IGNORED

What is it called, when you 'drop' when you are in your downswing?

Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, thank you in advance for your insight. I have worked hard over the past few months at keeping my posture as I used to (and still do sometimes!) stand up on my downswing with a nasty over the top and early extension. I have been working hard on this, but now that my swing plane is more inside/out and my posture is getting better, I seem to be doing a 'crunch' during my downswing. I cannot find much on what this is so I can work on it, but was hoping that someone could tell me what this is called, so I can make it my next focus (as it causes me to hit Fat sometimes). -WI here is a video where you can clearly see it happening, I can't hit balls in the yard so no contact, but I am not looking for a swing analysis, but rather what this 'crunch' is called so I can research it [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEckCD6yt0&feature;=youtu.be[/VIDEO]

Hello all, thank you in advance for your insight.

I have worked hard over the past few months at keeping my posture as I used to (and still do sometimes!) stand up on my downswing with a nasty over the top and early extension. I have been working hard on this, but now that my swing plane is more inside/out and my posture is getting better, I seem to be doing a 'crunch' during my downswing. I cannot find much on what this is so I can work on it, but was hoping that someone could tell me what this is called, so I can make it my next focus (as it causes me to hit Fat sometimes).

-WI

here is a video where you can clearly see it happening, I can't hit balls in the yard so no contact, but I am not looking for a swing analysis, but rather what this 'crunch' is called so I can research it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEckCD6yt0&feature;=youtu.be

Welcome to the Sand Trap.  Here are a couple of threads you should look at.

You are very crouched and bent over at set up.  This may contribute to your head dropping.  It is not necessarily a bad thing to drop slightly (Tiger and Rory do it), but you need to come back up by impact.  The videos below will really help.

- See Key #1 Steady Head

It would help if you created a My Swing Thread in the Members Swings section.  I can move this thread there or you could start a new one.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you. Will review your suggestion, I didn't want to post in My Swing yet as there is no ball in this swing and I didn't know if it was called something in particular. If I posted my swing from a few months ago, it would be a disgrace as I am so far over the top and extended its painful to watch! Next time I go to the range, I will get a good video! Thank you again!

Thank you. Will review your suggestion, I didn't want to post in My Swing yet as there is no ball in this swing and I didn't know if it was called something in particular. If I posted my swing from a few months ago, it would be a disgrace as I am so far over the top and extended its painful to watch!

Next time I go to the range, I will get a good video! Thank you again!

Looking forward to it!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!