IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Happy and unhappy with my 9 hole score tonight. Short game struggled due to the greens being a lot slower than I'm used to, but I did much better at 43% Fairways and 33% GIRs and every hole that wasn't a GIR was a nGIR. Every drive except the one on 9 was 100% carry with no roll.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/888756

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of my first rounds with Game Golf. Didn't play all that well and was demoing a new driver. Didn't figure out until the last hole that I was swinging way too steep. Definitely looking forward to playing again soon but unfortunately the weather is awful here for the next week or so. Took cutting the corner to the extreme on the last hole, dog leg left and almost drove the green.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/TheRealJQ/round/891218

Edited by JxQx

Two very strange days on the trot. Played 9 holes yesterday and today. Yesterday, parred 3 of the first 4 holes, and acquired 13 stableford points. I then took a total nose dive and finished on 18 points, after blobbing on 3 holes. Today I had a poor round totaling only 15 points on 9 holes. I had a few really good holes, but some disasters as well. On a long par 5 I was on the edge of the green putting for a birdie, and I finished on 8, yes, 8. My drives today were sublime, but unusually my putting was dreadful. That said, the greens at my course are presently awful  

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

6 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Two very strange days on the trot. Played 9 holes yesterday and today. Yesterday, parred 3 of the first 4 holes, and acquired 13 stableford points. I then took a total nose dive and finished on 18 points, after blobbing on 3 holes. Today I had a poor round totaling only 15 points on 9 holes. I had a few really good holes, but some disasters as well. On a long par 5 I was on the edge of the green putting for a birdie, and I finished on 8, yes, 8. My drives today were sublime, but unusually my putting was dreadful. That said, the greens at my course are presently awful  

3 shots to go 500yds or so.  5 more shots to go the final 15yds. Been there!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Using my Gamegolf, I played a personal worst ball scramble. I signed off the round to not be public and not be included in my stats. Does this also include not being used in my club distances?

• Administrator
5 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Using my Gamegolf, I played a personal worst ball scramble. I signed off the round to not be public and not be included in my stats. Does this also include not being used in my club distances?

I believe so, as those count as "stats."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/896031

Course played 70.8/122.  

I expanded on this in my thread but:I'm happy playing the last 4 holes in 5 over, feeling better about my driving, and shaping the ball on purpose.  Rough having 4 penalty strokes, having 4 instances where I failed to get out of the bunker, and didn't make any putts outside of 3 feet.

Overall, the way I was hitting the ball, had a few key spots gone my way, I could have shot in the mid 90's.  Not bad (for me) on a course I've never played before.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/900020

Played in a PAG tour event today. Shot 76 came in third having to give 4 strokes. Won 1 skin and 2 closets to the pin.

Three bad drives cost me 3 bogies. Other then that played decent.

Rotating left with a little more speed is making my shot cones smaller. :dance:

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/902536?hole_id=23920934

Despite the score, one of my fave rounds I've ever played:

• Had some mishit drivers on P4s. Penalties hurt. Gotta work on driver more.
  • Played the longest par3 I've ever played on 98Was hesitant about trying a choked-up driver shot for the 1st time ever in the middle of a round, but it worked great. I was actually amazed how straight it went based on moving a few inches down. I wouldnt mind doing this on even future par4 holes that are tight.
  • Going back to the penalty thing, hole 6 hurt. What hurt even more though was someone finding my ball a few holes later from my initial drive. It was still a missed fairway, but the ball was actually in a position for a 40 yard pitch shot vs what I did. Had I just found that ball, that 8 could have been a 4 or 5.
Edited by cutchemist42

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/904167

That's a round with @NatalieB (who started off like shit but finished really well) and my new PING G driver, 3W, and Crossover.

I think I'm going to bump the 3W up to 15 or 15.5°, and the Crossover, well, I'm starting a new thread on that one. It goes… F-A-R.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/906676

Not a great round, but I figured something out about Game Golf that has been bugging me. 

The left hand pane that shows the summary of holes will occasionally show yardages that are quite a bit different than the scorecard:

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.07 PM.png

The above screenshot says the 2nd hole is 378yds. No way it's that long. It usually plays 340-350. Here's the GG scorecard (matches the yardages on the hard copy and online):

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.55 PM.png

It says 347 from the blues, where I played today. So what accounts for 378? I think this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.40 PM.png

If you add up the distances I hit every shot: 230 + 123 = 353. Then convert putt distances to yards: 64+9+2 = 75ft = 25yds.  That adds to 378yds.

Game Golf shows you how far every shot went, of course (not how far you were from the pin on each shot). Since I was wide right on my drive in the rough. Then hit the far left side of the green while the pin was tucked far right- I maximized how far I could've played that hole.  

If someone else plays a hole in some wild fashion and the distance shown on the left plane is wildly off from the scorecard, maybe do a double-check to see if this holds true?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

GAME Golf makes me wish I had a smart phone. But, I don't. SOL :(

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CCC said:

GAME Golf makes me wish I had a smart phone. But, I don't. SOL :(

You don't need one. Get a Classic unit.

On May 19, 2016 at 9:38 AM, RandallT said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/906676

Not a great round, but I figured something out about Game Golf that has been bugging me. 

The left hand pane that shows the summary of holes will occasionally show yardages that are quite a bit different than the scorecard:

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.07 PM.png

The above screenshot says the 2nd hole is 378yds. No way it's that long. It usually plays 340-350. Here's the GG scorecard (matches the yardages on the hard copy and online):

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.55 PM.png

It says 347 from the blues, where I played today. So what accounts for 378? I think this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.30.40 PM.png

If you add up the distances I hit every shot: 230 + 123 = 353. Then convert putt distances to yards: 64+9+2 = 75ft = 25yds.  That adds to 378yds.

Game Golf shows you how far every shot went, of course (not how far you were from the pin on each shot). Since I was wide right on my drive in the rough. Then hit the far left side of the green while the pin was tucked far right- I maximized how far I could've played that hole.  

If someone else plays a hole in some wild fashion and the distance shown on the left plane is wildly off from the scorecard, maybe do a double-check to see if this holds true?

So, GG rates a hole by the yardage not by the CR. That's what I stated in the bogey golf thread a couple days ago. So, I surmised that our handicaps might be a little skewed because GG thinks we played a longer course. When we play the holes a bit better the hole lengths will be closer to the actual rating because we'll be playing less yards to get to the hole. At least that's how I understand it.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 hours ago, Lihu said:

So, GG rates a hole by the yardage not by the CR. That's what I stated in the bogey golf thread a couple days ago. So, I surmised that our handicaps might be a little skewed because GG thinks we played a longer course. When we play the holes a bit better the hole lengths will be closer to the actual rating because we'll be playing less yards to get to the hole. At least that's how I understand it.

Well, to be clear, I simply figured out that the left hand pane is the sum of the distances that all shots traveled. That's all I can conclude. I've got a support ticket in to discuss my handicap, and we are working through that. It'll be interesting if the number shown for the hole in the left pane is used for any calculations like handicap! I would not think it would be intentionally, as I think that number is somewhat meaningless (but of mild interest).

This par 3 below shows a hole that confirms to me that the left pane yardage is simply the total yards that all shots traveled, added up (not the length of the hole). It played about 145 yards this day, I think. I used 8-iron, so it wasn't over 150, I'm sure.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 8.17.58 AM.png

Yet add up the lengths of the shots, and you get the magic 244yds shown on the left. A bit deceiving, in that you might think I played a monster par 3 there.

The Game Golf scorecard still shows the correct yardages on the official scorecard. (150ish for this hole). 

FYI: I didn't hit the 8-iron 185yds, that's a drop zone (and someone on another thread pointed out the drop zone was incorrect. I actually plunked the tee shot into the water.

Edited by RandallT
Changed 186 to 185. Now it's right!

My Swing

54 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Well, to be clear, I simply figured out that the left hand pane is the sum of the distances that all shots traveled. That's all I can conclude. I've got a support ticket in to discuss my handicap, and we are working through that. It'll be interesting if the number shown for the hole in the left pane is used for any calculations like handicap! I would not think it would be intentionally, as I think that number is somewhat meaningless (but of mild interest).

I'd certainly be interested in the "magic" they used to give me an extra stroke in my handicap. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

i don't think taking the long way to finish a hole does anything to the GG handicap. It's just a sum of the lines our shots take. I wouldn't want that changed. If it shows I traveled 380 yards to get the ball down on a 317 yard hole I am better off seeing the ugly truth. If I overshoot the green or hit it 30 yards into the next fairway it is what it is.

Dave :-)

59 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

i don't think taking the long way to finish a hole does anything to the GG handicap. It's just a sum of the lines our shots take. I wouldn't want that changed. If it shows I traveled 380 yards to get the ball down on a 317 yard hole I am better off seeing the ugly truth. If I overshoot the green or hit it 30 yards into the next fairway it is what it is.

Game golf does not use course or slope ratings to calculate handicaps. So, I have to "assume" they do what they say on the site by using distance. They have bins divided by handicaps and your playing lengths. So, if the average higher handicap takes 50 yards more to get into a specific hole, I think they use that number for the hole rating. If this is the case, then higher handicaps will always be effectively playing a longer course than their lower handicap counterparts. For instance, my Game Golf handicap is 8.5 rather than 9.5 (actual GHIN based upon the same number of stroke counts). It's a full stroke different than my actual handicap, and I mishit my share of balls. I noticed that lower handicaps are pretty close to their actual handicaps. I spot checked quite a few of them. It seems like as you go lower in handicap, the CR starts to come in line with the played hole length due to the lower handicap's better skill.

Once again, another handicap tracking method that punishes the higher handicaps with unusually low "handicaps". If people are complaining that the GHIN favors lower handicaps by the 0.96 factor, this should really take the cake. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!