IGNORED

Apple's Awesome Thread (was 9/9 Event Thread)

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm learning this late but people are microwaving their iPhones thinking they're charging them due to a look alike fake Apple ad. JFC. WTF.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm learning this late but people are microwaving their iPhones thinking they're charging them due to a look alike fake Apple ad. JFC. WTF.

LOL!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That's possibly the dumbest thing I've heard all week. I'm quite happy with my six plus,although getting used to the size of it will take some getting used to.

Corey

Casio vs 6. Indoors.

That's impressive. I may have to get one of these. Someday.

I heard about that. Kinda sad, really.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I saw that stupid ad... not really surprised some people fell for it. People are dumb.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

DOH!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

I have a video of Natalie indoors at 240 FPS.

Not too bad.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a video of Natalie indoors at 240 FPS.

Not too bad.

Esp. for low light conditions. Wonder if we'll see more high fps swings on YT?

Steve

• Administrator

I have changed my mind: for $349 (plus taxes, etc.) I may buy an  Watch for… hitting starting and stopping recordings on my iPhone. Basically, a remote control.

That's worth $250 or so to me. The other stuff can make up the rest.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have changed my mind: for $349 (plus taxes, etc.) I may buy an  Watch for… hitting starting and stopping recordings on my iPhone. Basically, a remote control.

I have not been a watch wearer for all of my life. Due to work I have been testing fitness and smart watches and I can say I like them. My opinion is that Apple can do this well and I will probably like wearing it.

I feel they are being a bit too bold saying that they can get optical heart rate measurements during motion like working out, but the rest of the functions will be worth it.

Michael

• Administrator

I feel they are being a bit too bold saying that they can get optical heart rate measurements during motion like working out, but the rest of the functions will be worth it.

My cheapie Garmin watch can do it.

My cheapie Garmin watch can do it.

Yes, many of the watches like Basis, Samsung Gear Fit, Garmin can get your heart rate if there is no motion. As soon as you add motion the result goes haywire. In fact, Garmin recommends that you wear a chest strap that measures ECG for working out and tracking your heart rate. Apple is advertising you can get accurate optical heart rate with motion, that will be tough. Not impossible but very tough.

The thing is, will you wear a $349 watch to work out? Maybe, maybe not. One might not want to sweat all over the watch in a workout and then wear it to a nice dinner with friends. Maybe wear some kind of fitness watch, activity tracker, or no watch when working out, then wear the iWatch when going out to dinner.

Michael

• Administrator
The thing is, will you wear a $349 watch to work out? Maybe, maybe not. One might not want to sweat all over the watch in a workout and then wear it to a nice dinner with friends. Maybe wear some kind of fitness watch, activity tracker, or no watch when working out, then wear the iWatch when going out to dinner.

I have a Garmin 620. It cost about that much, or more. So… yes.

The  Watch Sport is aluminum and you can change the band if you want to wear it out and just have a silicone band for working out or something.

I've already said it's worth $250 if I can just stop and start recordings. I'm wiling to pay $250 of it just to use it as a remote control. My Garmin 620 I use ONLY when I go running, after all…

During the announcement, I was surprised you didn't want to get it. Now, not so surprised you do. :-)

Steve

• Administrator

During the announcement, I was surprised you didn't want to get it. Now, not so surprised you do.

Eh. I only ever thought of the $100 reasons. I'm still actually not even sure there are $100 in reasons, actually…

I think I'm dumb.

Just got my new phone (the 4.7" one, 64gb, space grey) and the wife convinced me it was defective because she couldnt hear me when I had it on speakerphone.  Turns out, that it was only because the microphones were covered by the plastic we were afraid to take off until we get cases. :doh:

Good thing too, because before we even owned them for 18 hours, she had already dropped hers.  (Luckily only the plastic cover got scratched)

I wonder. I haven't upgraded to 8 yet. Can you say, hey Siri, record video in high speed mode. Then, stop recording?

Steve

Note: This thread is 2453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!