Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elemeno P

Going to a Fancy Driving Range

5 posts in this topic

Mom is going out of town this weekend so I'm taking the kiddo to the Houston Museum of Natural Science (about 2.5 hours away).

After that, I'm going to try to swing over to Swanson Golf Center and try out the Trackman Range thingy they have there.

Any suggestions on what to focus on for a first (probably only) time?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Very cool.  I try to hit balls on these once or twice a year.

It really depends on what you want to do.  Since you've never used one before, you could just hit balls and look at the stats to see what it does.  But the best thing you could probably do would be to dial in your distances--particularly with your scoring clubs--because the trackman will tell exactly how far you hit the ball.  Or, if you have Lowest Score Wins, you can even develop your shot zones.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

...dial in your distances--particularly with your scoring clubs--because the trackman will tell exactly how far you hit the ball.

This is what I'm most excited about.  Looking forward to it.

If you have an adjustable driver you might want to experiment with lofts and weights.  Most people hit it lower than they should.  Up the loft and see what happens to the distance and spin.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you have an adjustable driver you might want to experiment with lofts and weights.  Most people hit it lower than they should.  Up the loft and see what happens to the distance and spin.

Awesome idea!

I do have an R1 and it's basically been stuck at 10.5 with everything else at neutral.