IGNORED

Complete TOOLS at the Range.

Paiste
Note: This thread is 3200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's a bug in the code no @ function shows. Can't do a lot of stuff with the droid. Including quotes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
There's a bug in the code no @ function shows. Can't do a lot of stuff with the droid. Including quotes.

Probably not a bug. Maybe your phone is just really really old. On mobile then type [@] then the username then [/@]. I borrowed an android phone to type this message [@]Lihu[/@]. PM me a screenshot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The old phone theory is most likely the culprit. Hadn't seen a need to upgrade for 3 years, maybe this is an excuse? ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I resisted the urge to give a beginner some pointers...I don't want to be that guy...but I kinda regret it now

Colin P.

There's a bug in the code no @ function shows.

Can't do a lot of stuff with the droid. Including quotes.

There are a few things that do not work with some browsers with the android but most works fine. For example, uploading pics doesn't work in firefox but does in the samsung browser. If the "@" function doesn't show, your settings are not in full html. Mine switched out the other day somehow and was on basic.

It is a hassle sometimes with function on the mobile in general.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

@Valleygolfer yeah, it works some of the time, like now. It seems it could be bandwidth dependant? With Wifi that's stable, it works great. When I'm on top of the Empire state building or in a store, not so great.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

This thread is AWESOME!!!  I thought I was the only one who experienced all the "pros" who try to give lessons to random strangers.  There is a course 2 minutes from my house that is infested with these type of guys on the range.  Normally older guys who I assume must be retired.  Most of them are relatively harmless and if I tell them that I am working on something in particular and not talk to them, they will walk away.  However, one time I was working on hitting fades with my 5 iron and one of these guys comes up to me and tells me that he can cure my slice.  I tried to explain to him what I was doing, but he wouldn't listen.  He kept talking and talking.  So, I decided that I "needed" to go to the bathroom.  As I walked away, I look back and see him helping himself to my range balls that were still in my bucket.  I turn around and confront him.  His excuse was that he thought I was done.  Why exactly would I be done when I left my bag there, rested my 5 iron on the basket and actually put my glove in the basket on top of the balls.  I went to the pro shop to tell them about it and they just laughed and gave me another token.  Apparently, that guys does things like that all the time.  They told me that he also walks onto the range while people are hitting with an empty basket in hand and just fills it up.  I guess they have confronted him several times, but he doesn't stop and they won't ban him.  Now, I mainly go hit balls at a course that is 20 minutes from my house.  Most of the clientele are Korean so they ignore me and just give each other lessons.

I was at a golf course the other night and when the last worker left all of a sudden 2 big ass vans peel into the parking lot and about 20 Indian teenagers with like 5 adults just and start sprinting to the driving range. They all proceed to grab buckets and run down the fairway picking up hundreds of balls and start running over the greens and chipping on the "putting only green" and well into dark the driving range is at full capacity.

I was at a golf course the other night and when the last worker left all of a sudden 2 big ass vans peel into the parking lot and about 20 Indian teenagers with like 5 adults just and start sprinting to the driving range. They all proceed to grab buckets and run down the fairway picking up hundreds of balls and start running over the greens and chipping on the "putting only green" and well into dark the driving range is at full capacity.

Did you call the police? Sure sounds like they were tresspassing to me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Did the teenagers ethnanticity have anything to do with the story or influence you to not call the cops for trespassing and vandalism?

Joe Paradiso

I thought I might get flack for including the race in my story but that's one of the things that hit me as so strange. The race had nothing to do with their actions, obviously, as no race does bad things that any other race does not, but in an area where the population is predominantly white, black, or Hispanic, it just seemed odd that a group of over 30 people of all the same race that you don't see very often would jump out of two separate vans and sprint to their positions.. It was like clockwork like some kind of bank robbery lol. I doubt they were all related so it jumped out at me as some kind of pre-planned thing that they've done a ton in the past with maybe friends or acquaintances. And I did tell the owners but they were just like "what can we do? We can't be here all night and hopefully they will get caught doing something else dishonest some day."

I thought I might get flack for including the race in my story but that's one of the things that hit me as so strange.

The race had nothing to do with their actions, obviously, as no race does bad things that any other race does not, but in an area where the population is predominantly white, black, or Hispanic, it just seemed odd that a group of over 30 people of all the same race that you don't see very often would jump out of two separate vans and sprint to their positions.. It was like clockwork like some kind of bank robbery lol. I doubt they were all related so it jumped out at me as some kind of pre-planned thing that they've done a ton in the past with maybe friends or acquaintances.

And I did tell the owners but they were just like "what can we do? We can't be here all night and hopefully they will get caught doing something else dishonest some day."

If I were the owner I'd be pretty upset that people were damaging my golf course that were not even paying customers.  I wouldn't care if someone jumped out and played a few holes after dusk, but it sounds like from your post they weren't doing damage to the practice green.

Joe Paradiso

If I were the owner I'd be pretty upset that people were damaging my golf course that were not even paying customers.  I wouldn't care if someone jumped out and played a few holes after dusk, but it sounds like from your post they weren't doing damage to the practice green.

Yeah they weren't treating anything with much respect. It was like unleashing a bunch of 10 year olds at an amusement park and letting them do what they wanted.

Note: This thread is 3200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!