IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

This course was also very soft and muddy in spots. I had to take relief from casual water once because I felt like I was standing on a sponge. Not as windy as yesterday, but it was still a factor.

Wheels fell off the cart at the end. Shame, I was playing well, too. Though to be fair, I made more than my share of putts today and got quite a few greenside shots close, so I guess it balances out. I should actually feel better about how I scored today because this is a tougher course, but playing poorly down the stretch always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Losing three balls in the last five holes will do that to me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
6 hours ago, billchao said:

I had to take relief from casual water once because I felt like I was standing on a sponge.

What's "casual water"? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Guest smd

Casual water is a puddle or soggy land caused by rain, but not a normal water trap. It's not part of the plan. It's just accidentally there.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

What's "casual water"? 🙂

Old habit. I also hit a shot out of a penalty area and told my playing partner that I was going to play it from from the hazard.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, billchao said:

Old habit.

I know. Just teasing you. 🙂

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
facebook-share-round.jpg

What a weird round of golf. It was warm and windy and the course was in great shape, played firm. Hit the ball solidly when it wasn't buried in fescue, just had no control over what direction it was going. The ball would fade, the ball would draw, I could push it or pull it. The wind didn't help.

Weird putting day, too. Had distance control issues on some lag putts, but also holed two long ones (60' and 35').

Short game was ok. Hit some shots in tight, left some long first putts, too. Didn't have a second greenside shot on any attempt other than the one I hacked out of fescue into a tree. Fixed my contact issue with the partial wedges. Also faced a 60 yard bunker shot for probably the first time ever. I hit it 80 yards, which would have been fine if it didn't bounce off the back of the green and roll into the lake. At least I was able to fish it out.

And I was able to fish my ball out of the same lake on the next hole when I pushed my tee shot and it took a bad bounce just in it. Weird f***ing day.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
facebook-share-round.jpg

This round doesn't appear on my my-rounds page, but I can get to it via the URL.

Who the hell knows what's going on with GAME GOLF anymore. I sent them an email, but that'll probably be ignored, just like my previous email.

facebook-share-round.jpg

Score: 100

GIR: 3./18 - 17%

FIR: 11/14 - 79%

Penalties: 4

This was a fun, yet frustrating round.  My tee shots were on point, I hit all the fairways on the back, and 7 of my 9 drives were of 260 yards or more.  However, I couldn't hit a wedge to save my life.  5 times the ball seemed to roll off the club and spray to the right leading to multiple penalty strokes.  That led to me questioning my full swing and on the short par 5 14th hole, mishitting my tee shot with a hybrid, pulling another hybrid left into the trees, chipping out, striking a 7 iron with no confidence and putting it into the drink, and following that with a PW into the same pond.  Put up a 10. 

From the middle of last year into the beginning of this year I've always had at least 1 wedge shot that sprays off the club.  Not sure why but yesterday it really impacted me and was the impediment to my putting up (for me) a good score.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

facebook-share-round.jpg

Course was wet from the torrential downpour we had yesterday, but was otherwise in great condition. It was slightly breezy with gusts at times but not a day I would consider windy.

Driver was more miss than hit today, but I hit a couple of good 3w shots off the tee. Long game just wasn't that good in general. Short game is getting back to being a strength for me. Only had one pitch I flew a little too long roll off the green and hit every green with a partial wedge shot. I seem to have my chunking issue with those sorted out. Putting wasn't that good today, though I made a 12' and a 40' putt. My speed was off from the greens being slow for the past three weeks and today the speed was what they normally are.

Bill

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

Shot a 93 today at Firestone Farms with @billchao, @iacas, @klineka, @Divot Master, @CarlSpackler, @Braivo.  Course was really backed up so a 5-hour (!) round...which never helps.

Driver good overall, putting good overall, short game meh...and just a few bad shots that cost me strokes.

• Upvote 1

- John

1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:
facebook-share-round.jpg

Shot a 93 today at Firestone Farms with @billchao, @iacas, @klineka, @Divot Master, @CarlSpackler, @Braivo.  Course was really backed up so a 5-hour (!) round...which never helps.

Driver good overall, putting good overall, short game meh...and just a few bad shots that cost me strokes.

That's a pretty notorious sevensome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That's a pretty notorious sevensome.

And yet we had no difficulty in keeping up with the bachelor party eightsome in front of us.

• Like 1

Marshall

2 hours ago, Hardspoon said:
facebook-share-round.jpg

I shot 93 as well. The 7 on the par 3 15 certainly didn't help, but the par on the awkward (to say the least) was the highlight of the day for me. Putting and short game was horrendous.

facebook-share-round.jpg

• Like 1

- Shane

facebook-share-round.jpg

93 seems to be the number of the day. I lost five balls... and some shots were hit from places I didn't deserve to find my ball.

Putt poorly and short game wasn't good, but also had some really good shots. Flighted PW worked really well for me today.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

27 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I shot 93 as well. The 7 on the par 3 15 certainly didn't help, but the par on the awkward (to say the least) was the highlight of the day for me. Putting and short game was horrendous.

Assuming you meant your par on the 17th...we were "mirrored".  ;)  I par'd the 15th, and had my meltdown (fortunately just a 6) on the 17th.

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

• Administrator
facebook-share-round.jpg

Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!