IGNORED

What's Your Internet Speed?

iacas

Your Internet Speed  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your Internet Speed?

• It is not good.
    • It's acceptable.
    • It's great.

1 hour ago, Hohjoe said:

Do you have anything connected to the eero outside of your home? If so how is the access? I have a workshop I'm struggling to get WiFi to and looking for first hand experience.

How far is the distance between the workshop and your house?

The optimal solution is to run conduit underground and an ethernet run from your house out to the shop then have a router out there on a completely separate WiFi network.

There are some other options as well especially if you have a clear line of site from house to shop, you can get devices that send a super strong WiFi signal from point to point, like some of these below

https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Not sure what you mean by "outside of your home." No, everything is inside my home, though my garage door openers are on WiFi, too, and I can get WiFi out to my street as I drive away from my house, too. For a hundred yards or so.

I meant in a separate building. Just curious if you had Eero access in another building and if so what the speed was like.

9 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

If you mean you are trying to get wifi to a separate building, some sort of mesh network like Eero, google wifi may work, but I tried that for my free standing garage/workshop and it was slow. I ended up getting a powerline adapter and a separate cheap wifi router for the outbuilding. 

I do have a power line adapter and the speed is just OK.

9 hours ago, klineka said:

How far is the distance between the workshop and your house?

The optimal solution is to run conduit underground and an ethernet run from your house out to the shop then have a router out there on a completely separate WiFi network.

There are some other options as well especially if you have a clear line of site from house to shop, you can get devices that send a super strong WiFi signal from point to point, like some of these below

https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu

It's about 25' feet or so between the buildings. I do have a clear line of site and a power line adapter with OK service. I don't get online a lot when I'm out there and when I do the slower speeds are annoying. Running an Ethernet cable may be a winter project though.

• iacas changed the title to What's Your Internet Speed?
  • Administrator
50 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Not good:

image.thumb.png.2b2f7f8b39ea9432c16525dd87528521.png

I put in an order for StarLink in Feb this year but still says scheduled for "Late 2021" for my area.

Holy hell.

Why so slow? For $20/month they have 50 Mbps down and up. Are you somehow still on DSL? Slow DSL?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Yukari said:

Very good.  Problem is intermittent interruption of service.

image.png

How intermittent are the interruptions for you? Does your dishy have a full, clear view of the sky?

Mine is Spectrum (Time Warner).  They have outages about once every 6-8 weeks for some reason.