IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

You sure hit a putter a long way! 2119 feet!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

15 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You sure hit a putter a long way! 2119 feet!

Ugh, I thought I’d fixed that. 

-- Daniel

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/2388723

Practice round. Lots of penalties but somehow managed to shoot my average. Not sure how that happened. To describe the shot zone of my driver as the size of a football field would not be an exaggeration. Some pretty extreme two-way misses.

I played the back 9 first and that's where most of the penalties occurred. Started to at least keep the driver in play on the front. Of course, keeping a drive in play does not guarantee a clear shot to the green... 

78801413_ScreenShot2018-09-17at11_45_07PM.png.fee7ee656e47634fa9893b8a02107911.png

Yeah, fairway bunkers aren't hard enough. Let's put an island, a tree and a boulder in there for good measure.

I can imagine the course designer looking at this bunker and thinking, it's missing something... I've got it! A boulder! It needs a boulder! But wait, a boulder by itself would just look silly. It'll need an island and a tree to go with it.

Funny thing is that I don't think I'd ever noticed it before. Kind of hard to miss it today.

I was pretty happy with the bogey on this hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/2395888

This course isn't in great shape. There are stretches of the fairway that are dirt and random tufts of grass. Greens were receptive, but oddly slow for this course. Bunkers were nice and firm, though, not concrete. They were great to hit out of.

Managed to get the ball in the air with the driver and hybrid, so that's promising. Still hitting a big hook with the driver though it's oddly playable. The 2h off the tee is coming back which is good because I can play some pretty good golf with that club off the tee.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2395631

77 with three 3putts. Just an off day with speed control. Read the greens fine, just left too many 5-6 footers for par when I was GIR but like 30+ feet away.

Really focused on my technique for my bump and runs around the green and that really helped with scrambling as I had a 58% scrambling rate which was +20pp to my average.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/2402700?hole_id=41644009

Escaped work to walk 18 holes today...shot a 90 (44-46) that could have been better if my long game was more consistent.  I had three (!) unplayable lies and a water hazard on the back 9 alone.  I did putt well, and hit some very nice iron shots.

- John

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/2402049

So, I went into this round ready to bag my driver.  I had gone to the range yesterday and was pushing and slicing it and really didn't feel like having to deal with that.  I played with my friend who plays the whites which measure at almost 6270 yards.  So, while warming up I hit a few drives that weren't slicing and the last one I hit fairly well. 

So, as we approached the first tee I said that if I hit it bad that it would be bagged and what happens, bam straight down the middle 260 yards.  So, of course I decide to continue using it slicing it on the 2nd hole, figure I have to keep trying and then proceed to slice it on the 4th hole where I had to take an unplayable lie.  Thinking I knew what I did wrong and not consciously realizing I was choosing to work on it while playing, slicing it on the 6th hole off a sign that otherwise would have gone OB, slicing it again on the 7th hole, and ready to bag it except that the 9th hole had a lot of room on the right and then proceed to slice it again into an unplayable lie.  The 10th hole is a Par 5 and so I decide to try one more time, miss hit it and dribble it left like 20 yards. 

After that instead of taking driver, I used my 3H which goes roughly 215 and proceeded to shoot 6 over the next 6 holes with 3 pars.  However, the 17th hole was a dog right which was about 230 to the turn so I decided to use driver again and hit a low fade which clipped the top of a small tree but went far enough to let me see the flag around the dog.  The final hole is another dog right where I debated using my driver instead of the 3H and of course, the two other guys my friend and I were playing with hit good drives so I decided what could go wrong, pull out the big stick, hit it off the heel, screaming left into yet another unplayable lie and proceeded to put up an 8.  Had I been smart and just used the 3H, I likely would have broken 100. 

**sigh**

I'm so dumb sometimes, haha 

Anyway, here's the stats 

Score: 101

GIR: 4/18

Penalty: 4

Putts: 2.06/hole

Average distance of first putt: 24.4 feet

1 putt - 1

2 putt - 15

3 putt - 2

Pars - 4

Bogeys - 4

DB - 6

Blow up holes - 4

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, cutchemist42 said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/2403685

Coldest round of my life, but cant be picky at the end of the season. Was -7 C (19 F) during the last few holes and I couldnt hold the club anymore. One sandtrap actually had ice in it haha!

Your a brave soul lol. Coldest I have ever played was right at 32F and that was miserable most of the time lol. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2400006 

From last Thursday. 3 birdies including one of the best shots of my life. I was on the left edge of the fairway after my tee shot, had 133 yds slightly uphill to a back right flag. Hit my 50 degree aiming for middle of the green, absolutely flushed it and the ball landed 3 feet left of the hole and spun a foot closer. 2 foot tap in birdie.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2402190

From Saturday. Course was wet so yardages were pretty much all carry. Iron/approach shots were inconsistent, still managed to hole a few decent length putts for par saves. Meh.

18 minutes ago, klineka said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2400006 

From last Thursday. 3 birdies including one of the best shots of my life. I was on the left edge of the fairway after my tee shot, had 133 yds slightly uphill to a back right flag. Hit my 50 degree aiming for middle of the green, absolutely flushed it and the ball landed 3 feet left of the hole and spun a foot closer. 2 foot tap in birdie.

The most impressive part of your round...

Capture.PNG

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

The most impressive part of your round...

Capture.PNG

:doh: Not sure what's going on there, the yardages all look correct on the shot by shot view for that hole.

(Just ignore the severe lack of distance with the tee shot, it was a popped up push slice to the right :whistle:)

image.png

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2401014

Woof. Nearly holed out for eagle on the first hole. Then I spent the rest of the round trying to, and failing to, adjust to losing about 10-15 yards on my irons because of the cold, wet conditions. Just wasn't sharp enough.

-- Daniel

On 9/30/2018 at 11:53 AM, HJJ003 said:

Your a brave soul lol. Coldest I have ever played was right at 32F and that was miserable most of the time lol. 

I was fine with when it hovered around 2* C but no wind. It's the windchill with nothing blocking the hands that got to me. I don't own winter golf gloves either.

New driver swing worked most of the time.  Wonder what I would have scored had I used the swing I've been working with my instructor on.  Just not completely comfortable with it yet.  Think I'll do that tomorrow.  One bad thing was my 3H and 4H swing started off good but couldn't hit it in the back 9 (holes 1-9) which contributed significantly to my scoring over 100.  6 GIRs with 7 penalty strokes - feast or famine. 

Score: 101

GIR: 6/18

Penalty: 7

Putts: 2.11/hole

Average distance of first putt: 27.4 feet

1 putt - 1

2 putt - 14

3 putt - 3

Pars - 5

Bogeys - 4

DB - 5

Blow up holes - 4

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/RFKFREAK/round/2412820

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!