IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/IcSNZAU6xv

some really good and some really bad. 

Putting was horrid. The greens were running at about a 7 Stimp. Distance control was bad. 

Distance wedges still need work. Pitching is getting better, but I had some horribly awkward lies. Lots of side angle and ball above my feet lies. 

Long game was pretty solid except for one five iron I chunked pushed and lost the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, I had the day off after the long trip driving the kids back from Texas and thought I'd check the hot deals on golfnow. I found a course I hadn't played that was going for $15 *18.49 with fees* so I grabbed the deal. It was a really nice course, I played the 2nd longest set of tees on the course at 6724 and didn't find the length to be an issue at all, if I play again I may step back to the back tees at just over 7100 because those tees weren't more than 10-20 yards behind me for the most part. Outside of some wedge struggles on the first two holes and a couple of blow up holes I was happy with the round. Especially considering the rating was 72.6/130 and I was able to par the #1 handicap hole and birdie the #2 handicap hole. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1090389

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Slow start today, with only 4 points after 4 holes. Picked up and finsihed front 9 with 15 points. We were playning a front 9 comp, and I was 3 points behind the leader with only the 9th to go. I parred, and he blobbed, resulting in me winning the dosh on count back. Great back 9 and scored 22 points. Total 37 points in the howling wind

Edited by paininthenuts

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Played great today, second nine at least.  46-35 = 81 (par is 37-35).  

It seems like Game Golf wants to put the pin in the middle of the green?  Is there a way to regularly tag the pin other than by only making very short putts?  Seems to cause me to be unsure of what gets listed for both putting and accuracy statistics (but I'm not looking at the pin on most approach shots anyway, so it doesn't matter).  So far, what I've done is after the round, I move the pin to where I remember it being.

Huh, based on this great sampling of two rounds, it says I'm better at driving and approach than a 10 handicap.  Cool.  Single digit here I come!  I just need to practice my short game ;-)

(actually, I putted and chipped pretty well today)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

So far, what I've done is after the round, I move the pin to where I remember it being.

That's what you're supposed to do. Also I like to double check each shot for accuracy; gps can be off sometimes.

Also don't forget to include a link to your round :-)

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Tonight was a night of recovering from bad tee shots. First 2 drives I hit were pushes that didn't draw back, third drive was just plain bad. The next 2 driver and two 3 wood tee shots were good. Had a couple three putts from misreading speed horribly. But, I did have two birdies so that was nice. The double on the last hole was a combination of bad luck from my tee shot, a bad chip from green side, and a 3 putt. So, 5 penalty shots *one water, two OB* and two three putts equals 7 extra strokes that could have easily been avoided. All that said, I had a great time playing tonight knowing that outside of those mistakes I played really solid golf. The hip against the wall thought still works well on the course as long as I focus on it.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1093000

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 hour ago, billchao said:

That's what you're supposed to do. Also I like to double check each shot for accuracy; gps can be off sometimes.

Also don't forget to include a link to your round :-)

Thanks.  There was definitely some fixing I did before signing.  It detected my practice swings from when I realized the first tee was backed up ;-)

It also missed a shot (or possibly I missed).

Anyway, http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1092025

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1094217

This is about as well as I can play right now. I played from the back tees today on an easy course (3109 yds, 69.4/116). One OOB 3w from off fairway. No other penalty strokes and only a couple minor mistakes - which I'll take all day long.

My driver swing continues to result in very weak distances compared to a couple months ago. My overall game has been very inconsistent. But I'll enjoy the good rounds when I can get them.

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1098372

Played a round at Furman University today to get ready for my last amateur event in two weeks.

Fairways and greens for the most part. Didn't make any putts except for par.

Screwed up #13 hit driver into the trees left. Won't do that again. 3W or 3 hybrid next time.

Furman8616.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1096837

I played a lot of hybrids and irons off the tee due to a strategy change on my part. I was operating on a theory that I was better off having a mid or long iron in my hands for the second shot than trying to hit a driver to wedge distance since I'm such a poor driver of the ball. My theory got some support since my worst holes of the day all started with a driver (ok I parred the 18th, but I was lucky to find my ball in the tall fescue and hack it out into the fairway).

Also I learned I can hit both a low cut and draw with my 5i. Adds more options for escaping trouble.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1097104

Played a 90 (ESC 89) at a course I hadn't seen before.  From the tips, under 6000 yards.  Embarrassing that I needed ESC to post a score under 90.  Still, 8 GIR and enough bizarre things to happen in one round to make me think it's a fluke.  Played with mom who shot her personal best today.

Also, the "insights" tab -- I realize it's only 3 rounds so far, but Game Golf says I'm losing strokes putting vs a 25 handicap?  Yikes.  I thought I was a decent putter.  In any case, I have rounds 4 and 5 coming up Friday + Saturday, hopefully #6 on Sunday, all on my home course.  Better sample size coming up!

-- Michael | My swing! 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1102334

A much better round. I was trying hitting different clubs off the tee. I tried to club up at least two clubs more than my full iron shot and hit a 2/3 to 3/4 swings for control. I moved around to different tee boxes to try to make me think about the shot a bit more. Basically I would bounce around tee boxes and just pull a random club from 5 iron to 3-wood. I only pulled the driver 4 times. Two times I just tried to hit a pitch-y type shot for control. 

Outside hole 2 and 3, I struck the ball very well. A thing I tried a bit more was to keep my head a tad more steady. That helped me a lot to not hit my irons slightly fat. My best iron shot was hole 6. 

I also tried to be more creative around the greens. On hole #15 I hit a low 9 iron pitch into the bank in-front of the green. I played around with some different trajectories. 

Short game was good. Putting was really good. I didn't miss 1 putt outside of 5-6 feet. With my putting I tried to be a bit softer in the arms. 

It's been a while since I enjoyed a round like this. It was fun to be a bit more creative on the course. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1102334

A much better round. I was trying hitting different clubs off the tee. I tried to club up at least two clubs more than my full iron shot and hit a 2/3 to 3/4 swings for control. I moved around to different tee boxes to try to make me think about the shot a bit more. Basically I would bounce around tee boxes and just pull a random club from 5 iron to 3-wood. I only pulled the driver 4 times. Two times I just tried to hit a pitch-y type shot for control. 

Outside hole 2 and 3, I struck the ball very well. A thing I tried a bit more was to keep my head a tad more steady. That helped me a lot to not hit my irons slightly fat. My best iron shot was hole 6. 

I also tried to be more creative around the greens. On hole #15 I hit a low 9 iron pitch into the bank in-front of the green. I played around with some different trajectories. 

Short game was good. Putting was really good. I didn't miss 1 putt outside of 5-6 feet. With my putting I tried to be a bit softer in the arms. 

It's been a while since I enjoyed a round like this. It was fun to be a bit more creative on the course. 

Toldja so. Neener neener. ;-)

Now have this attitude when you play, and the right attitude when you practice. Don't confuse the two. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

That's awesome!  Someone as good as you should never NOT be having fun.  :-P  Plus, now you'll be ready for the one-club party on Saturday...

This is fun:

Capture.JPG

The old "4-iron layup, then blast a 3-wood 250 yards" play!  You don't see that one every day!

- John

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/uYsQDpBIJv

Off the tee: A

approach: B- 

Pitching: C+

Putting: F

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Decent night at league tonight. Bad start then brought things back in line.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1108284

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1108684

Played the Walker Course at Clemson yesterday.

Played okay. Chipped in for eagle on #1. Long putts are still an issue. Three 3 putts.

Walker816.JPG

Edited by coachjimsc

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!