IGNORED

Apple's Awesome Thread (was 9/9 Event Thread)

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

iMac with Retina 5K display vs. the Original Apple Macintosh

30 years ago vs now. That was a fun little machine.

http://thingsofinterest.com/2014/10/22/difference-30-years-makes-imac-retina-5k-display-vs-original-macintosh/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This isnt the exact topic but....

That's hilarious. :-$ I need to send this picture to some of my friends. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Check out this super detailed chart on Apple products. There's a zoom in feature.

http://popchartlab.com/products/the-insanely-great-history-of-apple-3-0

Eat24 will work with Apple Pay soon.

http://eat24.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eat24-order-food-delivery/id517729226?mt=8

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Apple watch app.

Steve

Apple watch app.

While the GPS app is pretty cool I worry about battery life. Keeping the GPS on all the time along with the display may run down the battery.

Michael

• Administrator
While the GPS app is pretty cool I worry about battery life. Keeping the GPS on all the time along with the display may run down the battery.

The GPS is in your phone at least.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd like to know how useful the Apple Watch is without your iPhone.  If you aren't carrying your iPhone with you, what can you do with it?  Or do you have to have your iPhone with you at all times?

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

I'd like to know how useful the Apple Watch is without your iPhone.  If you aren't carrying your iPhone with you, what can you do with it?  Or do you have to have your iPhone with you at all times?

I think it's pretty limited w/o the iPhone. There's definitely no cell radio in it, no gps. Probably no wifi. Only the LE Bluetooth.

Steve

Yes. You are right.

I think it's pretty limited w/o the iPhone. There's definitely no cell radio in it, no gps. Probably no wifi. Only the LE Bluetooth.

The Samsung watches all require you to own a Samsung phone. They won't even boot up without the phone. I imagine the iWatch will be the same.

Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

The Samsung watches all require you to own a Samsung phone. They won't even boot up without the phone. I imagine the iWatch will be the same.

But I think the end game is to get it all in there one day.

Steve

Another big a$$ infographic (free) delineating all the hardware parts/products and associated history that make up the iPhone.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Today I learned you can append to a video by dropping another one into Quicktime. Very useful especially if you're too lazy to go into iMovie or Final Cut Pro or whatever monster video editing app. I need take time and find out all the little Quicktime tricks I'm missing, jeez.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2014/11/apple-granted-25-patents-today-covering-camera-stabilization-wi-fi-cellular-macbook-and-an-audio-user-interface.html

Apple Granted 25 Patents Today Covering Camera Stabilization, Wi-Fi + Cellular MacBook and an Audio User Interface

Quote:

Apple Granted Patent for a Cellular MacBook

Apple has been granted a patent today for their invention relating to cavity antennas for the iPhone and future MacBooks designed for cellular telephone bands. There have been many patents on this possible future product and you could review them in our Cellular MacBook archive.

Whether the idea is to design a MacBook with cellular data capabilities like the iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular offers today or to go beyond that to offering a telephone application, as the patent suggests, is unknown at this time.

Steve

Cool Mac app to unlock MacBook/iMac via Touch ID, some technical issues going on now, but when it's fixed should be a nifty little nice to have.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id932228994?mt=8

Steve

• Administrator

Cool Mac app to unlock MacBook/iMac via Touch ID, some technical issues going on now, but when it's fixed should be a nifty little nice to have.

Why?

Stuff like this makes no sense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Why?

Stuff like this makes no sense.

Yeah, read more of the description - you have to unlock your phone to go into an app, unlock that to unlock laptop/desktop. I thought there would be fewer steps, like straight from the control center but that's locked down I think.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!