IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2633565_D7CYP7RB.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Fun round. Really struck the ball well. +5 was about the worst I could have done, given where I was hitting it. Had a lot of good looks at birdie that I didn't convert. Oh well.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check it out: 

2635332_xqpr0zAk.png

I played a bit more aggressive than usual today as I wanted to see how I'd play some holes if I had to be more aggressive in the upcoming match play.  Some went well (13, 14) and some worse (12, 16). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2633262_gPjrxvHx.png

From Saturday. Not too bad since there was 15-20mph winds the entire round and a pretty difficult course. Really struggled judging how much the wind would affect ball flight, multiple times I hit solid approach shots that were just the wrong club.

Need to eliminate the double chips too, my #1 focus needs to be getting the ball onto the green even if it's 20 feet past the hole.

Really happy with my approach shot on the 5th hole, had 205 yds into the wind from the rough. The ball had been jumping out of the rough all day (we started on hole 10) so I figured that would cancel out with the wind, and pured the 5 iron, straight as an arrow, probably one of the best long iron shots I've ever hit.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2638708_t7S1Mpsg.png

This was about as bad as I could have scored based on how solid my driving and irons were.

That was the single best driving round I've ever had, I gained 2 strokes against scratch on my driving, multiple drives over 300 yds, no penalties.  It was really warm and humid so the ball was flying, but I wasnt trying to swing extra hard or doing anything different than usual. Basically no roll too due to all the rain we've had recently.

Hit 11 GIR too which is well above average for me.

Putting was a different story. The greens were extremely slow, probably the slowest I've ever putted on, they were too soft to be mowed. I never got a good feel for the speed and either left putts 5+ feet short or ran them 5+ feet past.

I'm encouraged by the driving and approach play though, my "bad" rounds are getting lower so I'm definitely trending in the right direction. I will be submitting some short game shots to my Evolvr coach as well, I dont have a good feel for the 10-20 yd chip shots and still had a couple double chips.

2639585_i8pUdrjL.png

85 (70/117). Drove the ball really well, and had an awesome day around the greens. Solid putting and iron play led to my best round of the year and one of my best ever!

2638641_R4r5MZKP.png

First round of the Junior Stroke Play championship.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

I got 7 holes in before dark this evening. I was driving the ball good tonight. It was probably the best I've hit the ball off the tee in years, but the bogeys kept coming. The other night, I was basically duffing it off the tee and making pars. I just don't get it.

2648152_HWMu7bJ7.png

- Shane

2648126_p4uTgq96.png

Check it out, best round of the season so far, ties my personal best at this course (two off my personal best anywhere).  Yesterday's 83 was a lower score, but a higher differential. 

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2648171_ME49EJ5K.png

Wedges and putting were solid, I feel so much more confident with my wedges now that I built a chart for my partial swing yardages.

Short game needs more work, but I'm making progress. Narrower stance and standing closer to the ball has really helped with contact, just need to get proper power, especially out of the rough. 

Couple really fat iron shots, still just need to keep working on my main evolvr swing pieces, can't be too disappointed with 6/9 GIR though.

2650280_rzTMct76.png

Conditions were a little humid, but otherwise perfect. First time on the course in three weeks and I played better than I could have expected.

New wedges are great. Need to get a little adjusted to them because they spin the ball more than my old ones. Even spun the ball back on a couple of full swing shots, which is not something I normally do. I'm used to my ball being next to my ball mark on the green with a full wedge shot, not 15' closer to me. Could add a whole other level of depth to my wedge game if I can learn to control the spin.

If I could only learn to hit the stupid driver, I'd be pretty good at this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2649295_2sOxyWc5.png

No warmup, and it turns out that looking at the golf ball during the swing can be a good thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I lost my mind for ten minutes today:  lost focus on #12 approach, hit into a bunker, poorly out, decent pitch back up, three putts.  Then a tee shot O.B. on the par-3 next (bad decision:  again, not thinking).  Only two other really bad full shots all day.  I suck at putting again. 

2650690_VETaxJuD.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

2651816_2W1tWn3e.png

Drove the ball like crap, kept hitting random fat shots and pulling my short irons. So that must mean I need to work on my short game and putting to save strokes 😜

I gotta try this looking at the ball thing @iacas mentioned.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

No excuses for today, I just didn't play great.  

2652522_H2XC9IDP.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

2670806_H8Ku0asG.png

Pretty solid round overall, tried a new putting grip from my Evolvr coach and putted pretty well, gained almost .75 strokes putting compared to a scratch golfer.

Short game was much much better, felt very confident on pretty much every short game shot and only had one double chip and that was when I was in a bunker and misjudged how firm/soft the sand would be.

Also had my new longest drive, 342 yards, leaving me with just a 9 iron left on a 515 yd par 5.

Last night's round. Never have I driven the ball so far/well and scored so poorly. Thank you rock hard fairways, but no thank you rock hard greens. 16 was an ugly, ugly hole.

2665782_u5TMEGAj.png

Tonight's round. It poured right before golf league. It was a stifling evening with humidity. Wedge shots were falling out of the skies like wounded ducks.

2677785_qQarG5KJ.png

- Shane

2679089_dHtxd0a1.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 9.25.26 PM.png

LOL

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I have to face my fourball partner tomorrow and admit to him that, after a poor showing on Sunday in our fourball final, I had one off my best score ever today in a casual round with some mutual friends. :-) 

2679222_TDvl6e7t.png

We played the forward tees (a little under 6000 yards) and I still had four sixes, but still shot an 82 (personal best is still 81).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!