IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1853027

Played from the back tees yesterday (NPC prep). Shot +1 for 12 holes. 2 birdies, 3 bogies.

It was fun playing form a different set of tees than we normally play. The course looks and plays very different. 

Driving: A-

Approach: B-  Greens are rock hard. Hit a nice 5 iron and 4 hybird that didn't hold.

Short game: B

Putting: A-  Made a few outside of 8 feet. 2 for birdie, 1 for par.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1857681

I'm not really sure how to summarize this round. Ballstriking was inconsistent. At times I would stripe it, then I would hit a massive toe shot or just straight up chunk it. Penalty trouble. Short game is atrocious. Greens were aerated on Tuesday.

I struggled with hooks off the tee until I sorted it out on the 6th hole, then the driver became a weapon (sort of). Hit one OB on 12 and got a bad bounce into the hazard on 14, but driving was definitely a strength today.

Irons are still overdrawing - starting on my intended line and then curving too much. Finally managed to hit a straight shot on the 16th, where I lined up to play the draw and ended up hitting it on a string straight into the right bunker. That's golf for ya.

The rest of the game, not so great. Greens were slow and rolled like crap, still I managed to make two medium length putts for birdie. My short game is bad bad. Really, really, bad. Didn't get the ball on the green after a pitch on a number of holes and most holes I didn't leave myself close enough to have a good chance at making the putt.

And before @Hardspoon gives me crap about how I managed to hit a GW 50 yards right of the green on the 9th, I hit a small tree I expected to clear and it deflected the ball off to the right :-P

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, billchao said:

And before @Hardspoon gives me crap about how I managed to hit a GW 50 yards right of the green on the 9th, I hit a small tree I expected to clear and it deflected the ball off to the right :-P

Yeah, yeah, sure you did... ;-)

- John

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1858113

86 at my home course.  40 first nine, including a chip-in birdie on #9.  46 second nine, including three doubles (#s 13, 14, and 17).  

Lost 3.12 off tee, 4.94 on approach, 0.7 on short game (!!!), and 4.94 on putting.

Thoughts:  two really bad tee shots, plus a weakling.  Hole #1, pulled into a tree, hole #14, a hook into some trees.  Glad to have not lost a ball on either.  Hole 2, just hit a weak drive.  Other than that, I think my drives were pretty good.  Only other meh one was a slice that came out of nowhere on #18, and then I followed it up with a stupid shot that could have gone into the driving range.  

First round with new irons, hit 5 GIR and 5 near-GIR.  Had three holes where my birdie attempt came with a full swing shot (but within 100;  two were full flight gap wedges) that hit the green, so that had to have helped my short game stat.  Putting was unimpressive and I missed enough short ones that my two really good 2-putts (#2, #3) don't really make up for it. 

Still, a round where I didn't really feel in control at any point and I played to my handicap.  That's pretty good!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/1859679?hole_id=34840967

Short and mid iron approaches were pretty good. Pitches, chips were fine. I just had a rough time controlling the driver until the 13th today. Also had issues topping some 5i and 4i shots though I did hit a couple nice 4i shots. Putting was pretty poor today.

I'm getting acceptable distance from my driver since having the shaft shortened and contact seems better. Unfortunately, controlling the club face continues to be a challenge.

Excessive penalties have been the theme for 2017. Lowering my handicap from longer courses will be next to impossible if I don't improve this part of my game.

Jon

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1856588

Driving was excellent, gained .87 strokes off the tee. 

Had multiple doubles but still managed to score a 79. 67% GIR helped with that. 

Greens were super slow and length of the grass on the greens was ridiculously long. Took me a long time to get used to that. 

Had my first eagle of the year on hole #15, Driver 280ish, 3 wood 230 ish pin high about 30 feet left of flag, sunk the left to right breaking putt for the eagle.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1864994

Played a round with @nevets88. Crazy windy. Forgot to factor the wind in on some shots and at least one of them really cost me.

Nice course overall. Very scenic and hilly, the greens rolled fast and true. There were some blind shots were annoying, including on 13 where they aerated the fairway and left all the soil plugs just sit there, and they were doing some reconstruction on 17 and we teed off from the fairway, but other than that a good experience.

Weird round scoring-wise. I think I managed to lose a ball on almost every hole. Lots of tough lies but that's expected when I can't keep the ball in the fairway. Short game wasn't that bad actually considering where I had to hit from a lot of the time. Partial wedge distance was off due to the lies and elevation changes I think. Made a bunch of medium length putts I really had no business making.

Keep hitting the ball OB and then striping the re-tee. Gotta work on my mental game ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Avalanche/round/1865398

Had a decent nine going--for a bogey golfer, that is.  Then the wheels fell off the wagon at around hole #5.  Suffered an avalanche of strokes on hole 7.  (Hence the username.)  Game is still a work in progress.  And probly always will be.  :-)

btw, I missed all of August with a pulled hamstring.  Been playing some in Sept.  

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1866253

New personal best of 74! Driving was excellent off the tee, consistently 250-270 except for 2 or 3 holes

By far the best part was the 15/18 GIR. and the other 3 were nGIR. Really starting to see the consistency of ball striking improve as a result of my evolvr lessons. 

Even though I had 15 GIR, most of them were 20+ feet away, a few were like 50+ feet away so didnt have that many realistic birdie opportunities, which kind of explains the 36 putts for the round. That is the highest that I have been since using GameGolf, but also my lowest score and highest GIR ever.

Just goes to prove how important GIR really is, even with 36 putts I was able to shoot a new career best by having 5+ additional GIRs compared to what I usually get.

Based on the strokes gained categories, this round I gained 1 stroke on tee shots and 4 strokes on approach shots compared to all of my previous game golf rounds. Short game and putting strokes gained were about where they have been for previous rounds. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Nice round!! Is that a 54 hole facility??? Looks huge.

Always amazed by your length off the tee? With distance like that, Im just wondering what makes you not a scratch player?? You seem very talented!!

Edited by cutchemist42

2 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Always amazed by your length off the tee? With distance like that, Im just wondering what makes you not a scratch player?? You seem very talented!!

I am working towards that as a goal. Mostly it's not practicing correctly, poor short game, and dedication. Not many people realize how difficult it is to maintain a low handicap. Some are more gifted than others, but it takes work. Sometimes I feel burned out in the process and I'll not play or practice for a while. 

The length has always been there. I carry the ball 285-295. That course has very firm fairways with dense grass. I was getting 20-40 yards of roll depending on the hole. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Not as good ball striking evening as the other round. Driver was of, irons were serviceable, short game and putting were pretty good. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/saevel25/round/1881975

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/1880776?shot_id=114729794&hole_id=35109284

Can you tell which way the wind was blowing? (Hint: I dont usually carry a 7iron 200 yards)  I actually thought I judged the crosswind decently well on 2 of the par3s. 

Just loving the results of my driver after I took a lesson.

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1883025

35 at Whispering Woods from the Black tees.

Very wet.

There's a shot on #9 that I intend to write about, though…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1884627

Shot a 75 yesterday at a new course for me.

Kept it in play and pretty much always had either nGIR or GIR.

Chipped in from just short of the green on hole #4, used a PW and hit a bump and run shot that started out to the right of the flag and had the perfect pace and just dropped in.

Need to work on short game inside of 100 yards. Only got 33% of those on the green (my average is 50%) compared to 57% from 101-150, and 50% from 150+. I have been spending a significant amount of time with my mid irons and hybrid/driver at the range, just need to focus on making sure I get that approach shot somewhere on the green especially inside of 60 yards. 

Shot a 78

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/DS3sFmM3eH 

struggled off the tee a bit. I had to hit a few punch shots. 

When I had a normal iron shot I hit a good number of greens. 67%

putting was a struggle because the greens were really slow due to being aerated last week. 

I still need to be more consistent on finding a feel/visualization that makes the driver consistent. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1888160

71 on a par 71 (73.x rated, IIRC, though). Some very narrow holes on the back nine in particular, and 7000 yards at a par 70. Wet conditions (not instant plug, but not a lot of bounce/roll) didn't help. I made a lot of good distance putts, because I really wasn't striking the ball well on the front nine until I reminded myself of my "piece" a little bit.

I was more interested in what @NatalieB was doing. She had other people's clubs in advance of her PING fitting tomorrow,  and so she had a lot of longer (and often quite a bit heavier) clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!