IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

71 at The Country Club in Meadville, PA.

@NatalieB has regionals for high school golf there in the fall.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1726656 I shot 71. She played multiple balls and adjusted my course notes (written for men). I got away with a lot of loose shots. Thin, skanky stuff. Short game saved me a number of times, like #10. Heeled a driver, toed a 6I… chip to three feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

68 today in a one-day tournament at our club.  Could have been a lot better too.  Played great on the front (-3) and then got a little loose on the next few holes but finished strong and finished even on the back.  I burnt the edge on a few of my birdie putts and both of the par saves.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ncgolfer101/round/1728868

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

48 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

68 today in a one-day tournament at our club.

I love it. You shoot a 68 and GameGolf tells you it's "not too shabby".

Jon

2 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

I love it. You shoot a 68 and GameGolf tells you it's "not too shabby".

LOL.  I didn't even notice that.  I thought it was a little better than shabby as well.  :-)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/1734552?hole_id=33262594

Played a great course yesterday.  Struggles with some face control and low point in my irons a bit and I continue to struggle with focus on my putts.  I need to work on that.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/1737182

Easy muni course in my town. Rated 69/119, and it's short/open. There were quite a few drives I couldn't have gotten away with on a "typical" course. But overall, I was pleased I could get around the course by mostly getting the ball up near the green in regulation- nice easy swings all day. And my neck isn't limiting my motion at all now, even if still not quite 100%. Definite progress though.

Steady start with routine bogeys for me. No great holes, but nothing disastrous. Then in the middle, I went on a run of 9 holes at +1. Was uneventful, boring golf of putting steady shots together. At then end, a bit of a collapse. 

If I were eyeing my score, I might've had illusions of this being my first sub-80 round, but I wasn't tallying as I went. Just trying to hit each shot using the swing I've been working on with my lessons. Overall- quite happy about how it went.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

An ugly 41

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/jqf0w5vk8E

I'm either hitting snap hooks or push cuts (same miss). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1740465

Played an afternoon round yesterday with some of the boys from work.

I played okay. Shot 75.  10/14 Fairways, 14/18 GIR and 35 putts.

The course was in great shape. The fairways were perfect and the Bermuda rough was well “rough”. Most short game shots were basically bunker shots. The greens had been punched a few weeks earlier and still were not back yet. They were also VERY slow and of course bumpy.

I did something different with my putting yesterday that I had been working on, I looked at the hole on all but a few putts. Three putted the first hole by leaving it 7 feet short. Other than that it was working really well on the short putts inside of 6 feet.

The highlight of the day for me was the performance of my new Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood. Hit it about 20 yards further than my previous TM Rocket "NO Balls" 3 wood. ;-) 

20170727_182955.thumb.jpg.13cd515344c803ed4e2f2c180ecb7316.jpg

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1746302?hole_id=33410110

Holy #@%^ do I suck at this game! This is the third straight round where I've failed to break 100. Oh well... there's always tennis.
7 penalties and 2 more that stayed in play only because of lucky bounces. Contact and distance weren't horrible, but I just couldn't hit my 5w or driver straight. I finally had to start aiming right and closing my club face just to hit fairways. Of course when I did hit GIR's, the 3-putt reared its ugly head.
Irons were better than the last two rounds but still not close to where they'd been before this week. Approach shots were pretty good left and right, but a few chunked shots left me short of the green. I hit 67% from under 100 yards, 33% from beyond.
Not sure what to do as playing from 6,000 has not been a lot of fun. I have to decide whether to enjoy the short course and better scores, or challenge myself to improve on my weaknesses - while throwing hissy fits after multiple penalties. It really isn't much of a choice.
My playing partner is a saint. After the round and with a clear head, I told him I could no longer play alongside anyone. It's just not right to subject others to that ugliness (the frustration not the bad golf). But he talked me down and we'll play again on Sunday... from the shorter tees.

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1747361

I should have gone to the beach this morning with how much sand I was in today. Seriously felt like I was in every bunker and under or behind every tree on the course.

Needless to say I struck the ball like crap. Kind of expected that though because this is the time of year I get busy and can't practice or play as much. I've had bad ballstriking rounds, but bad ballstriking combined with being in tough spots made the day extra adventurous. I think I earned my Wilderness Explorers badge today.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1747361

I should have gone to the beach this morning with how much sand I was in today. Seriously felt like I was in every bunker and under or behind every tree on the course.

Needless to say I struck the ball like crap. Kind of expected that though because this is the time of year I get busy and can't practice or play as much. I've had bad ballstriking rounds, but bad ballstriking combined with being in tough spots made the day extra adventurous. I think I earned my Wilderness Explorers badge today.

Wow a trip down memory lane. That was the first course I played 18 holes on back in 1983.

Sorry about the tough today @billchao. I've been there on that course.

Jim Morgan

22 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Wow a trip down memory lane. That was the first course I played 18 holes on back in 1983.

Cool! If you're ever in the area and need someone to show you all the places on the course normal people don't hit their balls to, look me up :-P

30 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Sorry about the tough today @billchao. I've been there on that course.

Thanks. It happens. I'm due for a good round anytime now...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1748625

Driver was a bit off all day. I think I was aligned a bit right of where I like. I like to be slightly open.

My 6I on the last hole I felt that and adjusted. It's one shot, so a TINY sample size, but I struck it well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1751451

+2 for the 9 hole course, which is tight and has tiny greens. Putted well and was mostly near the green in two, apart from a misjudgement on the tee shot off the 6th. Ironically, it was actually probably my best tee shot of the day, but I started it on the left edge of the fairway, thinking it would fade. It stayed straight and there was a massive drop-off that I had forgotten about, meaning my next shot was hacking out of a bush. First round with my new Epic driver and definitely saw some distance gains - it is still a bit left-to-right-happy though... There's still some good work to be done with my approaches to the green from inside 100 yards and chipping/pitching up the green, but this is a decent round.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1754477

Even par 72, 37-35. 11/14 Fws, 15/18 GIR and 33 putts. No 3 putts.

Other then a brain fart on #17 tee and fat 9 iron on nine, hit the ball pretty well.

Still going with the look at the hole with all putts inside about 20 feet. Speed has been excellent.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1755842

very scrappy 81 (38 + 43) in crazy wind conditions. I struggled with the driver around the start of the back nine when it was at its windiest, but bar the 12th, I'm pretty happy with how I scored, particularly as I don't feel I putted or scrambled particularly well. What I am doing well is getting near the green in 2 meaning double bogeys (for the most part) are now out of the equation. I can't express how tough the wind was, but just came back and thought I'd look up the forecast for fun. Helps explain why I found it so tough to keep my driver from leaking right on the first nine holes! 

weather.png

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ncgolfer101/round/1759293

Felt just as good or better than I did a week or so ago during the tournament.  Especially off the tee...every driver was solid and only two fairways I missed right but both favored that side of the fairway to avoid trouble left.

Hit all but one green and that one was an easy up and down.  Extremely stress free and made a couple birdies.  In the wise words of Lou Brown, it's starting to come together Pepper.

• Like 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, NCGolfer said:

In the wise words of Lou Brown, it's starting to come together Pepper.

Stop posting (scores to GHIN). :-)

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1750492

Even at Nemacolin Woodlands - Mystic Rock. Meh. Hit some good shots, hit some weird ones.

Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!