IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/nmgolf/round/2002613

Liking this Game Golf thing. Got my first 18 hole round in today Shot 70 (-2). Definitely one of the best ball striking rounds I can remember. Only made one bad swing with the irons, it came on #16 and cost me my only bogey on the day. Other than that I never had to hit a chip or pitch shot the whole day. All the greens I missed, I missed just off the surface and could  use the putter. Only negative was I did not hole any putts over a couple feet, all my birdies were 2 putt birdies on par 5s. 

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2021704

I'm not sure where this came from. The course was closed but the manager told me I could play. Took advantage of the nearly snow-free conditions and a bit warmer weather and headed out to play 9.

No flags on any of the greens, only sticks???? Two of the greens were almost completely covered in snow/ice so I added 2 putts to my score on each after getting on the green.

I hit the 3 wood as well as I can possibly hit a club. That was a huge reason for the low score.

3 wood 175 yd par 3

5wood.jpg

6i from 152 yds

6i.jpg.e07c15ae6636789009bb3fb5447f16c5.jpg

Edited by JonMA1
  • Like 1

Jon

22 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Nice round, and Im loving the sticks. One already snapped off though haha

Thanks. It's a first playing this time of the year and the first time breaking 40 in 9.

I'm not sure why the sticks were placed in the hole, but they were frozen in place.

Jon

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2023938

71, par 72, but 70.5/125 rating and slope. Tam O'Shanter in Hermitage, PA. Was low 50s all day, and wet, WET, WET! Balls routinely plugged well into the ground. So, everything was carry, and the greens were stimping at about 5 or 5.5.

@NatalieB played well.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2023938

71, par 72, but 70.5/125 rating and slope. Tam O'Shanter in Hermitage, PA. Was low 50s all day, and wet, WET, WET! Balls routinely plugged well into the ground. So, everything was carry, and the greens were stimping at about 5 or 5.5.

@NatalieB played well.

Is this a normal time-of-year for you to start playing?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

Is this a normal time-of-year for you to start playing?

No. Not without some weird warm days and stuff. We went a little south, which helped. 80 minutes south.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2026765

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2026802

This was the back 9 of the course I shot a 39 on the front last week. I wanted to make sure I could break 90 and almost blew it. I played the same 9 again a 2nd time and played a bit better but still not as good as I should have. This is an easy course. On any other course and there would have been a few penalties. 

It's rare to not get any GIR's in 9 holes. Today I did it twice. I probably hit 6+ greens with shots that would have normally held, but nothing doing when hitting onto ice. But it wasn't all because of the frozen greens. My iron play was just off. Driver was so-so.

However, I'll take 33% scrambling and 1.78 putts as I did the 2nd time through.

Jon

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2029237

Pretty rough round today. Finally played a course with some teeth. But overall, the course isn't this hard.

7 holes with a penalty, 42 putts and a few duffed drives make for a crappy score.

Getting some uncharacteristic distance and that's not helping my scores. I normally hit my 6i 155 or so. I hit a 6i off the tee today to a dog leg of 180 yds. I carried the 180 and hit the trees behind. This with temps in the 40's. WTF???

One of the things that has usually helped against blowup rounds in the past was the ability to control distances (somewhat). I hit over a few greens today as well, although most of my penalties came from missing long and left.

I get the feeling there are going to be a lot rounds like this in 2018.:-\

Jon

On 2/6/2018 at 4:33 PM, NM Golf said:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/nmgolf/round/2002613

Liking this Game Golf thing. Got my first 18 hole round in today Shot 70 (-2). Definitely one of the best ball striking rounds I can remember. Only made one bad swing with the irons, it came on #16 and cost me my only bogey on the day. Other than that I never had to hit a chip or pitch shot the whole day. All the greens I missed, I missed just off the surface and could  use the putter. Only negative was I did not hole any putts over a couple feet, all my birdies were 2 putt birdies on par 5s. 

Your distances are insane.

First round of 2018 yesterday. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2029643

Driving was fantastic. Best overall round for driving that I have ever had. 

New personal record for fairway accuracy on GameGolf. Was pretty windy so affected tee shot distance on some holes.

No penalties or lost balls which was a huge positive for the first time out this year.

Approach shots were leaking out to the right a little, I felt like I was spinning out of the shots instead of staying down and through.

Short game was iffy at best, havent had a place to practice much over the winter so I didnt expect much there.

Putting was ok, greens were awfully slow and bumpy. Had 3 putts lip out so was at least around the hole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

17 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Your distances are insane.

I am a good scramble partner. ;-)

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Decided to play the blue tees at my course today even though it’s 40’s and still plug city nearly everywhere. But, I’m getting tired of playing driver-wedge on every hole. So this gave me some variation. This is also my first round back on game golf since I made some swing changes. Overall, I’m pleased with how I played. I missed a few putts but made some others. I was slow to get going on front, but I felt good on the back. Driver is carrying a good bit and straight, even on misses. Got a eagle on the 9th par 5. No idea how my ball ended up behind the cup but I’ll take it. 

7D6122BD-1DD1-4C0B-8248-67FC47731AD8.thumb.png.d03160ded023aa8afb0cd3adf429b272.png

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Shot an 80 today:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2045191

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2045192

(Course has 3 nines, so that why this posts separately).

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• 2 weeks later...

Played a round yesterday with @jsgolfer and a buddy of his at The Patriot Golf Club at Grand Harbor.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/2070317

Shot 76 first round of the year.  6600 yds par 72, Rating 72.1, Slope 136

Really good course that I had never played before. I'd like to have one tee shot back and one putt. Other than that pretty pleased overall and the back held up so that's a plus.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

11 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

Played a round yesterday with @jsgolfer and a buddy of his at The Patriot Golf Club at Grand Harbor.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/2070317

Shot 76 first round of the year.  6600 yds par 72, Rating 72.1, Slope 136

Really good course that I had never played before. I'd like to have one tee shot back and one putt. Other than that pretty pleased overall and the back held up so that's a plus.

If I could hit it as straight as Jim, I might be a 2 handicap as well.  ;-)

And Jim is correct, the course is really good. Great test of golf.

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Like 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 1004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!