IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/873952

Mostly my putting hurt me today. 67% GIR is very solid. I had a lot of good looks for birdies on a handful of holes. 

My strokes gained for the round versus my handicap range. 

hdcp.JPG

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Mostly my putting hurt me today. 67% GIR is very solid. I had a lot of good looks for birdies on a handful of holes. 

hdcp.JPG

Been there, done it, will do it again soon. My best GIR days always come with funky putting stats. Basically I trade a long ass putt for a chip because despite hitting the green it wasn't a great shot or anything and it ends up being a 3 putt.

Are you sure hole 15 is right? That first putt left you 21 feet for the second? I've done it but dang it's a once a year mind blip.

Dave :-)

2 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Are you sure hole 15 is right? That first putt left you 21 feet for the second? I've done it but dang it's a once a year mind blip.

No, that is right. The back 1/3rd of that green is like 3.5 to 5.0 slope. If you are anywhere above the hole and outside of 5 feet you will end up at minimum 10 feet away from the pin. There was no one behind us and we had a wait on the next tee. I tried about 6 putts. The closest I got was 15 feet. That was aiming 60 degrees away from the pin. 

In the summer any ball that isn't already near the back left of the green will be there on the first putt. It's almost borderline unfair. 

The red line in the center is the ridge. The back of that green then slopes where the red arrow points. The blue is where the pin swas. The purple was where my ball was. The orange path is what my putt did. My Aimpoint was like halfway between the hole and the fringe. 

green.JPG

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

:pound::pound: :mad: :angry: I hate that! My parents club has absolutely brutal greens, the course designer had to be sadistic. That's the place where every summer I shoot WTF rounds and it's all putting.

Anyway wouldn't have commented but I am stuck at work waiting on a customer. Had to cancel my freakin' tee time so I am ready to kill someone.

Dave :-)

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

:pound::pound: :mad: :angry: I hate that! My parents club has absolutely brutal greens, the course designer had to be sadistic. That's the place where every summer I shoot WTF rounds and it's all putting.

Anyway wouldn't have commented but I am stuck at work waiting on a customer. Had to cancel my freakin' tee time so I am ready to kill someone.

I knew I was screwed the moment I saw that my approach didn't clear the ridge. If I hit it about 3-4 yards further it kicks forward and I probably would have had a 15-20 ft putt up the hill. 

In the summer I've seen putts roll back 8 feet away from the pin. It's really an unfair part of the green if STIMP is high enough. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/874083

41 in the league this week. 2 three putts, 3 bunkers 3 bogies = 5 over.

The bunkers are really just half inch of sand over hard clay dirt. Brutal.

strokes gained.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

hdcp.JPG

I'm the same way:

Strokes Gained.png

Rained yesterday and today on the front nine so the course was playing soft and it slowed the greens down. Hit some good shots but didn't putt well. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/880316

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/881202

Driving: Meh for holes 1, 2, 7, 9. I was hitting a lot of cut shots. The swing got way too long for me. My best two driving holes, 15 & 16 were when I focused on keeping the swing short. 

Irons: Were pretty good. 

Putting: Much better. 

Short game: kinda serviceable. Could have been better. Pitching motion is getting there. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/880892?shot_id=56501586&hole_id=23655810

I'm getting mid iron distances off the tee that don't seem real - like 20-30 yards beyond what I consider my stock distances. Not complaining mind you, but it's a bit perplexing. In any event, my distances from the fairway and rough are a bit more in line with what I'm accustomed to.

I didn't record my second round of nine on GG because I ended up joining a 3 some. But more of the same the 2nd time around. Solid contact with irons with a bit of an issue with starting line. The real killer today was my putting. Where my previous two rounds included my usual ok lagg putting and improved short putting, today wasn't very good on either. Still, an enjoyable round of 98.

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/879839

Played in a tournament on Saturday. Shot 77. Made 3 birdies, 2 skins.

Approach shots were not very good. I hit four solid ones all day. But I stayed dedicated to my "rotating open drill" on every shot.

Putting was okay. Greens were top dressed. Speed on long putts was an issue. Can't blame that on the greens as that is always an issue for me anyway.

Drove the ball decent.

Short game...Thank you @iacas. Saved my a$$ again.  ;-)

Jim Morgan

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, saevel25 said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/881202

Driving: Meh for holes 1, 2, 7, 9. I was hitting a lot of cut shots. The swing got way too long for me. My best two driving holes, 15 & 16 were when I focused on keeping the swing short. 

Irons: Were pretty good. 

Putting: Much better. 

Short game: kinda serviceable. Could have been better. Pitching motion is getting there. 

You are smoking your irons!!  7i going 181/186, 6i going 214, 3w-289 and PW 155-160.  Those are awesome distances!!  Trying to get some of that back after a long winter layoff in North Dakota!!!

Keep it up!!

On 08/05/2016 at 6:59 PM, coachjimsc said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/879839

Played in a tournament on Saturday. Shot 77. Made 3 birdies, 2 skins.

Approach shots were not very good. I hit four solid ones all day. But I stayed dedicated to my "rotating open drill" on every shot.

Putting was okay. Greens were top dressed. Speed on long putts was an issue. Can't blame that on the greens as that is always an issue for me anyway.

Drove the ball decent.

Short game...Thank you @iacas. Saved my a$$ again.  ;-)

WOW, you hit it far. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/885827

Didn't get off the tee well, but no huge damage done either. No OB!

Front 9 was smooth sailing, and was never once in danger of anything worse than bogey. Pars on 4 of 8. GIR on the 9th, but 3-putted from distance downhill. 41 had me excited.

Back 9 started well enough with bogeys on 3 difficult holes. No big number there is always good. But the par 5's bit me for some reason. I was in a greenside bunker in regulation for the first par 5, but walked away with double bogey. Darn ball ended up on top of a dirt clump so I tried to pick it clean. Left me on the fringe for a long putt (3 putts later, I card my first double bogey of the day).

On 17, my worst tee of the day was a low pull left into the trees that bounced straight down into muck. I think I was growing weary at that point. Had to advance ahead (still not to the fairway), but still managed to get up around the green in 4 shots. If I went OB on the first tee, I'd have been struggling to get near the green in 5. I chipped close-ish, but barely missed my bogey putt.

Overall, progress. Stick to smooth swings with my lessons in mind, and the ball seems to stay in play. Golf's more fun without stroke and distance penalties.

I'd have guessed I lost more from the tee than putting, but the three-putts did add up (but they were all from distance).

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 6.24.47 PM.png

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

WOW, you hit it far. 

Thanks. But @saevel25 is the one that hits it far. ;-)

Jim Morgan

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!