mvmac

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

1,164 posts / 94016 viewsLast Reply

It was a tale of two nines.

I should preface that working in the 4-6 rep range for squats, OHP, and deadlifts at the gym this morning and then working on my swing might not have been the best things to do before playing 18 holes but 🤷‍♂️.

So it rained lightly for most of the round and on the front 9 I had 2 pars, 4 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys, 10 over, shooting a 45.  Swing felt in control, didn't lose any balls and generally felt really good about my golf game for the first time this season and this was my third round. 

Then I think I started getting tired, my back started to tighten up and I really couldn't make swings the way I had been able to on the front 9.  My best hole was a bogey on a par 3 and I picked up 4 penalty strokes on the back.  My putting still feels like the best part of my game so far this year.  I'm not really draining putts but I'm leaving them real close to the hole my speed is good.  Also had a couple bunker shots I got out in one try so feeling more confident on that.  So, not the best but here is what I did for the round:

Score: 108

GIR: 2/18 

FIR: 1/13 

Putts 33

Putts/Hole: 1.83

I'm excited that my swing helped me get a good score (for me) on the front and I think if I play without putting that much stress on my back that on the second nine I'll be better.  Probably won't play for a couple of weeks so, we'll see. 

2571973_5HnRHh9t.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/6wyDs4tfnW

I didn’t score well, but I like how things progressed with trying to get the new swing feels to play. It was a bit of an up and down affair. I’ll need to work on my driver next. 

2578744_9sOznbVn.png

Meh round today, course was soaked and dealt with some rain throughout the round.

The good:

Driving was very solid except for one hole, and I was almost dead equal to a scratch golfer based on strokes gained, and that was with 0 roll.

The bad:

Chunked some chips, left myself with multiple back to back chips instead of just getting onto the green somewhere

Hit terrible 6 and 7 irons into 2 par 5s on the back 9 that put me in really bad positions that resulted in 7s.

Worst part of the game was putting though, was so hesitant on long putts and couldn't get a feel for the green speeds.

2580853_pVFl5Ypp.png

Hit the ball pretty well today considering EVERYTHING was soaking wet. I normally don't hit the ball very well in these conditions (see also: hybrid on #3), because I hate it when mud splatters up from a divot, but I hit it pretty well today.

2578861_6DJSMMNI.png

Played in my third tournament of the year this past Saturday.

Shot 34-38 =72. 3 birdies, 3 bogies. Hit 14 GIR, 10 FW's and 32 putts. 

Came in second place. Got beat by one shot with handicap. The three putt on #3 got me. Other than that putted pretty well. Won a couple of skins and a CTP.

2589557_bVRACpDB.png

and

2589558_Elr4Iirf.png

About the worst score I could have had, given how I was hitting the ball. Need to clean up some stuff in my short game. Specifically, working with my 60 degree wedge more around the green. I default to my 54 too often, because I haven't worked on feeling out my 60 degree enough. Today, I had a couple of shots that really called for a 60 degree wedge that I either incorrectly went to the 54 on or didn't do well enough with the 60 degree.

This is about as ugly as it gets. The only par was from a missed 4' birdie putt. 🤮

2591345_15AyDr7s.png

2592653_HB5QB9rK.png

Hit a second ball off the first tee and counted that, then everything after that was good. VERY windy (out of the west) today, hence some of the shots on 1, the hybrid I hit on 3 (thinned the driver), and the 3W off the tee on 5.

SG:Putting was 2.51. The bad direction. 🙂 I one-putted… twice. Once was from two feet. Though, I did gain 0.07 SG:OTT and 0.87 SG:ATG… and 5.55 SG:APP. 😄

2594934_3t23rYbo.png

Hit the ball pretty solidly for the most part, though I thinned all my full and flighted wedges for some reason. Less toed shots, a few more heeled (even just hitting one heeled shot is more than usual, so moving in the right direction).

Short game wasn't great, even had a double hit on a pitch on 7 (no penalty, thanks 2019 RoG!). A couple of times I rolled the hands over instead of leading with the left hand on chips which leads to poor results. Made the adjustment by the 5th hole and it got better.

Putting was good. Started the day by draining an 8 footer, followed up by missing a 4 footer, but no three-putts.

2598033_583lIENl.png

Struck the ball solidly for the most part but struggled with command, like it just wasn't going in the direction I intended to. Took me five holes just to get used to hitting a fade and even longer to realize that my miss was a push-fade, so basically I didn't aim left enough all day.

Short game is still in the transitional phase. Contact was better, but still getting used to hitting with a square face and had some distance control issues. Putting is quietly becoming a strength, or at least no longer a weakness. I don't want to say I'm a good putter, but even mediocre is an improvement over where I was last year.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2598799?v=27f1fb0 and http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2598800

Started off really well, and then came crashing down to earth. I ran out of energy a bit on the back 9, which didn't help. Again, another round where I feel like I couldn't have scored any worse that I did given my long game. It's becoming a theme...