IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have no problem with calling them the forward tees, but if you still call them the women's or ladies' tees, I won't bat an eye. Honestly, I just refer to them by their color and care more about what yardage they end up making the course than what specific color I think I should be playing.

Agreed.

Although I'd like it if that terminology went the way of the dodo bird.  I often play golf with my dad and father in law and they are old enough and, lets face it, shitty enough, that they should always be playing from the very forward tees.  (I can not remember seeing either of them get a GIR on a par 4 or 5 anytime recently)  If the fact that people still think of them as the "ladies tees" is part of whats keeping them from moving up, then I'd like to remove that stigma.

But otherwise, I don't really care.  If I see traditional blue, white, then red, I still think red=ladies a lot of the time.  (But I also still like to sit "Indian style" so what the hell do I know?)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkolo

I have no problem with calling them the forward tees, but if you still call them the women's or ladies' tees, I won't bat an eye. Honestly, I just refer to them by their color and care more about what yardage they end up making the course than what specific color I think I should be playing.

Agreed.

Although I'd like it if that terminology went the way of the dodo bird.  I often play golf with my dad and father in law and they are old enough and, lets face it, shitty enough, that they should always be playing from the very forward tees.  (I can not remember seeing either of them get a GIR on a par 4 or 5 anytime recently)  If the fact that people still think of them as the "ladies tees" is part of whats keeping them from moving up, then I'd like to remove that stigma.

But otherwise, I don't really care.  If I see traditional blue, white, then red, I still think red=ladies a lot of the time.  (But I also still like to sit "Indian style" so what the hell do I know?)

How do you feel about "uppity front tees"?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Agreed. Although I'd like it if that terminology went the way of the dodo bird.  I often play golf with my dad and father in law and they are old enough and, lets face it, shitty enough, that they should always be playing from the very forward tees.  (I can not remember seeing either of them get a GIR on a par 4 or 5 anytime recently)  If the fact that people still think of them as the "ladies tees" is part of whats keeping them from moving up, then I'd like to remove that stigma. But otherwise, I don't really care.  If I see traditional blue, white, then red, I still think red=ladies a lot of the time.  (But I also still like to sit "Indian style" so what the hell do I know?)

Indian style? Gadzooks! Don't you know it's "criss cross apple sauce" now? [Ed. Note: barf]

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF...........

you would rather play in a scramble than play a regular round of golf.

• Upvote 1

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Hell, I've even worn denim late and early in the season when it's been cold

silly me - I thought a non-golfer would be someone that doesn't "play golf"

this entire thread is insulting and just ANOTHER childish "pet peeve" thread  - too bad, I think Buckeyenut started it to see if people could come with wry and funny contributions

Hope you didn't take my stuff too seriously......it's all in fun...one of my favorite people (and an absolute "golfer") never wears anything but jeans on the course.....I love him to death and give him shit all the time (and he gives it right back to me).......all good I hope

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

The off-topic stuff is in bold:

Enough, @Ferguson. You've never been punished nor had a post deleted for responding to someone's post with on-topic comments. You never will be.

If you wish to respond further to the moderation, send a PM as it does not warrant further public, off-topic discussion.

Unless a moderator introduces the off topic subject or content and you try to respond to it and they deem your response unacceptable even if non-offensive. On occasion, though rarely, there is no news in 'The Truth' and no truth in 'The News'. Fundamentally, this site is a business.

Kevin

Indian style? Gadzooks! Don't you know it's "criss cross apple sauce" now? [Ed. Note: barf]

That's precisely what I was referring to. ;) But actually I wasn't being truthful. Criss cross apple sauce doesn't bother me anymore and I say it all the time. It used to annoy me, but I'm well past that.

[quote name="dkolo" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/300#post_1133461"] Indian style? Gadzooks! Don't you know it's "criss cross apple sauce" now? [Ed. Note: barf]

That's precisely what I was referring to. ;) But actually I wasn't being truthful. Criss cross apple sauce doesn't bother me anymore and I say it all the time. It used to annoy me, but I'm well past that.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Fundamentally, this site is a business.

Sure it is...and it also is not run as a democracy....and we are also free not to come on this site to read and/or post.  I don't always agree with all the evangelism here, but I very much respect that the "powers that be" give me the opportunity to voice my opinion...and even though my opinions are unpopular at times, I do not feel that Eric and Co ever make things personal and usually respond with a well-reasoned alternative opinion (although that can't be said for all folks that post, but that just comes with the territory of the internet forum).

Anyway, this is all off-topic.......so that is enough

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Play golf in jeans. Play in a tank top and sandals? Fine by me (I've often been tempted to do so myself, just to mitigate my farmers tan). But I cannot possibly, under any scenario, imagine why someone would play golf in jeans.

Play golf in jeans. Play in a tank top and sandals? Fine by me (I've often been tempted to do so myself, just to mitigate my farmers tan).

But I cannot possibly, under any scenario, imagine why someone would play golf in jeans.

You're in Long Beach CA too, not in farm country northeastern Colorado where in cooler weather, jeans fit the game just fine.   I can't imagine why you would find it so unthinkable.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Is there an opposite of this thread, "you are a real golfer when ....?"   That'd make a good thread but I suspect there are probably past threads on the topic.  If so, I could not find one.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

That is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard of. I'm crying real tears as the world I used to know and love has turned into something so terrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkolo

That is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard of. I'm crying real tears as the world I used to know and love has turned into something so terrible.

"criss cross apple sauce" has been standard procedure in many schools for quite a few years now.....

I don't really like it either.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

"criss cross apple sauce" has been standard procedure in many schools for quite a few years now..... I don't really like it either.

I've never actually heard it outside of people griping about it. It was Indian style when I was in school or alternatively cross-legged. I'd just tell people to sit on the floor and leave them to their own devices about how they choose to accomplish that task, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Play golf in jeans. Play in a tank top and sandals? Fine by me (I've often been tempted to do so myself, just to mitigate my farmers tan).

But I cannot possibly, under any scenario, imagine why someone would play golf in jeans.

My company league play started already. 9 holes after work once a week. We wear jeans at work, and if it is still cool, which it tends to be now and then, we just come from work and play golf. In the middle of the summer, we may put on shorts. This is just a podunk country public course. No locker room. If you want to change, its either in your car or in the bathroom. Jeans are very common on the course in my area.  Lots of guys are still wearing their denim shirts or uniform shirts with their name on it. Nobody cares.

You're not a real golfer if you're 50 yards from the green and you overshoot it past the back of the green and then on the very next attempt you overshoot it past the front of the green.

Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!