IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/2334932

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/2334931

Rounds from this weekend played with @DaveP043. I haven't played golf in five weeks (hadn't even taken a full swing until just this past Thursday), so naturally like any reasonable person I picked the hardest course I could find and decided to play there to ease my way back into golf.

I hit some really great shots along with some terrible shots as if I had just taken up the game this year and it made for a very interesting weekend. There are some stories to go with some of these shots that are typical of Stoneleigh and the Game Golf rounds don't do it enough justice. Had a blast though and the company was great. Oh, and Dave was there, too ;-)

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/2334881

Going through a swing change and I think part of it has crept in but I don't have much control over it.  Couldn't drive the ball at all today; didn't feel natural.

Score: 101

GIR: 3/18; 17%

FIR: 7/13; 54%

Avg tee shot with drive: 227 yards

Putts: 39; 2.17/hole

Penalty Strokes: 5

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Finally starting to hit the driver more like I was a few months ago. Nice to shoot a "boring" 70 yesterday. Two birdies, one bogey. The bogey was just off the fairway on 11 and couldn't get a gap wedge to the green because the ball was buried in the rough.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2332179

Turned a 68 into a 73 today on the greens. Walked off with three pars on three of the par 5's when I was just off the greens on 2, 4 and 13. Then missed some great birdie chances. Another good driver day, so that's important for tomorrow, Mid-Am qualifier.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2335006

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2334794 and http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2334795

Really solid 74. I was actually struggling a bit with the driver - hitting a lot of pull hooks. Fortunately, it never really got me in much trouble except on one hole. Annoying that I finished +2 with 2 bogeys on par 5s, but oh well. Putted lights out. I think I had one miss inside 10 feet. Pretty cool to finish 3-3-3 on my last 3 holes and go from +4 to +2.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/jimnm/round/2335901

88 is my best score so far. And I still felt that there was quite a bit of room for improvement. I've been happy with my iron play. Golftec lessons have been paying off there. Short game needs practice. I need a putting lesson too (3 putts are killing me!).  And driver needs work. I can sometimes carry 250 yards. The problem is the shanked drive that dives into the rough 100 yards from the tee. This seems to happen 2-3 times a round...

• Upvote 1

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

• Administrator
17 hours ago, mvmac said:

The bogey was just off the fairway on 11 and couldn't get a gap wedge to the green because the ball was buried in the rough.

You need to work out more. You're a wimp.

😄

(To newbies, I'm teasing @mvmac here. He works out. He's not a wimp.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't normally drink but this round certainly made me want to. It was a U.S. Mid-Am qualifier. Round starts at the 10th hole. Course was playing fairly tough, almost 7,000 yards with soft fairways and greens. One round under par (-3) and the playoff was at even.

Hit the ball the best I've hit it in competition since college and putted so bad it's hard to describe. Stats basically say it all. Missed four putts in the 2-2 1/2 foot range, overall had four 3-putts and a 4-putt. And missed a ton of "green light" birdie putts. Then to add insult to injury I end my round by hitting it over the flag on 9, bounces into the water (which is odd because the greens were soft) and miss the 2ft bogey putt.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.18.02 AM.pnghttp://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2336356

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2336602

I haven't recorded any rounds or even kept score for a while, so I decided today would be as good of a day as any. Played from the longer tees as it would require much needed work with the driver.

No surprise on the score... my games is pretty poor right now even by my standards. But I was able to take away some positives to offset some of the countless negatives that cause double-bogey scores.

Jon

14 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2336602

I haven't recorded any rounds or even kept score for a while, so I decided today would be as good of a day as any. Played from the longer tees as it would require much needed work with the driver.

No surprise on the score... my games is pretty poor right now even by my standards. But I was able to take away some positives to offset some of the countless negatives that cause double-bogey scores.

What is your strokes gained/loss breakdown? 

18 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

What is your strokes gained/loss breakdown? 

2035368672_ScreenShot2018-08-14at3_17_03PM.thumb.png.fb7a6e40ea2de1b16a3d77dff19bb25b.png

It's a little deceiving. Short game was bad - no doubt. But some of the chips and pitches were from bad lies caused by poor approaches, even if they were nGIRs. And there were a few putts from right off the green so my putting wasn't great either.

Jon

1 minute ago, JonMA1 said:

2035368672_ScreenShot2018-08-14at3_17_03PM.thumb.png.fb7a6e40ea2de1b16a3d77dff19bb25b.png

It's a little deceiving. Short game was bad - no doubt. But some of the chips and pitches were from bad lies caused by poor approaches, even if they were nGIRs. And there were a few putts from right off the green so my putting wasn't great either.

Ok. How does this compare to your average stats? meaning how does this one round compare to your stats across all of your rounds or at least your more recent 5-10? 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

And there were a few putts from right off the green so my putting wasn't great either.

The answer is somewhere, but I think putts taken from off the green count as short game shots.

You can use your putter to punch out from behind a tree… doesn't make it a putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Ok. How does this compare to your average stats? meaning how does this one round compare to your stats across all of your rounds or at least your more recent 5-10? 

Short game has been a weakness but not what I'd consider "glaring". I work so much on the full swing that I often neglect this part of the game.

Today, I tried to use the sand wedge for shots I normally use my gap wedge for.

Ironically, I've been working on chips every day (with all my irons). But as a drill for key #3.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

The answer is somewhere, but I think putts taken from off the green count as short game shots.

You can use your putter to punch out from behind a tree… doesn't make it a putt.

This is what I was trying to say. A putt from the fringe counts against the short game stats even though it's a putting skill (in my mind anyway).

Jon

27 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Short game has been a weakness but not what I'd consider "glaring". I work so much on the full swing that I often neglect this part of the game.

Today, I tried to use the sand wedge for shots I normally use my gap wedge for.

Ironically, I've been working on chips every day (with all my irons). But as a drill for key #3.

Lol glad you could see where I was going with this. Ok understood, just was thinking that you could probably invest some additional time there and get a quick improvement in scoring. I know the full swing is where the money is at long term, but just thinking you could probably do enough full swing work to maintain your level of play there and invest the rest of your time into the short game for some rapid scoring improvements. I dunno..just brainstorming. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2338929

First time using my new P790 3 iron which was real solid along with driver off the tee. One of my best driving days of the season.

Mid Irons through wedges were dreadful. Only 4/18 greens. Distance control was way off. One of the worst iron days of the season.

I kept finding myself like 105 yds out, which required a partial sand wedge for me which is something I am not very good at.

Scrambling was above average, managed 50% scrambling and only had one 3 putt.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/2345559

Super swampy out there. All carry. Ground was spongy and soft and made it way too easy to chunk it. Greens were really slow, like 7ish slow, which adversely affected both my putting and my short game.

Started the round kind of rough but managed to salvage a halfway decent round out of it. I'm really struggling to hit the ball well out of the rough because I'm so shallow at the bottom. Can't get at the ball without mowing down a whole bunch of tall grass with the club.

Overall kind of a meh round but there are some positives to take from it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!