IGNORED

Apple Watch Golf GPS

Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Game golf is interesting for sure.  There is a bit of a disconnect in that does not give distances like it might.  That could be because the distances are calculated on the web site afterward so the devise is dumb and just records club and coordinates.

But if that was not true and it did have distances and could display them on a smart watch it would be a pretty good combination.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Apparently you will be able to tell the time when you're on the golf course. Killer.

I love apple products and always have, but this watch will do nothing that doesn't exist already.

I think our newbie poster may have a connection with apple.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
Game golf is interesting for sure.  There is a bit of a disconnect in that does not give distances like it might.  That could be because the distances are calculated on the web site afterward so the devise is dumb and just records club and coordinates.

So far as I know, that's how it works. Just the coordinates. That's part of the beauty. [quote name="Shorty" url="/t/77095/apple-watch-golf-gps#post_1053825"]Apparently you will be able to tell the time when you're on the golf course. Killer. I love apple products and always have, but this watch will do nothing that doesn't exist already. I think our newbie poster may have a connection with apple. [/quote] Aside from being a consumer, I would bet his relationship with Apple is nonexistent. Look at Arccos. Similar tags as GAME GOLF, uses your phone, $399.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Look at Arccos. Similar tags as GAME GOLF, uses your phone, $399.

iPhone only...boooo!!!!!

Don't understand that logic. Android owns 70% of the market share. I get no Windows Phone, but no Android?!?!?

• Administrator

Don't understand that logic. Android owns 70% of the market share. I get no Windows Phone, but no Android?!?!?

Android is super fragmented. Lots of stuff comes to the iPhone first.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Android is super fragmented. Lots of stuff comes to the iPhone first.

People throw that term around like it makes it super difficult to develop for Android. I simply do not believe the to be the case.

Apparently you will be able to tell the time when you're on the golf course. Killer.

I love apple products and always have, but this watch will do nothing that doesn't exist already.

I think our newbie poster may have a connection with apple.

Newbie poster?  I have been laying in wait since 2009 posting 800+ times to promote the Apple watch.............

• Administrator
People throw that term around like it makes it super difficult to develop for Android. I simply do not believe the to be the case.

And yet, if you talk with developers, they tell a very different story. Lots of apps come out first for the iPhone, and many remain iPhone only for a loooooong time.

Android is OT though.

Newbie poster?  I have been laying in wait since 2009 posting 800+ times to promote the Apple watch.............

EagleNik is the one with 3 posts who thinks this watch is going to be a "phenomenal golf gadget".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

EagleNik is the one with 3 posts who thinks this watch is going to be a "phenomenal golf gadget".

Do you really think that "Apple" needs to someone to come promote its product on "TST"?  I think that is pushing it a little.. Although, I still find it hard to understand EagleNik's excitement..  Maybe you are right!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Do you really think that "Apple" needs to someone to come promote its product on "TST"?  I think that is pushing it a little.. Although, I still find it hard to understand EagleNik's excitement..  Maybe you are right!

Yeah.....I think Apple has that marketing thang pretty well in-hand.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hehe... I am just trying to envision some cool and interesting features for playing this enriching game. I do not give a f… if it’s this or that brand or technology.

All I say is that the sensor technology of the A.W. present a whole range of exiting opportunities. At the range. Rhythm and swing speed combined with the “tap of the wrist” functionality. You get instant feedback on the rhythm with “good or bad tap”. Maybe unnecessary, however it could be useful for some of us... Is it the take away, the transition or the impact? Is it the same with all the clubs or different from wedge to driver… At the course. You get your swing speed and rhythm in combination with length and accuracy. You get you distance to front and back of the green with just a little “glance”. The watch know where you are on the course and when you lift you hand it show just that little information you need. You get you pulse and stress level combined with you accuracy at the closing holes compared to the first and all in between. Eventually a whole lot more…

I agree that the game should be played as pure as possible. Without the disturbance of technology. However, I welcome technology that blends in and functions in the background. I am now a happy GAME Golf “tapper”; however, the “tap-free” Arccos looks even nicer. Helping me track all my shots almost hazardless and understand my weaknesses and strengths. In addition, when I am home again visualizes the performance so it is fun and easy to improve! In combination with A.W like sensors, it will give more without me even noticing.

Greetings from Norway :-), where the season is almost over :-(

I personally don't get the Apple Watch, but they created a lot of segments so maybe I will get it in the future.

I did order an iPhone 6 today.  I dropped my current phone coming out of the men's grill one night and the screen has been messed up since.  I was biding my time for the new model to come out.

I personally don't get the Apple Watch, but they created a lot of segments so maybe I will get it in the future.

I did order an iPhone 6 today.  I dropped my current phone coming out of the men's grill one night and the screen has been messed up since.  I was biding my time for the new model to come out.

Literally the only reason I decided to upgrade to the iPhone 6 from the 5S was because of the 240 fps slo-mo feature in the camera. The 120 fps in the 5S has been super helpful for general swing plane and movement analysis, but I'm really psyched to slow down and see impact better. It's really exciting. Hell, the pro I took lessons from had a full studio and his camera only shot 60 fps.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

The Apple Watch is going to be a game changer like all of their products.  Not going to get into a tech nerd fight on who is better but the fact is when Apple comes out with a new product folks pay attention.  They are putting too much money and resources into for it not to be successful.  Its easy to laugh at it now but when you really take a look at what it can do and the possibilities in the future it is an incredible tech advancement.  For me, the health apps with the watch is very interesting.  I know Fitbit and others bands are out there now but none will compare to the technology and app development backing the Apple Watch will have.  Golf wise, I like to walk and will wear it to keep track of my health stats but I can absolutely see some really cool Golf apps that come out for it.  Battery life is obviously an evolving issue with all tech products and in time the Watch will have an adequate battery life.

The Apple Watch is going to be a game changer like all of their products.  Not going to get into a tech nerd fight on who is better but the fact is when Apple comes out with a new product folks pay attention.  They are putting too much money and resources into for it not to be successful.  Its easy to laugh at it now but when you really take a look at what it can do and the possibilities in the future it is an incredible tech advancement.  For me, the health apps with the watch is very interesting.  I know Fitbit and others bands are out there now but none will compare to the technology and app development backing the Apple Watch will have.  Golf wise, I like to walk and will wear it to keep track of my health stats but I can absolutely see some really cool Golf apps that come out for it.  Battery life is obviously an evolving issue with all tech products and in time the Watch will have an adequate battery life.

Get a yardage reading from the GPS shown on your watch and a club recommendation, tag your club with your watch like Game Golf, get your yardages in real time when you get to your ball for the next shot. And then have the watch be able to do whatever else it does on top of that. Not being a unitasker is what interests me most about that kind of technology. It's an exciting future to dream on.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!