IGNORED

Golf Shoes for wide feet.

Moppy
Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I get jealous when I hear about you guys saying some brand of golf shoes or other are "comfortable."  I can't really find any comfortable shoes. The best I have so far are some shoes from Croc, not the open back ones, but regular shoes, that I can wear for nine holes walking, but they are far from "comfortable," tolerable would be a better description.  This does limit my ability to play eighteen holes walking.

Any suggestions?

2 friends that I golf with both have wider feet and they wear True Links golf shoes. Try those and they do come in different colours as well, not sure if that is a selling point for you or not but an option at least.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Yeah TRUE shoes tend to be a little wider than most golf shoes

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a EEE foot and for years wore the widest Foot Joy's I could get. By the end of a round (I walk) my toes would be sore. I bought a pair of True Links this year and they are extremely comfortable.

One if the reasons I wear non-golf shoes ... Hard to find a pair wide enough ... I use my running shoes.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I find that if I buy Footjoy shoes in an extra wide and one size larger, they fit pretty well. At first they kind of looked like clown shoes (I usually wear Asics since they're the widest I can find in tennis shoes) compared to my regular shoes, but I got used to it pretty quick. That said, I still usually will wear my tennis shoes unless I have a tournament or it's wet since they're generally more comfortable for my fat feet.

I have semi wide feet and have found adidas to be good with mine. Idk how wide you are talking though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have wide feet (not a EEE though) When I walk, wear my Croc Sport Duet. Nice and wide. And it's like walking barefoot.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Thank you everybody. I think living here in the sticks, I am going to have to do some internet shopping, but they usually take shoes back if they don't fit. At least that is how my daughters do it, and they buy a lot of shoes over the internet.

One of the reasons I wanted golf shoes, rather than plain old athletic shoes, and maybe it is an over reaction, but I went to the range in sandals, sometimes I wear Crocs, because they don't crush my feet, and with my feet sliding around I couldn't hit anything straight. Made me think a really stable shoe makes a difference one lest variable.

Stability is over-rated. :-) Go for comfort.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Another vote for TRUE LINKS from someone with wide feet also.

The only issues I have had with them are 1) they are not as waterproof as my Footjoy Dryjoys (I have the Ryan Moore Signature Series Rebel High in suede) and 2) amount of grip on wet muddy days.

And my wife thinks they look like clown shoes so sometimes I will even wear them for going out to dinner.

I like FJ and wear 13W.  However, fit depends on more than just length and width.  The volume of the shoe matters a lot and some styles have a high volume while others not.  According to those on FJ's forum, the highest volume FJ shoe styles are Contour, MProject, and DNA.  I wear Contours.  The FJ Casual spikeless seems OK, but I've only tried them on and not worn them while playing.  I tried FJ Sports and couldn't even get my foot into a 13W.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I play in sandal spikes, which tend to be wider.  Because I also have wide-ass duck feet.

Unless I'm playing at a nice private club.  Then I break out the foot breakers and bear it for a round.

"Witty golf quote."

I like FJ and wear 13W.  However, fit depends on more than just length and width.

That is it exactly, my feet are not hugely wide. Not EEE or anything, I just have really high arches so I want the increased volume of a wide shoe. My brother went to a specialty store one time and they told him that he didn't really have wide feet, he just had the arch of a size 15, my brother also exaggerates a lot... but you get the idea.

Thanks again everybody.

That is it exactly, my feet are not hugely wide. Not EEE or anything, I just have really high arches so I want the increased volume of a wide shoe. My brother went to a specialty store one time and they told him that he didn't really have wide feet, he just had the arch of a size 15, my brother also exaggerates a lot... but you get the idea. Thanks again everybody.

A wider shoe will not benefit your high arches in the long run. It really doesn't make any sense.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I know exactly what you mean.  I wear a 14W and the most comfy pair of shoes I found are a pair of adidas spikeless.  I cannot find the exact link but they are something like this http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/51057/refScid/1094/sattr0/Width/sattrVal0/wide/sattr1/Cleat+Technology/sattrVal1/spikeless/sattr2/Type/sattrVal2/golf/sattr3/Color/sattrVal3/White~%7C~Satellite

Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!