Some very chatty people recently and hate overhearing people talking swing thoughts, so put on earbuds the other day. Don't do this often and the muted effect of not hearing your strike in full is weird. Is this something you get used to? I'm using something similar to Apple's AirPods.
I have a lot more time to practice golf.
Golf courses are more crowded.
Grocery shopping feels like a chore now, used to be something I looked forward to.
My kids are going crazy not being able to play with other kids.
School is all distance learning for the foreseeable future.
I work from home 90% of the time now, which has indirectly caused some weight gain because I am a bike commuter, so my weekly mileage has been reduced.
People are wearing masks and social distancing, at least in my area.
What is different? ...
- The busy season for my particular line of work got stretched out. Made for a lot less of a crunch. We probably did a little more business than we would have otherwise, but not as much as I had hoped. So, for me, the money situation is ok.
- It closed my home golf courses (although that probably was going to happen eventually anyway) and relocated me to a new place.
- Because of the flood of people on fewer golf courses, I have not been able to play nearly as much and my game is suffering for it.
- Many years, a group of my family and friends will get together for a week's vacation in the Outer Banks. This didn't happen this year.
- Any sort of real aspiration to get back in the gym went out the window with the closures first and now the mask mandates. Just can't see myself working out in a mask or maybe that's just an excuse.
- Even after all these months, I constantly have to walk back to the car to get my mask because I always forget it.
- The breathlessly dire quality to our newscasts is somewhat depressing.