IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I see that you're not a fan of hole #2.

That hole is my nemesis! I always say I have to be 1 under after hole #1 so I can be even after 2. It just doesn't fit my eye, and anything hit on the right side of the fairway (I play a fade) often takes a huge bounce to the right and gets blocked out by the trees. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2716871_SbaRdRHn.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Decent round. Drove the ball well in some spots and got away with some wayward ones. Pull a couple of approach shots that cost me strokes. Putt well today minus the four footer I missed on the first hole. Short game was also decent except on the first pitch which I thinned.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2717593_TVzOLt7i.png

Pretty wide open course let me get away with wayward drives. Except on 10. First drive was pull hook straight OB, second drive I was almost positive would be playable but couldn't be found so I just "picked up". Not unhappy with the score, but I can definitely tell that it would have been way worse on any course that required more accuracy off the tee. All in all though, not horrible for only my 2nd full round on for the year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I deleted my round from last Friday. The links between shots were out of sequence. It was a mess. It seemed ok after I edited it, but when I went back in the next day, it show that I drove the green and then pitted back out to the fairway before my approach shot. It was a mess. 

- Shane

Had a few really bad holes yesterday, my second round in nearly a month (three rounds ago was 7/11).  

Gotta practice more for the club championship coming up.

Accomplishments:  first round with driver average over 210 ... and it was 221. :-)  

SGD better than 10 handicap benchmark.  SGA close to 10 handicap, despite having some very bad shots, including two topped shots off par-3 tees and an approach on a par-4 that missed left by 70 yards.  

2720295_klCGeMYc.png

And I hit the sand twice, while I generally try to avoid the sand! :-( 

On the bright side, I nearly hit #11 in two (short by like one yard, got up and down for a 4) and nearly hit #15 in two (had an awkward stance for my pitch). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Finally broke 40 on this course.

2720497_NaBDHI9S.png

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2722739_b8ezA6Nc.png

Solid round on a course I haven't played before. Good enough for a 18.6 differential. If I only look at my handicap since march (when I had my lesson) I have played to about 17.5! 

Struggled yesterday with the heat and humidity. Got dehydrated even though I drank a lot of fluid including two electrolyte drinks. Last four holes (which were 6 - 9) I had really trouble off the tee.

2723502_Rkdupwao.png

Scott

My Swing Thread

43 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Struggled yesterday with the heat and humidity. Got dehydrated even though I drank a lot of fluid including two electrolyte drinks.

You have to drink extra fluids in anticipation of exerting yourself, so if you know you're going to play and it's going to be hot and humid, you have to increase your intake the day before. Alternatively, you could get into the habit of drinking more water daily.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

You have to drink extra fluids in anticipation of exerting yourself, so if you know you're going to play and it's going to be hot and humid, you have to increase your intake the day before. Alternatively, you could get into the habit of drinking more water daily.

I drink a lot of water and did yesterday. I drink 16 on the way to work. I had 20 ounces after breakfast and drank 16 on the way to the course. I drank two and a half bottles, one electrolyte, for the first 9. Then we had a break of more than an hour for the second league 9 and I had a bottle during the break. Then 2-3 bottles for the second 9. 

It just got ahead of me for some reason yesterday. I am not getting any younger either. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

I drink a lot of water and did yesterday. I drink 16 on the way to work. I had 20 ounces after breakfast and drank 16 on the way to the course. I drank two and a half bottles, one electrolyte, for the first 9. Then we had a break of more than an hour for the second league 9 and I had a bottle during the break. Then 2-3 bottles for the second 9. 

It just got ahead of me for some reason yesterday. I am not getting any younger either. :-P

Try beer. Beer is more hydrating than water 😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

2726214_xqMP4ddg.png

Challenged myself today...played from 6600 yards. Had to pound driver all day, and for the most part hit it really well. However, a few got away from me and had a few stroke and distance penalties...that ballooned the score for sure. I was proud to break 100 playing that far back. I have now broken 100 in 12 straight rounds. The differential was enough to lower my handicap once again when the revision hits on the 15th. 

• Administrator
2727575_0WBMLheW.png

Played Green Meadows with Brad and Richard today. Lost interest briefly on the back nine, but flew a pitch straight into the hole for eagle on five and shot -3 on the front nine, -1 total. It's a tough course on which to score (see the several pitches/chips that inexplicably rolled out, while the 3W I hit on #13 bounced backward two feet).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2725476_VRriQ6kp.png

Finally got a round in with @Carl Spackler. Rough start, decent round, couple of wtf moments along the way. But, was a beautiful day and played a course I never played before. Putting was a bit hit and miss, not used to greens with quite as much slope as these had. All in all, still very happy with the play with so few times out this year and zero trips to the range.

I did not go in and fix the putt lengths or pin placements on this, because I'm lazy not going to lie.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

11 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:
2725476_VRriQ6kp.png

Finally got a round in with @Carl Spackler. Rough start, decent round, couple of wtf moments along the way. But, was a beautiful day and played a course I never played before. Putting was a bit hit and miss, not used to greens with quite as much slope as these had. All in all, still very happy with the play with so few times out this year and zero trips to the range.

I did not go in and fix the putt lengths or pin placements on this, because I'm lazy not going to lie.

So a "practice round" on Madden huh? A bit of course knowledge really helps out there with those hills.

What did you think of the course?

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

So a "practice round" on Madden huh? A bit of course knowledge really helps out there with those hills.

What did you think of the course?

I liked it, it was a pretty nice course.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2727841_YlCVcXtp.png

2727843_HehjrMIf.png

I traveled and played golf with @DaveP043, his wife, and @jsgolfer. Great weekend with good company. Unfortunately, I must have left my game at home. Just a brutal weekend of golf for me. At various points I lost the ability to hit basic shots and didn't even feel right standing over the ball. I haven't had the time to practice much lately but failing this poorly was unexpected. Guess I'll have to practice more.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

28 minutes ago, billchao said:
2727841_YlCVcXtp.png

2727843_HehjrMIf.png

I traveled and played golf with @DaveP043, his wife, and @jsgolfer. Great weekend with good company. Unfortunately, I must have left my game at home. Just a brutal weekend of golf for me. At various points I lost the ability to hit basic shots and didn't even feel right standing over the ball. I haven't had the time to practice much lately but failing this poorly was unexpected. Guess I'll have to practice more.

If I remember right, I played Stoneleigh when I went out there. It was a beautiful course. Wouldn't mind playing it in not snow, preferably with temps not so cold my ball cracks haha.

• Like 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!