IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1025238

Played in our second to last league round last night. Shot 38.

One three putt. Had 5 putts inside of 12 feet. 3 were for birdie and 2 for par. Made one for par.

Distance control on the greens were much better minus one hole. Long back swing short follow thru.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/vPF3CzqjPu

Just struggling with contact since I'm trying to focus more on keeping the swing shorter and more umbrella A3 feel. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1029008?hole_id=25518870

In a recent thread, the question was asked which was preferable, a lower score or better ball striking. I said then that I'd rather take the lower score.

Tonight was the round of a million duffs - I think I had maybe half a dozen decent shots. It's just that the bad shots were not that damaging. Most started and stayed straight so I was able to keep the ball in play. The few times I pulled the driver and fairway wood, I had a lot of confidence and hit good shots. It would have been a good night to play back a set of tees.

Anyway, even with the poor irons ball striking, it was still an enjoyable 9 holes of golf.

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1030993

Rained all last night and misty/drizzly all round, so conditions weren't the best. Feet were soaked by the half.

Ballstriking kind of escaped me today. I decided to pull the driver for the mini driver and that was a huge mistake. For some reason, the mini only hits push-fades. When I tried to correct it some, I hit weird pop-up pulls. Only got one good drive all day with it. Back to the driver next round.

Just had a weird tendency to hit pulls today, especially with my 8I. Otherwise most shots were off the toe, which is my typical miss. Only flushed maybe two shots all day. Even straight up topped a couple of shots.

Short game saved my score somewhat. Hit a couple to tap in distance, but most shots were to mid-range putting distance. Bunkers were in terrible condition so I'm just going to ignore the results from them. One bunker I played out of was hardpan and the next one was soup. Rain did a number on them.

I'd say putting was average. Made a few mid-range putts, but lag putts either ended up 3' short or 4' past. Just wasn't feeling it today.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 3.01.20 PM.png

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/101101A/round/1026984

Decent round, should have just hit my five iron off the tee and all those triples on the front would have been better scores.    

For the most part ball striking was good other than the driver,  the good news is that while the driver went right, I was able to find my ball each time, it was just in OOB territory in folks backyards.  They went right but not crazy right.  May take the R9 off of the neutral and add  some draw bias in and see what that does.   One duffed iron shot on a par three but the rest were fairly flush. 

One day I'll get my distances down and pull the right club, that would have helped in a few spots as well. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1039708

Final league night of the year. Shot 36 with 3 birdies and three 3 putt bogies. 

Iron game was carrying over from Saturday. Putting game was not.

Jim Morgan

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1041348

Drives - I kept ending up just behind a tree to not give me a good shot on a few holes. 

Approaches - Really solid if I had a full swing 

Distance Wedges - Garbage

Pitching - Garbage

Putting - Decent

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Meant to post this earlier, but wanted to get the vlog up first.

Not the greatest round but I threw away several shots due to hitting some putts one handed as well as trying to play out of a lie that I should have taken and unplayable for and trying to hit a 3 wood from thicker rough to make up for a short drive.... Yet a 91 isn't all that bad, in the past I would have considered that a good round.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1035223

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

18 Hole Round

9 Hole Round

On the second hole of today's full round, witness the horror of three consecutive tree-clip shots after being asked to play through!

What you don't see on the seventh hole of the nine-hole round: my drive just missed the fairway, but kicked hard left into the trees. I found my ball, but it was unplayable; I was able to drop with a line sideways back to the fairway, but my pitch out went through to the drop-off into the woods on the right side, and I couldn't find it. After replaying the pitch-out from the original location, I was lying five in the fairway; I promptly pushed the approach into the bushes on the left, at which point I said, "screw it."

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1045144

Best 18 hole score of the year (2nd best ever). Best 9 hole score ever. This course has a low rating and slope, but it was still fun to avoid the blow up holes today. 

Got less distance than average as the full swing is in a state of transition. Contact was good and was pulling the correct club for most shots. Poor putting left a few pars off the card - especially short putts. I was happy with my short game.

• Upvote 1

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1052163

Shot one over 73 today. I played this course three weeks ago and shot 78. The difference today was hitting more GIR and getting it closer to the hole. Amazing how much better you putt when you don't give yourself 40 footers all day.

Jim Morgan

Just bought a Game Golf Live using some of my Golfsmith gift cards I won from the Golf Channel Tour.  I looked forward to using it for the first time on my trip to their event at Chambers Bay.  The first day I managed to tag my first drive then forgot the rest of the way.  The second day I made it all the way to the second green before I couldn't remember to tag any more.  It was great fun but I guess my rounds are forever lost for posterity.  (I won the even btw.)

• Administrator
2 hours ago, allenc said:

Just bought a Game Golf Live using some of my Golfsmith gift cards I won from the Golf Channel Tour.  I looked forward to using it for the first time on my trip to their event at Chambers Bay.  The first day I managed to tag my first drive then forgot the rest of the way.  The second day I made it all the way to the second green before I couldn't remember to tag any more.  It was great fun but I guess my rounds are forever lost for posterity.  (I won the even btw.)

Sweet!

You'll get the hang of tagging soon enough.

And add your GG username to your profile, @allenc. Then it'll show up beside your posts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/ERpUSs9Sav

struck the ball OK. My short game showed up surprisingly ?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Except for a few tee shots I really didn't hit the ball well at all. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1060706

Hole 1: Good drive, great pitch, good putt
Hole 2: Bad toe hook, misjudged distance wedge, decent pitch, bad putt
Hole 3: Good drive, horrible distance wedge (thin almost topped), great pitch, good putt
Hole 4: Decent iron, good iron, good lag putt
Hole 5: Great iron strike (misjudged the wind), bad pitch, decent attempt on a tough downhill putt
Hole 6: Bad drive  do to aiming wrong, great iron that flew way too far, bad pitch (tree limb caught my club), really bad pitch, good lag putt
Hole 7: bad drive (toe push cut), really bad punch shot (hit a tree limb), good wedge shot, average putt
Hole 8: bad iron (thin low push cut), poor chip, good lag putt
Hole 9: bad drive (big push slice), bad iron (thinned into bunker), great bunker shot (ball was up against the side lip, above my feet), good lag putt. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1062703

I got out of work early today, so I decided to go play nine holes that I could post with the extra nine I played last Thursday. I mostly didn't have a good short game day, and my 4-wood got me in more trouble off the tee than my driver, but I finished with 48. (That ninth nole was a disaster.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

71 at Pennhills… with a liberty or two taken when we got bad directions on a shot. For example, on #10, we were told drivers were fine by someone who may or may not be the head pro at the course… until we hit our line and went long into the pine trees… ;-)

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1063282

Kind of a goofy course, in some ways. I really liked the greens though. Many were odd and had huge swales, but were super fun to putt and the speed was perfect.

Par 70. Rating is 71.7/136 IIRC.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1064631

A tale of two halves. Struggled with my ballstriking in the first 9, "solved" it on the back for a 38, my first sub-40 half ever. Still need to get better off the tee if I want to consistently shoot lower scores.

I hit a "bunt" driver on 5 that ended up being one of my better drives of the day. Might use this more often. It's a lot better than hitting huge pushes. Or maybe I learn to aim like Trevino and play the push. Not sure yet.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!