IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was a tale of two nines.

I should preface that working in the 4-6 rep range for squats, OHP, and deadlifts at the gym this morning and then working on my swing might not have been the best things to do before playing 18 holes but 🤷‍♂️.

So it rained lightly for most of the round and on the front 9 I had 2 pars, 4 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys, 10 over, shooting a 45.  Swing felt in control, didn't lose any balls and generally felt really good about my golf game for the first time this season and this was my third round. 

Then I think I started getting tired, my back started to tighten up and I really couldn't make swings the way I had been able to on the front 9.  My best hole was a bogey on a par 3 and I picked up 4 penalty strokes on the back.  My putting still feels like the best part of my game so far this year.  I'm not really draining putts but I'm leaving them real close to the hole my speed is good.  Also had a couple bunker shots I got out in one try so feeling more confident on that.  So, not the best but here is what I did for the round:

Score: 108

GIR: 2/18 

FIR: 1/13 

Putts 33

Putts/Hole: 1.83

I'm excited that my swing helped me get a good score (for me) on the front and I think if I play without putting that much stress on my back that on the second nine I'll be better.  Probably won't play for a couple of weeks so, we'll see. 

2571973_5HnRHh9t.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/6wyDs4tfnW

I didn’t score well, but I like how things progressed with trying to get the new swing feels to play. It was a bit of an up and down affair. I’ll need to work on my driver next. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2578744_9sOznbVn.png

Meh round today, course was soaked and dealt with some rain throughout the round.

The good:

Driving was very solid except for one hole, and I was almost dead equal to a scratch golfer based on strokes gained, and that was with 0 roll.

The bad:

Chunked some chips, left myself with multiple back to back chips instead of just getting onto the green somewhere

Hit terrible 6 and 7 irons into 2 par 5s on the back 9 that put me in really bad positions that resulted in 7s.

Worst part of the game was putting though, was so hesitant on long putts and couldn't get a feel for the green speeds.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
2580853_pVFl5Ypp.png

Hit the ball pretty well today considering EVERYTHING was soaking wet. I normally don't hit the ball very well in these conditions (see also: hybrid on #3), because I hate it when mud splatters up from a divot, but I hit it pretty well today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2578861_6DJSMMNI.png

Played in my third tournament of the year this past Saturday.

Shot 34-38 =72. 3 birdies, 3 bogies. Hit 14 GIR, 10 FW's and 32 putts. 

Came in second place. Got beat by one shot with handicap. The three putt on #3 got me. Other than that putted pretty well. Won a couple of skins and a CTP.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

2589557_bVRACpDB.png

and

2589558_Elr4Iirf.png

About the worst score I could have had, given how I was hitting the ball. Need to clean up some stuff in my short game. Specifically, working with my 60 degree wedge more around the green. I default to my 54 too often, because I haven't worked on feeling out my 60 degree enough. Today, I had a couple of shots that really called for a 60 degree wedge that I either incorrectly went to the 54 on or didn't do well enough with the 60 degree.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
2592653_HB5QB9rK.png

Hit a second ball off the first tee and counted that, then everything after that was good. VERY windy (out of the west) today, hence some of the shots on 1, the hybrid I hit on 3 (thinned the driver), and the 3W off the tee on 5.

SG:Putting was 2.51. The bad direction. 🙂 I one-putted… twice. Once was from two feet. Though, I did gain 0.07 SG:OTT and 0.87 SG:ATG… and 5.55 SG:APP. 😄

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2594934_3t23rYbo.png

Hit the ball pretty solidly for the most part, though I thinned all my full and flighted wedges for some reason. Less toed shots, a few more heeled (even just hitting one heeled shot is more than usual, so moving in the right direction).

Short game wasn't great, even had a double hit on a pitch on 7 (no penalty, thanks 2019 RoG!). A couple of times I rolled the hands over instead of leading with the left hand on chips which leads to poor results. Made the adjustment by the 5th hole and it got better.

Putting was good. Started the day by draining an 8 footer, followed up by missing a 4 footer, but no three-putts.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Today at my home course.  

2596921_mDbZB2oD.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2598033_583lIENl.png

Struck the ball solidly for the most part but struggled with command, like it just wasn't going in the direction I intended to. Took me five holes just to get used to hitting a fade and even longer to realize that my miss was a push-fade, so basically I didn't aim left enough all day.

Short game is still in the transitional phase. Contact was better, but still getting used to hitting with a square face and had some distance control issues. Putting is quietly becoming a strength, or at least no longer a weakness. I don't want to say I'm a good putter, but even mediocre is an improvement over where I was last year.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2598799?v=27f1fb0 and http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DeadManUofM/round/2598800

Started off really well, and then came crashing down to earth. I ran out of energy a bit on the back 9, which didn't help. Again, another round where I feel like I couldn't have scored any worse that I did given my long game. It's becoming a theme...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2606008_6xS7cfNX.png

Didn't practice much this week and it showed. Started the round poorly, my socks were wet by the 2nd hole, and I was completely aggravated. The rest of the round I hit great shots and I hit awful shots; it was a complete roller coaster. I keep hitting my partial wedges thin which is really obnoxious. They were a strength during the second half of last season and now I dread being inside 120. Short game was actually good save for one or two shots. Putting was good.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2606663_nfuKs3NG.png

Good round today.  I had my best look ever at an eagle, after a great drive and a great 4-iron approach:

image.png

It was a pretty good putt, too...just slid a few inches to the right of the hole.

I'll get one someday!

- John

2606596_VQli7ltw.png

We played fourball;  took 19 holes to finish.  I deleted the 19th, should I have kept it in the round?  I wasn't sure how it would affect things.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Played a really fun round this morning - we were the second group off the tee and finished by 9:30.

2609090_kcym7Ohu.png

I actually hit the ball better than the score (98) would indicate...I hit 5 GIR, and a few more nGIR, but my short game was simply horrific.  The course also has a very tough set of fast (relative to what I'm used to) and undulating greens, so putting was really tough.

- John

3 GIR, 8 near-GIR, four greens hit (not for GIR) from a half swing out.  Shot an 87 (ESC 86), driving it better today.  

2609938_3jn1rGEt.png

-- Michael | My swing! 

2611031_TmaheAbP.png

Practice round for a tournament on Sunday. Definitely was a tale of 2 nines. Started on the back, focus wasn't where it needed to be, wasn't remembering my swing thought, was just going up and hitting, ball striking wasn't great on that nine, just didn't hit many quality shots and hit awful chips/pitches on 12 and 13 that lead to doubles. 

Struck the ball much better on the front nine, and it showed, as I parred the last 4 holes. 

Speed control on the greens was solid, much better than it has been lately. 

Glad I played the practice round, the course is very narrow and in some places, the rough/fescue is knee high just 5 yards off the fairway.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!