Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

[Video] Frustrated golfer goes off on tirade, does much harm to clubs

Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 posts / 4577 viewsLast Reply

Vid is in link. It's NSFW, language. Wouldn't rank his club breaking as high as that of Roy McAvoy's. :-( http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/09/dude-goes-nuts-snaps-all-his-clubs.html

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Couple weeks ago I got to the 17th tee and someone had broken their wedges and stuck the shafts in the ground next to the heads. Was junk to me but the guy I was paired with grabbed the heads. For a while there was a butt end of a club sticking up in the pond on number one. Evidently it's pretty common for people to break clubs, see them in trash cans all the time but always crap. I never see a busted $400 driver or anything. I don't like playing with those types.

My guess is that he broke maybe $300 at most market value of irons.   He was venting and having fun at the same time.  If he was totally out of control he would not be able to shake hands and joke with people much less pick and choose clubs to break.   He's probably blown $300 before and not had nearly as much fun.   Nothing out of control about what he was doing.

Probably just wanted a good reason to tell his wife why he needed new irons. "I don't know what happened! Every time I swung a club broke in half! Must have been counterfeits, off to the golf store to get new ones!"

This was just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  What a D-bag.  Everyone is laughing, I would be embarrassed to be there with this fool.

Whether fake or not, it just seems stupid.  I am sure we have all felt this way before but this guy needs to grow up

/rant

Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!