IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shot a 94 at Coronado Golf Course. My first time playing there. I loved it. Very beautiful course. I need to go there more often. $25 for a Friday morning (greens were punched). Played with my GolfTec coach. He now knows I have a glaring issue with pitching/chipping near the greens. And with putting speed.

Also, first time playing my new irons and wedges. I REALLY like them. Still working on understanding my yardages and if any adjustments need to be made for better gapping.

Highlight was a birdie on 16 despite a poor worm burner drive. I hit a nice baby draw 5 iron and drained a 10ft putt.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jimnm/round/2416579

image.png.88e0d403713a1ff5591c2b50e3aa5ba6.png

• Like 1

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mvmac said:

Shot my lowest round, 63, weird thing is I was just missing it well and putter was really solid. Definitely had better ball striking (contact wise) rounds lately.

Out of eight makable birdies putts, inside of around that 7-8ft circle I made six of them. Then made two 25 footers and chipped one in just off the green on 16, almost putted it but changed my mind lol

I got really nervous on 17 tee, never been -8 before and just stuck with the process and managed to birdie 18.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2432567

Very nice! Congrats!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
12 hours ago, mvmac said:

Shot my lowest round, 63, weird thing is I was just missing it well and putter was really solid. Definitely had better ball striking (contact wise) rounds lately.

That's what's funny about golf sometimes. More often than not better ball striking is better golf, but not always. I've certainly had days where I scrape it around a little, but my misses are good and I put together a good number (never a 63 from regular tees… hell, that ties my best from any tees on a par-72… from the forward tees challenge at WW one day).

Good job.

Are you glad you had your GG back to document it? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

Out of eight makable birdies putts, inside of around that 7-8ft circle I made six of them. Then made two 25 footers and chipped one in just off the green on 16, almost putted it but changed my mind lol

I got really nervous on 17 tee, never been -8 before and just stuck with the process and managed to birdie 18.

Unreal - great work @mvmac! That 13-16 stretch was awesome. Nice cut to the handicap? 

Mine was less impressive, but happy with +3 in one of my first rounds for a while (bar a couple of foursomes games last week). Still trying to work the driver out and I'm pulling my irons a little bit, but happy that the short game is getting better:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/2432894 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

6 hours ago, TN94z said:

Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks 👍

4 hours ago, iacas said:

That's what's funny about golf sometimes. More often than not better ball striking is better golf, but not always. I've certainly had days where I scrape it around a little, but my misses are good and I put together a good number

Yep. Like Hogan said, it's not how good your good shots are, it's how bad your bad shots are (or something to that effect).

3 hours ago, b101 said:

Nice cut to the handicap? 

Trending to a +3.2 index now (+4 at my club), at the beginning of the month I was a +2.0, pretty crazy jump. Out of my last ten rounds, eight have been under par, one was even par and one was over par.

I'm saving my winnings for when I have to give four shots back and nobody will want to be my partner lol

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

17 hours ago, mvmac said:

9 under is nuts! Congratulations! 

4 hours ago, iacas said:

That's what's funny about golf sometimes. More often than not better ball striking is better golf

🙂

I am going straight to the practice putting green after work today and everyday the next 3 months for 3 hours so that I can cash in on a sunny day I hit 15 greens..  😋

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I'm saving my winnings for when I have to give four shots back and nobody will want to be my partner lol

Yeah, you're gonna be a very bad partner here now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

Went on a Pinehurst trip this past weekend with a buddy. 

Round 1 - Talamore - Cold and wet conditions made this first round pretty much all carry distances off the tee. Other than that, solid round. We really liked Talamore.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2446074

Round 2 - Dormie Club - I drove the ball really well and left myself in good positions when I did miss the greens. Very solid round

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2446072

Round 3 - Mid South - I drove the ball well again for the most part, and hit multiple approach shots really close just couldn't get a putt to drop from like 4-10 feet. Could have easily been 3-5 shots better with just an average putting day.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2446979

Shot of the trip for me came on the 12th at Mid South, which happened to be the #1 hcp hole. I drove the ball like 5-10 feet into the right pine straw, but was blocked out from most of the green by some trees, had like 170 to the middle of the green. I chose 7 iron and a straight shot from where I was aimed would have put me between the greenside bunkers on the apron of the green. I opened my stance and tried to feel like I was swinging out to in for a cut, and the ball started dead straight then had a really nice 10-15 yd cut to the middle of the green and stopped 8 feet from the pin. Missed the putt of course. Really happy with my execution of the shot, it's not that often I purposefully add curve to shots, and to pull it off gave me a lot of confidence.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

Round 2 - Dormie Club - I drove the ball really well and left myself in good positions when I did miss the greens. Very solid round

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/2446072

Really like Dormie Club. You played the middle tees, or something? Looks like it based on… say… #8.

What'd you think of 14 and 15?

(A good new topic for… here.)

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really like Dormie Club. You played the middle tees, or something? Looks like it based on… say… #8.

They actually have a combo set of the Blue/White tees, where the scorecard indicated which set of tees you played for each hole. I think it was something like 12 holes from the whites and 6 from the blues IIRC

It was 6,300 yds and was rated 71/127 which was perfect for us. My buddy is in the 15-20 handicap range and a bit shorter off the tee than me, so I think the full blues would have been a bit much for him.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 3 weeks later...
2457416_av3fMENx.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Ground was frozen, so I got some really funky distances on some shots. Hit a 7 iron 205. Hit a 4 iron 257. Made a mess of 3 holes, but played really well otherwise. Probably would have been 2-3 shots better if the ground wasn't frozen. It was really difficult to stop the ball on the greens. 

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Shot 86 at Goose Creek in So Cal. A personal best for me.

I have never played there before, but it was a fun course. That and I played with my 2 brothers and an old high school friend, which made it memorable.

Highlight of the round was driving very close to the green on the 14th. I had a new shaft put in to both my driver and 3W and they were working! Also had much improved play with chipping and less than full swings. I have been working on this with my golf coach.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/jimnm/round/2459697

image.png.41482847df24e5801dee11d9b72ebe9c.png

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

• 2 weeks later...
2464544_uA9FSrNC.png

Didn't hit the ball well, yet it was a good enough score on a hard enough course, that my handicap is trending down .3

• 1 month later...

Played my first round of 2019 yesterday. Plus one 37.

Hit the ball okay for the most part. Long putting was good for a change. Working on some different feels that I have been using during my indoor training.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/2493157

It was nice to get out there for the first time since October. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Nice little 69 (-3). All around a very solid round in all areas. If I was forced to point out one weak area I would say mental game. I had two bogeys caused by hitting two really stupid shots. It was not a competition round though so it is what it is, hopefully I would have thought things through better in a tournament.

2496762_WDlGEVe9.png

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

2499531_6kS7p6UN.png

Hit the ball fairly well, but had some trouble with the wind. Mostly posting for that 363 yard drive on 7. 😎

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:
2499531_6kS7p6UN.png

Hit the ball fairly well, but had some trouble with the wind. Mostly posting for that 363 yard drive on 7. 😎

That was very impressive.   207 yard 7 iron, 149 yard sand wedge, 267 3 iron, you sir are a beast!  (in the nicest sense of the word).   I'm jealous that you were playing in December!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!