IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2761069_jBEXFd0i.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Played Rock Spring Golf Club with @nevets88. Course was in decent shape, albeit a little soggy from last night's rain. Seth Raynor was the architect of the course, though I'm not well versed enough in golf architecture to really be able to pick out any details. All I know is it has a nice layout with some very interesting holes and green complexes. 

I played kind of meh. Nothing really to write about.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, billchao said:
2761069_jBEXFd0i.png

Played Rock Spring Golf Club with @nevets88. Course was in decent shape, albeit a little soggy from last night's rain. Seth Raynor was the architect of the course, though I'm not well versed enough in golf architecture to really be able to pick out any details. All I know is it has a nice layout with some very interesting holes and green complexes. 

I played kind of meh. Nothing really to write about.

Your enjoyment of the courses may be increased if you do learn a little bit about them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your enjoyment of the courses may be increased if you do learn a little bit about them.

That thought did cross my mind and I enjoyed the course a lot from an architectural point of view already.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Just now, billchao said:

That thought did cross my mind and I enjoyed the course a lot from an architectural point of view already.

Rock Spring Club (NJ)

From GCA.

7-short-of-bunker-close.jpg

A look at Coore & Crenshaw's favorite par-5 design

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2762103_PZAwPkMi.png

Putted great, hit driver well, struggled a lot with my 3 wood. Should have just kept pounding driver. Handicap is once again at an all time low!

• Administrator
2764169_fqSGo7mj.png

Had a chance to play the Field Club yesterday. Couldn't squeeze out a win against my kid and my partner's kid in a high-low-total Nassau.

Then again, as a +1 playing with a 9, and against a pair of 1.4/2.5 handicappers… we probably didn't have much of a chance playing them without strokes. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2763211_FwvdluLE.png

First time playing 18 holes this year.  Pretty rough, but had some fun.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

If you click on the Game Golf round included by the icon to the left, it's not something I posted. I have no idea where it came from. LOL  I'd love to claim it was me, but alas...

I couldn't get the Game Golf site to work properly on my phone. When I arrived at the course and turned on the app, it never gave me the screens to select the course. All I could ever get was the notifications about how other people had posted scores.

Having just put new grips on my clubs, I'm going to reinstall the sensors and start over again.

Has anyone else had trouble getting their system to work?

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Forgot to post my rounds in FL.

Played on the 16th with @Vinsk at his club. Bermuda rough kicked my ass and we kept losing balls in it. A couple of times we happened to find our shots by dumb luck and simply being right on top of the ball. They just finished renovating the course and you can tell it needed another week or two to grow out and get into good playing condition. The top dressed the greens - they were white from the sand. Felt weird grounding my putter on it because it slid every time.

Great course though, tough track even though it isn't long.

2767225_um1Tt9jN.png

Played on the 19th with @Vinsk again and @David in FL at David's club after he called us out for being ratbastards. Good times were had by all involved. The rough wasn't as high there and I was able to play out of it like a normal person. We played as a fivesome and had a small game going on which we won. I played a bit better here but I couldn't buy a putt. Did have an eagle attempt, though. Can't think of the last time I had an eagle putt.

2767227_WnsGWT0Z.png

Played 27 holes today. It's actually the first time I've ever played 27 holes in the same day. Got a little worn down towards the end but I powered through it. The last 9 I feel taught me a lot about how to play golf. I was kind of fatigued and just found a way to get around the course. I think I found a "finesse" driver swing. I hit it a little flatter than my regular driver swing and I get a decent amount of roll from it, while being more in control with the start line.

2775289_jApHZCWV.png

I forgot to turn the unit off between rounds so it ended up posting as one continuous round. I might email GG about it, but not sure I care that much. If you break down the rounds, I shot 44-39 for 83 and 42.

I drove the ball pretty well today and focused on hitting more approach shots less than full. Kept having that issue where I had better contact hitting 3/4 approach shots and ended up hitting shots to my full swing distance. The control over my start line was great, though. I'll adjust to the appropriate distances with time.

I liked the feel of the shorter swing leading to better contact and trajectory that when faced with an approach on the 5th hole during my second time through from basically the same spot that I hit from the first time, I decided to hit a chippy half swing PW instead of a 3/4 GW (that I chunked the first time through) and hit it to 15' from 90 yards. I realized with the fairway wide open in front and a back pin position on a large green, I didn't need to hit the ball high in the air and take a risk on chunking it with a bigger swing. It was a very good golf shot . This is kind of what I meant by learning to play golf - I hit the ball on the green towards the hole and I wasn't just trying to "make a swing".

My short game wasn't quite all there today but my putting was lights-out. Distance control was good and I made more than my share of 4-6' putts. Even made a couple of 15 footers. GG has it at basically scratch level (0.33 strokes).

Oh and I got hit by a golf ball today, on the 7th tee the second time around. I was standing there waiting for the green to clear and I heard rustling in the leaves around me, though it was a walnut falling, then something bounced on the ground and grazed my leg. Right after that I hit probably the purest 7i of of my life. Totally worth playing 9 more holes just to have experienced that shot 😎

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
On 9/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, DennisMiller said:

If you click on the Game Golf round included by the icon to the left, it's not something I posted. I have no idea where it came from. LOL  I'd love to claim it was me, but alas...

Edit your profile and put your GG username in there.

2779333_qu87zDgc.png

Short game saved the day today. Started off striking the ball well and somewhere in the middle of the round my shot shaped changed directions on me. Putting was so-so.

I'm starting to get creative in hitting different shots on the course and not only is it a whole lot of fun, but I'm learning better shot options for different situations than the ones I'd normally take.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2778139_AJeudI5A.png

Three bad holes, but pretty decent golf otherwise for such a long course. My putting has been amazing for the last month or so, and pretty good all year really. What was once a glaring weakness became my greatest strength this season. 

2783706_tSXxLd81.png

There was a lot of ugly in this round. I don't feel like I drove the ball that well but Game Golf says my driving was about a 10 handicap. Put my ball in some fescue a couple of times off the tee and hit both into water. Greenside short game failed me today (WTF happened to my bunker play?!?) but my partial swing game was on point. Putting was still pretty good. Managed to hole out a couple of long putts, including one from the fringe for par. Did manage to hit a couple of good hybrid shots and a 3 wood shot so that's a positive.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2784610_G1SuYgEi.png

Didn't play that well but I didn't lose any balls so the score was better than yesterday. Long game wasn't there today, but short game was on point. Hit well out of both bunkers today after I made the conscious decision to keep the clubface more square at setup since I'm pretty good at using the bounce in my pitching motion. Putting was mediocre (but 29 putts means I putt great, right? 🙃). Did have a tap-in birdie, those are always cool.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2793830_y3k7Ztix.png

71 at LP today.

First time playing golf in about 36 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
2811017_pbGCdJC6.png

First round in almost a month. A few interesting holes mixed in there, but overall played pretty darn well. Caught a 90 yard 3/4 sand wedge thin on #3 and it cost me, hit it over the green into a tree and couldn't get it back to the green. Other than that I was able to recover from all the other iffy shots I hit.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• 4 months later...
facebook-share-round.jpg

Very windy round. The course was soft from three days of rain and they hadn't been out to mow, so the rough was gnarly and the greens were slow. Hit some shots really well and some really poor shots. Short game around the greens was good, but 40-100 yards out was terrible. Putting speed was an issue because the greens were slow, but I hit my lines well. Really pleased with how I played today overall.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!