IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

Great day for golf, if a bit on the humid side. Greens were fast and firm. 

Probably the best I've driven the ball (with driver, at least) in a long time. Approach game wasn't as good, though. Short game was good, not great. Need to stop being lazy and not reading how the contours of the green will affect the ball where it lands. Putting was pretty good. Made a couple of mid range putts 12-15', but didn't convert anything in the 6-10' range.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

facebook-share-round.jpg

Really good round. Too bad I fell off the rails a little in the middle, or it would have been an exceptional round. As it is, it's still good for an 8.6 differential from the back tees, so I played really well.

Started the day off striking the ball well, then got a little fatigued and stopped, made an adjustment and finished the last three holes strong. Seems like when I get tired I need to feel the right knee a lot because it just kind of stops working automatically.

Probably the best short game round I ever had. Kept chipping/pitching the ball inside 10'. Almost holed a couple. Only snafu of the day was the lone bunker I got myself into and I ran that ball through the green to the other side, chipped that one back to 4' and made the putt. I'm getting better at club/shot selection around the greens and not just trying to vary trajectory with my LW all the time.

I putt really well today, too. I didn't make any long ones (longest holed putt was an 8 footer) but I didn't miss anything inside 4'. Distance control was good.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
facebook-share-round.jpg

70 from the Blue (72.0/142) tees at WW. Two birdies on each side, 34/36. Birdied 18, too, closing out the back in the 2020 TST Birdie Challenge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2914138_TGmTESvv.png

95 from the white tees at Oak Run in Dahinda, IL. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

2917075_4mgCqI8R.png

I'd just like to play one round where it doesn't feel like I don't know how to swing a golf club halfway through it. Today I hit the ball fairly solidly, but struggled with clubface control. Short game and putting really saved the round. They've become the strongest parts of my game.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2917430_2LwCEkvD.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2919034_kyuHz14d.png

95 from the blue tees at Hidden Lake Country Club. I'm going to play another round out there tomorrow.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

2922715_J8QN6ARx.png

Well this round was awful. I hit the ball very poorly. I was a short game wizard today, though. Hit a handful of shots inside 10', several being inside of 6', and almost holed not one, but two chips. One horseshoed around the hole and the second caught the left edge but was going slightly too fast to drop.

Bill

My Swing Thread

facebook-share-round.jpg

-Craig-

In my bag:

Round from earlier today: 

2922645_5StWiQph.png

First sub-10 differential of the year (I had an 80 in February, but it was like a 10.4 differential).   One birdie, one double bogey, but sadly two sixes.  Overall great round! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2923597_xRzW9s5f.png

Well, my short game wizardry was short lived.

I almost quit this round. Wanted to walk off after the 8th hole, figured I'd finish one more and hit the parking lot. But I'm stubborn, so instead of quitting, I stuck through it and tried to figure out what I was doing wrong in the swing. The 13th hole is about when I figured it out, played well to finish. Even hit a solid drive on 18, unfortunately I set up for the ball to fade away from the tree and I hit a draw that just caught the top of it. If I started it five yards right I would have been looking at going for the green in two.

Putt well today. Made several long putts.

It was so hot today I even had to put on a glove.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Still not where I wan't to be, but after a few lessons, starting to see an improvement in my game in terms of consistency and shot selection.  If I had not blobbed hole 2 and 3, would have been a different score line.  Positives though, I took some cash (£15), off my other 3 players .. (HCP, 21, 18 and 8), by winning the back 9 and sharing the overall score with the 8 HCP :-)

2925233_FPnUf3r8.png

Edit : Also, how do you post that game golf score/course rather than just the link like I have done

3 hours ago, Albie999 said:

Also, how do you post that game golf score/course rather than just the link like I have done

When you pasted the link, you needed to remove the formatting. If you just copy and paste the URL it usually just embeds the link automatically.

Bill

My Swing Thread

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/EYCbukXWk8

started off strong then trailed off after the turn. I was really on point off the tee. My approach shots were meh. My short game sucked. My putting was OK. i like what I’m doing so far, I need to work on flattening the swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/HJJ003/round/2925929

Played a course in Houston I like a lot for my Bday. I have it as a 5 on the Doak scale which is pretty darn good for Houston. Played well. Drove the ball well, and it was mostly all carry due to soggy turf. Bogey golf is good golf for me. Short game didn't seem to score very well with strokes gained, but that's just because of a few REALLY bad shots in that regard. The rest was pretty solid. 

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/EYCbukXWk8

started off strong then trailed off after the turn. I was really on point off the tee. My approach shots were meh. My short game sucked. My putting was OK. i like what I’m doing so far, I need to work on flattening the swing. 

Did you like that course? I've been wanting to go out there for the past couple years but haven't made it out there yet, it's a bit pricey especially on the weekend compared to what I normally pay. 

Do you think it's worth the cost?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

45 minutes ago, klineka said:

Did you like that course? I've been wanting to go out there for the past couple years but haven't made it out there yet, it's a bit pricey especially on the weekend compared to what I normally pay. 

Do you think it's worth the cost?

Since one of our guys had a coupon for a group of 4 people, and the course extended that to all 8 in our two groups, I only had to pay $49 😅

So, definitely worth the price, lol. 

$100 on the weekend seems a bit excessive. I would say probably in the $60 to $75 range for 18 holes would be good. 

The Stay & Play rates seem the best deal. For $180 to $200 you get to play Eaglesticks and The Virtues. That is $156 worth of golf rates. So for $50 or $80 bucks more you get a hotel room. Depending on the hotel, that isn't a bad deal. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2929092_6UnmPv6J.png

A frustrating round where some really bad shots added up. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!