  I'm curious if anyone actually does that.

That is something I've not heard.   A different way of thinking.   👍

So I temporarily edited my last round. I deleted all of the zero distance shots (there were a lot ha...) and added a +2 penalty to the only tee shot. The club performance stats didn't change. It did change some stats though. The "Off the Tee" insight was showing an increase in percentage of fairways hit, but the average distance was now correct. Before, the average distance was accounting for the zero distance shots. Also, strokes gained moved some points from the off the tee category to the approach category. Not sure what happened there. I think I'm going to stick with the zero distance shot and the +1 penalty for the stroke and distance penalties. Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings fellow golfers...

I am unable to find or locate a manual for my Game Golf Live. I have looking on line without success.

I recall somewhere in the manual, telling me that I should/could turn off the WiFi while playing. Is this correct?

On 2/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, Shindig said:

My latest round somehow has holes 1-9 recorded starting as the 19th hole (I know I hit it poorly, but I was sober).  Then holes 10-18 in the right spot.  Do I sign it like this?

If it matters, it's at a complex with 27 holes, but we played 18.

If you are using Game Golf Live, you need to do a factory reset on the GPS that clips onto your belt. Turn it on and then press and hold the rest button, (inside the belt clip) for 5 or 10 seconds.

This occured to me, none of the holes lined up, some were on top of each other. I did the reset, and looked at the course again and it was all fine.

• Informative 1

35 minutes ago, dalefleury said:

If you are using Game Golf Live, you need to do a factory reset on the GPS that clips onto your belt. Turn it on and then press and hold the rest button, (inside the belt clip) for 5 or 10 seconds.

This occured to me, none of the holes lined up, some were on top of each other. I did the reset, and looked at the course again and it was all fine.

Thanks!  I'll do this next time I get back to that particular course. 

Welcome to TST by the way :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, dalefleury said:

Greetings fellow golfers...

I am unable to find or locate a manual for my Game Golf Live. I have looking on line without success.

I recall somewhere in the manual, telling me that I should/could turn off the WiFi while playing. Is this correct?

WIFI isn't mentioned in the manual.   It does reference using Bluetooth if you are using the phone application.   I choose to only turn on the device before play, use it during play, turn it off after play and make adjustments on my PC when I get home.    I don't use my phone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dalefleury said:

I don’t recall reading it, but I usually turned off WiFi when playing. I figured it saved on battery. I also put my iPhone on low power mode.  (I used to use game golf live. Stopped about 9 months ago.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I have Game Golf Live, and have been thinking of changing over to Accros.

I would like to maintain my GG data. 

Does anyone know how to convert the data to an Excel spreadsheet?

On 6/7/2020 at 3:13 PM, cutchemist42 said:

So I was wondering if anyone else can tell me if the Gamegolf support pages are not working for them?

https://www.gamegolfsupport.com/

Basically, I got a new computer so had to download the transfer app again, but its not downloading.

Here is an email address, they may be able to steer you in the right direction;

support@game-golf.zendesk.com