IGNORED

What's Your Internet Speed?

iacas

Your Internet Speed  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your Internet Speed?

• It is not good.
    • It's acceptable.
    • It's great.

Verizon Fios in Northern, VA.  Very happy with the service here. I got same results as @dsc123 above pretty much. Same 35/35 on the phone. No surprise, since we're the same service in the same area. Good to see it's consistent. Hey, Dan, hope all is going well on that side of the Potomac. I haven't made it up that way for any golf, but the Timbers at Troy outing was fun. I'm still inspired to take Aimpoint at some point, based on how well you were reading the breaks that day.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

They are planning on doing the final upgrade in my neighborhood in another month.

Still waiting. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No idea what this means, but there it is...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 6 years later...
  • Administrator

I have had Time-Warner Cable Internet for a long time. Long enough that they've been "Spectrum" for a number of years, and I'm on a grandfathered plan, paying between $100 and $200/month for Internet + VOIP (which runs over our regular phone lines).

To be honest, I was getting about 70 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up.

Well, for about $30/month less, I'm now getting a bit more… 😉

IMG_9422.jpg

Yay!

Now, that's from my wired eero. On my computer I'm getting much higher speeds as well:

image.png

What kinds of Internet speeds are you getting?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Over my Wi-fi, on my phone…

6B4FAE7C-8CE2-4EE7-A797-19ACD8818B39.png

My MacBook is getting 473 Mbps download and 23.2 Mbps upload. 

My plan is for up to 400 Mbps. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

My MacBook is getting 473 Mbps download and 23.2 Mbps upload. 

My plan is for up to 400 Mbps. 

? 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

? 🙂

Just checked the Speed test on Spectrum’s website. It shows 420. 

maybe the spectrum in my area is just generous. 😁

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My iPhone wifi. Pretty decent I’d say.653F5176-2ECD-4707-A599-292AF58D7726.thumb.png.c035f76365f634882f145188f968fb94.png

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

594 up? Were you holding your phone upside down?

slow by comparison here in the land of perpetual cloudiness:  We are paying about $75 for internet.   They raised the price when we dropped TV

speed test.png

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My Mac on Spectrum. I didn't test my iPhone because I don't use it for up or downloads.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.56.01 AM.png

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Now, that's from my wired eero. On my computer I'm getting much higher speeds as well:

Do you have anything connected to the eero outside of your home? If so how is the access? I have a workshop I'm struggling to get WiFi to and looking for first hand experience.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Hohjoe said:

Do you have anything connected to the eero outside of your home? If so how is the access? I have a workshop I'm struggling to get WiFi to and looking for first hand experience.

Not sure what you mean by "outside of your home." No, everything is inside my home, though my garage door openers are on WiFi, too, and I can get WiFi out to my street as I drive away from my house, too. For a hundred yards or so.

I ditched horrendously overpriced, 12-year-old Comcast hardware and speed a couple months ago for AT&T fiber, which is cheaper and faster (company may be equally shitty as Comcast).
935DFCD4-D244-4F2B-9316-6DC5AFD382EC.thumb.jpeg.0d51c627b61a43af90ff10f818032c39.jpeg

Google wifi mesh network.

986CE220-205E-483A-8F88-F03AD7994EA2.thumb.jpeg.073c9b9ad1a75ceb87ffe729278d9bef.jpeg

Speed at gateway where fiber comes  into the house. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My speeds are around 50mbps now with AT&T, we are building a new house and will have Spectrum there and I will be able to choose from 500mbps or 1gbps speeds. 

I will most likely go with the 500mbps because I am running CAT6 ethernet runs to all of the TV/game console locations, the home office, 2 in ceiling access points, and 2 external locations for POE cameras. 50mbps with pretty much everything on wifi now is adequate for most things I do outside of downloading a new video game or something, so I think 500mbps with most things being hardwired should be plenty fast enough for now.

I will most likely go with the Unifi line from Ubiquiti but am all ears for any other all in one solutions that people have used/like.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

56 minutes ago, Hohjoe said:

My Mac on Spectrum. I didn't test my iPhone because I don't use it for up or downloads.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.56.01 AM.png

If you mean you are trying to get wifi to a separate building, some sort of mesh network like Eero, google wifi may work, but I tried that for my free standing garage/workshop and it was slow. I ended up getting a powerline adapter and a separate cheap wifi router for the outbuilding. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1