IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1000978

Played on Sunday. New course, cost me a few strokes because of it. On 1, for example, a short dogleg right par 5, I should have hit hybrid, not driver. The fairway slopes towards the hazard past the bunker so everything feeds into it. Same dumb decision-making on 2, should have teed off a shorter club on the short par 4. There are a few other examples that I'm going to have to go back over because I'm playing the same course again this weekend.

All told though, pretty happy I shot a 90 on a new course with all the mistakes I felt I made. Hit 8 GIR which is an excellent ball striking day for me, but really exposed my long lag putting. Distance control is complete garbage beyond 15'. 2.65 putts per GIR :8)

Irons have greatly improved since my last lesson but driver remains a problem. I hit maybe 3 good drives out of 10, not counting the one I got away with on 14. I really have to start looking at the driver as a specialty club and find a new club to tee off with if I want to really keep my scores down.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a crazy 9 hole stableford game this morning. My tee shot off of the 1st (a long par 4) went about 15 yards. I then it a hybrid straight across the fairway and landed behind a tree. I then chipped out from behind the tree, so I was then at a place I should have been after 1 shot. Needless to say I blobbed the 1st. From that point on wards I played like a demon, and ended up with 19 points from the remaining 8 holes. Still didn't win though, as my friend got 21 points.

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1006132

Played 9 holes in the league last night. Shot 36.

#1. Solid Driver down the middle. PW to 36ft. Two putt. Par

#2. 3H to a foot in the right rough. Pulled PW to pin high left of the green. LW chip to 3 feet. Par

#3. Decently struck 8i to 21 feet. Two putt. Par

#4. Good Driver down the middle. 3H to front left bunker. Not the place I wanted to leave it. Long bunker shot to 24 feet. Two putt. Par

#5. Necked Driver in the fairway. Uncommitted PW to front right fringe. Did not want to go long of the pin. Two putt. Par

#6. Good Driver in the fairway. A blah PW flared to short right of the pin. 42 feet, two putt. Par

#7. I had 178 flag. 160 to carry the front bunker which might as well be a water hazard. Wanted to hit 7i and hit a crappy 6i to pin high right off the green. Hit a well-executed pitch to 3 feet. Par

#8. Can’t really hit Driver here with the firm conditions and OB on the left of the dogleg. Hit 3H in the fairway. Another 3H to just short right. Needed to be just short left because of green sloping left. LW pitch to 21 feet. Two putt. Par

#9. Solid Driver down the middle. Fatted an 8i to front of the green. Two putted from about 40 feet. Par.

Note to @iacas I have been trying to torque both knees know. Only been doing it since Saturday. But is working really well on the range (duh). Just need more time in to get committed on the course. Will try to post video of nothing changing. ;-)

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator
On June 28, 2016 at 0:33 AM, cutchemist42 said:

So I've started to realize that GG isnt too accurate at gauging fairway accuracy lately. Is there a simple button or anything to push to say the ball landed on the fairway despite GG not saying so. I dislike having to drag my ball to somewhere else on the course to indicate the fairway hit.

If you have to move it a fair amount, contact GG and alert them. They can adjust where the "lines" are drawn.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/dZcUaR91Bu

Pleased with overall contact. I was happy the slices I was having practicing yesterday didn't show up today except for one hole. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, iacas said:

If you have to move it a fair amount, contact GG and alert them. They can adjust where the "lines" are drawn.

Yeah got a hold of them, and they redid it, only 1 hole on the course was having the problem by a big margin.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1009838

I played pretty solid. I had a few errant tee shots. My miss was a heel pull with no cut to it. My short game hurt me today. I need to keep the speed up on my pitches. My distances wedges are not good. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Not a bad night, 2 bad tee shots, a few bad pitch shots, and some solid putting. Carded a 6 over 41 in league, best score I've ever had in league I think.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1009726

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Not a bad night, 2 bad tee shots, a few bad pitch shots, and some solid putting. Carded a 6 over 41 in league, best score I've ever had in league I think.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1009726

Nice work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1011947

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1012334

Terrible round tonight. It's hard to believe I hit so many GIR. Doesn't matter, my game was in the toilet. My long irons sucked - lots of weak shots, duffs, and even a shank. My short game was as bad as I think it's been all year. Putting had been getting slightly better of late but tonight I couldn't read any of the breaks or judge speed. I think I only sank one putt over 5 ft.

I did finish the round and posted it towards my (pretend) HI even though I knew it would be bad. Mentally, I have to get better at dealing with these types of rounds. It is only a game after all.

Oh well... just have to keep working at it.

Jon

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1010943

I just downloaded the GAME Golf app onto my phone, and today was my first time using it. I don't think I did one thing consistently all day, and on a course with terrain as rugged as my home course, bad shots lead to very uneven lies.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1016637

Best round of the year ever. Really felt yesterday when practicing that I was going to play well today and I certainly did, despite how I started the back 9. I applied what I learned about the course last week, but was just having one of those days where everything seemed to click.

• Upvote 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

Best round of the year ever. Really felt yesterday when practicing that I was going to play well today and I certainly did, despite how I started the back 9. I applied what I learned about the course last week, but was just having one of those days where everything seemed to click.

Looks like you had a two-putt from seven feet for birdie on 17! Nice. Nearly got that eagle achievement. Visually in GG, it appears the putt travelled 9 feet, and left you the two-foot gimme. 

Congrats on the 82! Must feel great.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Looks like you had a two-putt from seven feet for birdie on 17! Nice. Nearly got that eagle achievement. Visually in GG, it appears the putt travelled 9 feet, and left you the two-foot gimme. 

Yea, I want that putt back. I just pushed it and it ended up rolling over my aim point instead of falling in the hole. My pace was pretty good all day, but my lines were just a bit off, so I didn't make anything over 5'.

Looking at it now, I wasn't as meticulous in editing some of the putt distances as I usually am. I did not leave myself with 2' tap-ins on basically every hole.

7 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Congrats on the 82! Must feel great.

Thanks! Felt great. I knew I was 4 over the front, so a good score was coming. I have a round planned for next week, but this round alone is going to drop my handicap 0.9 points.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Nice! Tell Preston!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/1018989

Absolutely terrible day off the tee; average with the irons.  Somehow saved it from being a completely disaster with the short game and putting, which is usually my weakness.

Pretty typical hole for the day:

Capture.JPG

• Low pull hook off the tee with a 4-wood into the rough.
  • Try to muscle a 5-iron out of the rough; mishit it and don't even get close to the green.
  • Lob wedge from the rough, 65 yards out, somehow stick it to about 8 feet.
  • Sink the downhill 8-footer for par.

If you paired my "normal" full-swing game with the short game and putting I had, I would have shot in the 80's.  If you paired my "normal" short game and putting with the full-swing I had, I would have shot a 110.

- John

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/XTjxbvqJNu

Shot three over hitting the ball like crap. Short game was solid except for one hole. Putting was pretty solid. 

I was just focusing on keeping my back swing shorter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!