IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Assuming you meant your par on the 17th...we were "mirrored".  😉 I par'd the 15th, and had my meltdown (fortunately just a 6) on the 17th.

Oops. I meant the awkward par 5 - 12th. I sprayed one to the right and had to punch out from the trees. After an awkward 5i (I still don't know what happened because it felt pretty clean), I landed a PW over the trees to 5' and made the putt. I'll take the Texas wedge par on 17 too. 😁

• Like 1

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

image.png

Just cleared the water with that one.  😉

Ha ha ha. Yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, Hardspoon said:
facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

Shot a 93 today at Firestone Farms with @billchao, @iacas, @klineka, @Divot Master, @CarlSpackler, @Braivo.  Course was really backed up so a 5-hour (!) round...which never helps.

Driver good overall, putting good overall, short game meh...and just a few bad shots that cost me strokes.

11 hours ago, billchao said:
facebook-share-round.jpg

93 seems to be the number of the day. I lost five balls... and some shots were hit from places I didn't deserve to find my ball.

Putt poorly and short game wasn't good, but also had some really good shots. Flighted PW worked really well for me today.

11 hours ago, iacas said:
facebook-share-round.jpg

Great playing with you guys yesterday. I was looking back through your rounds and now I know roughly how far some of my tee shots went (the ones in play) since my GPS/stats app wasn't working yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I made a correction to my round which added a stroke. I noticed that I broke my FW accuracy record yesterday, and when I went back through the holes to see which fairways I missed, I noticed a 275 yard drive that didn't seem right. I missed a 3W tag (that I totally hit fat trying to get home in 2). On the plus side, correcting it improved my FW accuracy even more, but I am no longer in the 93 club.

image.png

facebook-share-round.jpg

24 minutes ago, klineka said:

Great playing with you guys yesterday. I was looking back through your rounds and now I know roughly how far some of my tee shots went (the ones in play) since my GPS/stats app wasn't working yesterday.

Great playing with you too. I was chatting with @Braivo about getting a match play event going between Ohioans and those from the state up north. I will start another thread on that though.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Sunday's 14 holes. It's easy to shoot in the 70s when you skip the last 4 holes. Hole #4 (par 5) may be the best hole that I've played all year. A slow group letting me through was standing there watching. Maybe I need a gallery to play good.

image.png

facebook-share-round.jpg

- Shane

facebook-share-round.jpg

Played better than I felt about the round, but not by much. It doesn't help that I ended up losing a bunch of balls on the back nine; I hate playing the back worse than the front because I'll walk away from the round frustrated.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

This round was quite the rollercoaster.

image.png 

Was fun though, and I actually didn't play as badly as it seemed overall.  My bad shots just REALLY cost me.

- John

facebook-share-round.jpg

Another mediocre round full of excellent and terrible ballstriking. Drove the ball poorly which was disappointing considering I hit the best drive I have ever hit on the first hole of this course to start the round off. The rest of the long game was a little weird. I hit some really good iron shots longer than expected. I think I've gained some club speed with the swing changes. I noticed it during yesterday's round, too. I'm hitting good shots longer than I'm used to and slight mis-hits go farther than I expect them to be.

Short game was excellent today. Only had trouble when I was in a tough lie, but I had a bunch of realistic chances at getting up and down. Topped it off by chipping in on 17 and hitting a flop shot on 18 from about 15' below the hole to 6'.

I putt well, too. Distance control was good today, which was important because some of my reads were awful.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Shot better. 

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/Oc1IAQKev7

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

facebook-share-round.jpg

I have never been so frustrated after shooting a good score. Long game was a mess. Hit pulls, pushes, topped it a few times, even popped up a drive. And then I'd hit the ball really well. Alternating between striking the ball like a 5 or striking the ball like a 25 is starting to piss me off.

Short game was good. Made better decisions regarding shot selection. Starting to get better control over everything.

I putt really well today. Everything clicked.

Bill

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

Nice round today with @iacas at Cranberry Highlands.  Score isn't really accurate* - played a couple lost balls in the fescue as "hazards" - but I still played pretty well.  Only 5-over* on the back 9.  

I'm enjoying my newfound distance with the driver.  No more weak fade/slices.  Putting continues to be a problem...mostly due to mental lapses where I simply don't make a good stroke at the ball.

- John

• Administrator
facebook-share-round.jpg

Had to play with two other schmoes. 🙂

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

facebook-share-round.jpg

Wow, this course is very poorly mapped. I edited it so that the shots and hole locations are accurate, but the GIR and # of putts are completely off. Thought about editing it so that those numbers would be right, but then the approach distances would be off. Not really sure it matters either way in the long run.

Played with @jamo and @boogielicious in the rain. It rained a lot. I played really well actually. Despite topping the shit out of the ball on a few drives, I still managed to shoot 82. Scott helped me fix that issue though, so hopefully that carries over to tomorrow's round. Everything was good, aside from the aforementioned tops. Short game was really good for the most part. Almost holed out the chip on #8 for par (that would have been some par). Missed a couple of short putts to start the day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

Another round with @jamo and @boogielicious. I drove the ball poorly. Striped it on the range, too.

Back tightened up around the 10th hole, had to get some Advil from Jamieson on the 12th tee. Didn't kick in until the 15th tee, so for several holes I couldn't even make a real golf swing and it wasn't pretty. Somehow I managed to birdie the 14th in that stretch and that approach shot was phenomenal. Couldn't hit out of bunkers at all today and ended up in lots of them. Putting was better today. Two-putted a few times from far away and made some mid-range putts.

Bill

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

My first GG round didn't turn out too well. My irons were bad and I found myself in 4 sand traps. 

Putting was good today though. I need to start a my swing thread over the holiday weekend to work through these poor swings.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

So many bad shots today :-( 

facebook-share-round.jpg

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!