IGNORED

Whaddya Wanna See from TST?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

What do you want to see from The Sand Trap? Anything we can do differently? Better? Stop doing?

This is an open thread for the discussion of the topic.

Edit: I'm talking mostly about content, not the software that runs the site.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe add skins, stats, and more profile options for mobile..(?)...Maybe more mobile options such as the blog for mobile...Other than that It's fine.

Riley

• Administrator

Maybe add skins, stats, and more profile options for mobile..(?)...Maybe more mobile options such as the blog for mobile...Other than that It's fine.

I should have been clearer, I suppose: I meant in terms of content, not the technical stuff. We can't do anything about that. We can only do what the software gives us.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I should have been clearer, I suppose: I meant in terms of content, not the technical stuff. We can't do anything about that. We can only do what the software gives us.

Oh my apologies. In terms of stuff on the blog or content, I got nothing. TST is doing just fine for me.

Riley

I thought the was an epic thread. I had a gnarly lie a while back, and after I hit it, I thought it would have been cool to take a pic and start a How Would You Play this Shot thread. I of course like all sorts of golf technology and gadgets.

• Upvote 2

- Shane

I had a gnarly lie a while back, and after I hit it, I thought it would have been cool to take a pic and start a How Would You Play this Shot thread. I of course like all sorts of golf technology and gadgets.

Good idea. Anything more specific? What was the shot?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

To be brutally honest, my only criticism & it's just aimed to the membership as a whole ... there doesn't seem to be a lot of camaraderie amongst the members.     Just one example, the best shot thread - everybody posts their best shot of the week, and its a rare thing for someone to respond - everyone just posts their shots for others to read, and that's it  ... rarely see a "Heckuva shot Jim", "I know that hole Fred, fantastic shot", ""the way you cut that dogleg Rick, not sure I would have tried that", etc.     Just seems like there's not a whole lot of back and forth friendly dialogue.    The blow-up hole thread - two pages of cringe-worthy epic blow ups so far, and not a single reply. It's human nature I guess - everybody's busy today, and maybe doesn't have the time to devote to it - I'm as guilty as anybody. Of course, you get the banter threads, which brings out those that like to argue.

I'm not bashing the site by any means, as I spend more time here than any others - I like the layout of the site, and have learned a lot from the members ... and this is just an observation compared to other golf discussion boards, which seem to be a lot "friendlier", maybe "chummier" would be a better word, as there are plenty of friendly people here ... not sure how we as a group move in this direction, I would just like to see people take the time to respond to threads .

• Upvote 2

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Good idea. Anything more specific? What was the shot?

I'll recreate it by dropping a ball when I'm at Kittyhawk again. I was behind a line of trees and had to go over a green side bunker. It was death. Just curious how different ppl would play. I think threads like that are thought inspiring and talking about it here can prep us for the real think.

- Shane

I think it would be helpful to know what the owner and mods want this site to be.  This is the best site for overall golf discussion and instruction so if that's the goal, I think it's there.

The only shortcoming I see is that other sites have a larger focus on equipment and their membership is much more active in discussing it.

Joe Paradiso

To be brutally honest, my only criticism & it's just aimed to the membership as a whole ... there doesn't seem to be a lot of camaraderie amongst the members.     Just one example, the best shot thread - everybody posts their best shot of the week, and its a rare thing for someone to respond - everyone just posts their shots for others to read, and that's it  ... rarely see a "Heckuva shot Jim", "I know that hole Fred, fantastic shot", ""the way you cut that dogleg Rick, not sure I would have tried that", etc.     Just seems like there's not a whole lot of back and forth friendly dialogue.    The blow-up hole thread - two pages of cringe-worthy epic blow ups so far, and not a single reply. It's human nature I guess - everybody's busy today, and maybe doesn't have the time to devote to it - I'm as guilty as anybody. Of course, you get the banter threads, which brings out those that like to argue.

I'm not bashing the site by any means, as I spend more time here than any others - I like the layout of the site, and have learned a lot from the members ... and this is just an observation compared to other golf discussion boards, which seem to be a lot "friendlier", maybe "chummier" would be a better word, as there are plenty of friendly people here ... not sure how we as a group move in this direction, I would just like to see people take the time to respond to threads .

I agree but I feel like a lot of people are scared to say something. I know everything I say I worry about EJ tearing me up (that's what she said ;) ). All jokes aside I think most people worry about the negative when they comment on something someone else posted.

I agree but I feel like a lot of people are scared to say something. I know everything I say I worry about EJ tearing me up (that's what she said ;) ).

All jokes aside I think most people worry about the negative when they comment on something someone else posted.

Welp, lets take the welcome thingy. I've replied to a bunch of em, and most times they get at most maybe 3 or 4 post's, unlike when a female joins.. :-D

Until the above was mentioned, and I believe we talked about this before, is the hope would be to get involved more in welcoming new folks to the site. I mean if new folks don't think the current members for the most aren't very friendly, why would you wanna stick around..? I'm sure Erik might have some stat's on how active recent new members are here.

I said this before, and it imho bears repeating, in other sites where I've been a member for well over 10 years, new folks get a really warm welcome, usually 8 to 12 post's. And the guys on one site a motorcycle racing site, are mostly friendly towards anyone, unless they are, or become a$$hats. OTH, if your new and people give you a nice welcome, at least respond back, and take part in some thread other than, can you fix my swing, or are these clubs right for me, then disappear.

IMHO, it would be nice to have a more friendly/ maybe joking convo, then to criticize to quickly, which I have seen, but can't recall any specific one.

Anyhow, that's my only minus with regards to the site, flame on if you choose to..

• Upvote 1

Welp, lets take the welcome thingy. I've replied to a bunch of em, and most times they get at most maybe 3 or 4 post's, unlike when a female joins..:-D   Until the above was mentioned, and I believe we talked about this before, is the hope would be to get involved more in welcoming new folks to the site. I mean if new folks don't think the current members for the most aren't very friendly, why would you wanna stick around..? I'm sure Erik might have some stat's on how active recent new members are here. I said this before, and it imho bears repeating, in other sites where I've been a member for well over 10 years, new folks get a really warm welcome, usually 8 to 12 post's. And the guys on one site a motorcycle racing site, are mostly friendly towards anyone, unless they are, or become a$$hats. OTH, if your new and people give you a nice welcome, at least respond back, and take part in some thread other than, can you fix my swing, or are these clubs right for me, then disappear. IMHO, it would be nice to have a more friendly/ maybe joking convo, then to criticize to quickly, which I have seen, but can't recall any specific one. Anyhow, that's my only minus with regards to the site, flame on if you choose to..

I will personally welcome every single member, as long as I have permission to speak Slovak occasionally.

Riley

Agreed ... I always try to comment on the welcome threads ... Perhaps some the events will get people together more ... Like has been stated the layout is real great, the amount of knowledge is also the best. The swing threads are invaluable The thread about breaking 100 was a positive thread I thought ... I am going try and make the event in Palm Springs if it makes, just to meet some the folks here. Again, the layout is the best, and improving your game is the best ... Just have to a little thicker skin here, than some other sites. But I get what @inthehole is saying ... But other than a gaming site I moderate, this is where I spend a lot of time.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I will personally welcome every single member, as long as I have permission to speak Slovak occasionally.

Welp, you'll have to talk to Erik about that...lol  BTW, engrish works well to.. :-P

I think get gatherings like last weekend are great for camaraderie. I would like to see more get together s. I'm trying to stir one up in the Chicagoland area on @cipher 's thread. I think it helps when people meet face to face. I might be a bit old fashioned I suppose. They wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, just getting together to play golf.

- Shane

I think get gatherings like last weekend are great for camaraderie. I would like to see more get together s. I'm trying to stir one up in the Chicagoland area on @cipher 's thread. I think it helps when people meet face to face. I might be a bit old fashioned I suppose. They wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, just getting together to play golf.

I completely agree. I don't think it's old fashion at all. I have had the pleasure of meeting nate (cipher) and I do think it's nice to put a face to a poster. Also I like meeting someone face to face. We should do a Chicago area event.

Note: This thread is 3383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!