IGNORED

Go ahead and post details of a BLOW UP hole so we know we're not the lone ranger out there

dave s
Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Your welcome sir, it was our pleasure.

So, did anyone notice I miscounted on my strokes, boy do I feel foolish. It wasn't that bad.

Par 5 525 creek 20 yards from green crossing the fairway.

1st driver to left side of the fairway, nice

2nd skulled into left rough 20 yards or so

3rd got under it pop fly 10 yards still in left rough

4th straight 10 yards from creek left rough

5th skulled into the creek

6th drop

7th flop short of the green

9th bump and run On The Green

two putts later I am runnin' off that hole woo hoo

Brian   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just shot 44 on the front and was feeling like I left a lot of strokes out there, so I buttoned it up and I was +1 for the next 4 holes. Came to a narrow par 5 that I really should have played with a 3 hybrid. Tee shot: Driver. Caught some trees 50 yds down, dropped behind a tree, 2nd shot: Punched out backwards to far in the woods on the other side. 3rd shot: A drop 4th shot: Duck hooked into the trees 5th: Drop (Already steaming at this point) 6th: Duffed maybe 30 yards 7th: Green side bunker 8th: on the green  3-putt for an 11. I told my friend that I was playing the next 4 holes at Even par, bet $10 on that...I won that $10 to shoot an 87

87 with an 11- nice going !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

87 with an 11- nice going !!

Thanks, that 11 got me focused (More like livid). I still remember that hole very clearly because it taught me a lot of things.

1. Don't let a mishap on a previous hole carryover to the next hole. My only bogey on the back 9 came from the previous hole, a long (410 yd) narrow par 4. Went with driver instead of 3w and that left me in an awkward situation, which ultimately resulted in a bogey.

2. Think through your decision. I knew very well that I never play that par 5 with a driver, it's always a 3h or 3w if it's into the wind. I chose driver because I was stubborn and DESPERATELY wanted to get back the stroke I just lost. Epic fail!

3. Take a moment to regroup, especially after messing up.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

This is a great thread.  I hope I can learn some things from it because I always seem to have a blow-up hole that bleeds into other holes for a "blow-up stretch."

One of my recents was in our club championship.  My game was a little shaky, maybe because I was nervous.  But, I was hanging in there making pars and bogeys.  However, I was starting to get upset because I left several putts just short.  Then, I get to a par 5.  It's reachable, but not really worth it because the green is extremely elevated with drop-off all around and sand in front.  It has a very wide fairway, so I pull out driver.  I push it into a trap.  I chide myself for not hitting 3W, but no big deal. I'm going to take an 8i, put it back in play and hit green in regulation as originally planned.  That's when it started.  I make great contact from the trap and hit a thin branch hanging over in front of the trap that I didn't even really notice.  It drops down in front of the trap, but now I can't reach the green.  So, I lay up, but lay up too far to 60 yds.  OK, I'm thinking, I can get up and down for a par or at worst bogey, keep grinding.  I had been practicing these little half wedge shots and felt confident.  I chunk it 10yds.  Now, I'm laying 4 and getting really mad.  Alright, I take a deep breath, rehearse my 50yd swing a few times, step up to the ball and shank it into the greenside bunker.  Now, steam is coming out of my ears.  I can't remember the last time I shanked a ball.  It's all I can think about.  The sand in the trap is wet and, not thinking, I thin it out of the trap to the far side of the green.  Now, I'm despondent.  I suck.  Laying 6, I leave a downhill putt 10 feet short.  Miss that putt and walk off with a 9.  I shank another one the next hole for a double.  Then, I shank another one a couple holes later, but get up and down for a par.

Robert Spann

:ping: :adidas: :adams: :leupold: :nike: :srixon: :nickent:

[QUOTE name="inthehole" url="/t/76656/go-ahead-and-post-details-of-a-blow-up-hole-so-we-know-were-not-the-lone-ranger-out-there/36#post_1046780"] 87 with an 11- nice going !![/QUOTE] Thanks, that 11 got me focused (More like livid). I still remember that hole very clearly because it taught me a lot of things. 1. Don't let a mishap on a previous hole carryover to the next hole. My only bogey on the back 9 came from the previous hole, a long (410 yd) narrow par 4. Went with driver instead of 3w and that left me in an awkward situation, which ultimately resulted in a bogey. 2. Think through your decision. I knew very well that I never play that par 5 with a driver, it's always a 3h or 3w if it's into the wind. I chose driver because I was stubborn and DESPERATELY wanted to get back the stroke I just lost. Epic fail! 3. Take a moment to regroup, especially after messing up.

Good take always there. I was playing a new course yesterday ... Managed back to back triples on the front (what sucked was that I was dramatically overshooting greens on pured (not thin) approach shots - still can't figure out how I hit a 7 iron over 170 when I usually max out at 155) ... Reeled it back in & shot 41 on the back for an 86 - moral of story ... Don't ever give up

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Okay, this just happened Friday:

1)  Top the ball in the drive and it dribbles forward, not quite making it to the forward tees.

2)  Decent shot, leaving me about 120 yards out.

3)  For some reason, the ball only goes about half as far as it should and dribbles into the creek crossing the course.

4)  Drop back out of the creek.

5)  Blade the ball and it line drives through the tall grass of the creek, barely making it to the other side.

6)  Do a little bump and run.  Yea!  I'm on the green.

7)  Hit the ball a little too hard, it catches the slope on the other side of the hole and rolls down, just off the green on the fringe.

8)  Looks like a good putt, right at the hole, only to lip out.

9)  Tap in for a 9.

But, on the next hole my drive ends up about 100 yds. out, where I have a decent percentage.  Beautiful wedge shot leaving the ball about 8 inches from the cup for a birdie.

Couple of weeks ago I was 4 over par through 13. 14th hole has a water hazard that is a lateral hazard, and a creek running across just in front of the green. I hit my drive directly into the lateral hazard. Dropped a ball and laid up short of the creek, laying 3 on the par 4. Proceeded to dump the next shot into the creek, Dropped another ball, laying 5 and proceeded to dump another ball into the creek. Did a sleeve on one hole for the first time in my life and never finished the hole.

Bill M

18. I knew I needed a bogey to make the cut. (Which was beyond me seeing I had a quad a 2 doubles on my card.)  I know this because we were the last group in and the guys going out for the league night told us as we made our way to 18 that 81 was the cut line.

Pull driver into left rough... of course I am behind a tree

punch out 6 iron because I knew I needed bogey and not birdie... just needed to be 95-120 in.... of course I get more of it than I wanted to and I am 75 yds in with a flier lie in the rough.

proceed to chunk a wedge to 40 yds

now I know I have to get up and down

56* to 18'

missed the putt

double bogey, shoot 82.

miss cut by 1.

I look to this hole as my blow up that round but really I had 4 'blow ups'. The quad could have easily been a triple if I shot the pin a second time like I normally do. I ended up getting something in the background and I flew the green. But I was mad as heck after going OB on my second shot that I just shot and hit.

Playing the best 18 of my life;

12th hole, I hit my driver 75 yards out. Approach shot leaves me 50 feet from the pin...

It took me 6 shots to finish from 50 feet out!

I finish with a quadruple bogie after sitting 50 feet from the pin in 2 shots.

Instead of a best ever 85 or 86, I finish with an 89.

Note: This thread is 3495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!