IGNORED

Allowable Discussion During Round

nedlou
Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So he gets to set or ban topics?

Nope

Outlawing a topic -- if he used that word - seems prickish. Perhaps he loses focus during the round if the talk centers around women. But it is his issue and he needs to overcome it. As long as the rest of  you are not being pricks about women - or being loud or disrespectful in front of other women, then he should learn to let it go...

I'd normally agree. I am sure there are some topics I would not be comfortable hearing about over the course of a round. I have yet to come across a topic. Would I ask them to not talk about it, probably not. I could see how some topics might be distracting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only topic I ban from discussions is work if we're not on the course for business purposes, otherwise there are no off limit topics.

Joe Paradiso

My group banters with the best of the them ... Sometimes rude and crude ... The only area we stay away from are wives and kids .... Everything else is open to be kidded about ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Hi everyone, first time poster.

I've been golfing with the same group for quite some time and we are all single men in our low to mid 30's. One of the guys in our group claims that talking about women and/or dating during the round is detrimental to play and he has outlawed any mention of females while on the course. Does anyone else abide by this rule?

To me, a group of dudes should enjoy four hours of uninterrupted male bonding by drinking beers and discussing manly topics such as sports, work, fitness and girls! An all male foursome represents the ultimate bro sanctuary and the talk of beautiful women (or even not so beautiful women...) should serve as an inspiration from the tee box all the way to the green!

Am I wrong here??

Thanks,

Lmao @ that highlighted part.

As for your friend, tell him this is 'Merica in case he forgot.The only thing I don't talk about on the course is politics....I'll even dabble in religious talk

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Nothing is off limits with your bros on the course. Besides the game itself, you're there to unwind and have a good time. Skirting around topics (especially fun ones) is no fun.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'll talk about just about anything on the course, depending on the flow of the conversation and/or the people I'm with. I don't know how anything you talk about could be bad for your golfing except maybe coaching someone on swing changes mid round. Heck, anything that keeps my mind OFF my golfing typically is beneficial to my scores because it keeps me from worrying about the bad shots.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Im pretty easy going, you can talk about[U] pretty much[/U] anything and it would bother me. Like a poster above stated wives and kids are off limits.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

One of my close buddy's wife is dying of ALS.  About 3 years post-diagnosis now and not doing well.

We don't ever talk about her situation on the course.....not even to offer support or sympathy.  He comes out with us to get away from all of that, if only for a little while.

Everything else is fair game.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yeah - that dude needs to lighten up.  I've been golfing with same group for 20 years and we still talk about women and everything else.  The only exception is "over the top" trash talk - not allowed!

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA....let's not jump to conclusions here. I know the OP said they're all single but this guy might be the only one of them in an actual relationship with a woman. That would go a LONG way toward explaining why he doesn't want to talk about women.

OK, I can read between the lines. Fess up. He doesn't mind talking about women, he doesn't want you guys to talk about his woman! :-P

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

maybe hes the guy who doesnt get much and doesnt like hearing about how...good...his buddies lives are, anyways i think some of the best stories and funniest all involve girls with the kind of guys i hang around with...but im the guy whos in a relationship, so the stories make me all jealous! and my girlfriend likes to come golfing with me

Be a real friend and find out his reason.  I bet if you dig enough you will find some sort of pain or issue he is having involving women, maybe a relationship issue, trouble talking to girls, etc.  He very well may be the guy who should be talking about this with his buddies, he's probably just a little ashamed or embarrassed and is trying to avoid the topic.  Help him out by talking to him about it privately, away from the other guys, and find out what's up.

- Mark

If someone starts telling me there are rules above and beyond those of golf it will be the last time I play with that person AND it will be the ONLY thing I talk about during the round.

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!