IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9/26/20 - Spyglass Hill 

2976120_zjq0Vizw.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Spyglass is every bit as good as it's cracked up to be.  We teed off at 11am, and the marine layer still hadn't burned off, so the first few holes were surreal.

The first tee shot is semi-blind (especially into the fog):

IMG_1547.JPG

I hit a great tee shot, and converted it into a par after CRUSHING a hybrid from the right rough and sinking a 7-footer.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 004039.png

The 4th hole was probably my favorite on the course.

IMG_1550.JPG

I was happy to save a bogey after pulling my approach to the left and getting lucky to even find it in the dunes.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 004241.png

On #12, I made my second birdie in two days on a tough par-3...by drilling a 40-footer.  :)

Screenshot 2020-09-29 004923.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9/27/2020 - Pebble Beach Golf Links

2977063_B5X4a1jj.png

Bucket-list stuff here.  I mean...this pic says it all:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005256.png

Some highlights:

1st Hole

The tee shot is nerve-racking!  Lots of folks milling around watching...and it's awkward because you can't hit driver.  I NAILED it...smooth 3-hybrid, 226 yards, into the first cut on the right.  :)  Got a few "nice shots" from onlookers.  I hit into a deadly steep bunker but got it out and saved the bogey.  Whew.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005423.png

4th Hole

The first hole where you're right up next to the ocean.  It's seriously hard to concentrate.  I crushed my drive, right down the middle...my pitch shot was a little chunky but my lag from the fringe was within 5' and I sank the par putt.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005812.png\

7th Hole

Pictures don't do this one justice.  Standing on the tee...the temperature must have dropped 10 degrees just from the cool breeze...and it feels like you're on the edge of the world.  According to our caddie, we had a very odd breeze (towards the ocean) so it was playing like a 75 (!) yard shot.  

IMG_1585.JPG

I pulled my wedge a little, and hit it long...but managed to get up-and-down for one of the most memorable pars I'll ever make.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 010425.png

8th Hole

This was my favorite hole on the course.  I mean...seriously...this was the view of my approach shot:

IMG_1591.JPG

I hit a perfect iron off the tee...but I got scared of the water on my approach and pulled it way left.  Hit a GREAT pitch shot from way above the hole and two-putted for bogey.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 011241.png

18th Hole

After a 45 on the front nine, I sorta fell back to earth.  Played really badly on the "inland" holes.  My drive on 18 made up for it:

IMG_1599.JPG

I hit my best drive of the day.  271 yards, with a little draw, and almost carried the tree on the fly (from the white tees, but who's counting).  

Screenshot 2020-09-29 011618.png

Even a topped 4-wood couldn't ruin it (I had to go for the green!)..and I sunk a 10-footer to end the round with a bogey.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

- John

Nothing to brag about in this round.  

2979660_L4i3N0xv.png

Wow @Hardspoon I am really jealous.  Spanish Bay, Spyglass & Pebble.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:18 PM, Hardspoon said:

9/27/2020 - Pebble Beach Golf Links

2977063_B5X4a1jj.png

Bucket-list stuff here.  I mean...this pic says it all:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005256.png

Some highlights:

1st Hole

The tee shot is nerve-racking!  Lots of folks milling around watching...and it's awkward because you can't hit driver.  I NAILED it...smooth 3-hybrid, 226 yards, into the first cut on the right.  :)  Got a few "nice shots" from onlookers.  I hit into a deadly steep bunker but got it out and saved the bogey.  Whew.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005423.png

4th Hole

The first hole where you're right up next to the ocean.  It's seriously hard to concentrate.  I crushed my drive, right down the middle...my pitch shot was a little chunky but my lag from the fringe was within 5' and I sank the par putt.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 005812.png\

7th Hole

Pictures don't do this one justice.  Standing on the tee...the temperature must have dropped 10 degrees just from the cool breeze...and it feels like you're on the edge of the world.  According to our caddie, we had a very odd breeze (towards the ocean) so it was playing like a 75 (!) yard shot.  

IMG_1585.JPG

I pulled my wedge a little, and hit it long...but managed to get up-and-down for one of the most memorable pars I'll ever make.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 010425.png

8th Hole

This was my favorite hole on the course.  I mean...seriously...this was the view of my approach shot:

IMG_1591.JPG

I hit a perfect iron off the tee...but I got scared of the water on my approach and pulled it way left.  Hit a GREAT pitch shot from way above the hole and two-putted for bogey.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 011241.png

18th Hole

After a 45 on the front nine, I sorta fell back to earth.  Played really badly on the "inland" holes.  My drive on 18 made up for it:

IMG_1599.JPG

I hit my best drive of the day.  271 yards, with a little draw, and almost carried the tree on the fly (from the white tees, but who's counting).  

Screenshot 2020-09-29 011618.png

Even a topped 4-wood couldn't ruin it (I had to go for the green!)..and I sunk a 10-footer to end the round with a bogey.

Was the grill open for your after-round cocktail?  Are/were you staying at the Lodge?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Was the grill open for your after-round cocktail?  Are/were you staying at the Lodge?

We actually stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay.  We wanted to have a drink on the porch at Pebble after the round, but the wait was so long we just went back to the bar at Spanish Bay (which was overlooking the course and the ocean as well, so not a bad thing to settle for!)

- John

8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

We actually stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay.  We wanted to have a drink on the porch at Pebble after the round, but the wait was so long we just went back to the bar at Spanish Bay (which was overlooking the course and the ocean as well, so not a bad thing to settle for!)

Not at all.  Did you get to hear the bagpiper at sunset?

• Upvote 1

2979471_DHAwQgo4.png

Shot a 93 today at Columbus Country Club, as part of a group with @iacas and @georgep (well, at least, we think so - I didn't see him all day!)

I'm pretty sure this is the best I've ever hit the ball off the tee.  I only hit one bad drive all day, and not a single snap hook.  Short game was really difficult on greens this fast (and I short-sided myself all day long).

This was my strokes gained versus SCRATCH for the day.  0.6 strokes off the tee.

image.png

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not at all.  Did you get to hear the bagpiper at sunset?

Yes, we did!  A couple days, actually.  It's a really neat place to stay.

- John

2980229_MBqm4vGD.png

Decent, but not great. Drove the ball really well, only 16 and 17 tee shots were misses. Approach game was not good. Kept chunking my partial wedges (rained a lot yesterday) or flying them too long. Short game was meh. Bunker play is still atrocious. Putt well today, made a few longer ones.

The season is winding down, but if I can keep playing like this, it's not a bad way to finish.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Back to back sub 100 rounds. 🙂

Yesterday, driving was pretty on point.

2979782_49AnB106.png

Tee'd off on the back 9 today.  Driving no bueno but short game must have been to score what I did.

2980322_Y8ph4XQl.png

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
2981065_Jt6WEfGz.png

Wasn't nearly as distracted today, even though this bullshit is still going on.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2981342_UUR7dynq.png

Great round today (14.3 differential) on a great course (Fox Chapel).  I played the four par-3's in one over (three pars, one bogey) - and they aren't easy!  Some highlights below.

Hole #3 ("Eden")

IMG_1685.JPG

160 yards...hit a 7-iron to about 25 feet, and two-putted.

Hole #11 ("Short")

IMG_1678.JPG

Pushed an 8-iron into the right bunker...but knocked it to within 5' and sank the putt for a par.

Hole #17 ("Biarritz")

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

image.png

This was the my best shot of the day.  I drilled a 3-hybrid to 15', and two-putted for par.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

- John

• Administrator

Asshat.

😉

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2984696_EYlExwlY.png

I would have had more fun going to work today. This round was just awful. Absolutely no control over the swing, hitting every shot shape known to man (and possibly some new ones). Had a couple of bright spots here and there, but overall a forgettable day.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2985203_hB1Zi9pp.png

Played the WPGA Volunteer Day "event." I think I contributed 32 of the 109 points my team got in the Stableford scoring. We finished 9th out of 13 teams. 🙂

Four players.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, billchao said:
2984696_EYlExwlY.png

I would have had more fun going to work today. This round was just awful. Absolutely no control over the swing, hitting every shot shape known to man (and possibly some new ones). Had a couple of bright spots here and there, but overall a forgettable day.

I forgot to mention I lost the tag on my LW during the round. I officially no longer have enough tags for a whole bag. It was just a shitty golf day altogether.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2988362_NcBpBd2H.png

I don't know why I play this game anymore. There was a frost delay and we teed off of 10. At least I finally birdied the 1st hole, though it's not quite the same as making birdie on the first hole of the day. Lost 5 balls, all on 6, 7, and 8. I don't know what that was about.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...
3003083_yiDAtXQD.png

Very wet, cartpaths only. Plugged drives all day. Played something that kind of resembled golf. Not going to bother analyzing anything since it's December 3rd. Was just happy to get out on a nice course.

Highlights of the day were making birdie from a penalty area on #9 and the twisting sand cart paths I drove golf cart rally on.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread for this one!

Shot a smooth 100 from the Blue Tees at Oakmont Country Club, in 20mph (!) winds.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/3035926

My wedge game was terrible...cost me a ton of strokes.  But, I'm never going to complain about an 81-degree day in April on a bucket-list course.

This was the most fun hole...a 4 on #10 for back-to-back pars:

image.png

I hit my best drive of the day, and caught both the wind and the downhill.  I had 105 yards to the center of the green, and had to hit a little 50-yard pitch shot!!!  It rolled the remaining 40 yards, and didn't stop until it hit the fringe.

Putting ocean views aside, and taking into account that we played tees too difficult for my handicap, this was hands-down the most fun course I've ever played.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

- John

Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!