IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate playing nine.  I only play nine if it's holes 19-27.

I hate playing nine also, it just feels like a tease to me.  Playing in the league was just an opportunity for a little more golf each week, not a substitute for my other (18 hole) rounds.  I'll take every bit of golf I can get, even if it is only 9 holes - but if I have a choice, I'm playing 18.

One of the reasons the league was only 9 holes is that for afternoon tee times here in the summer, you're looking at temperatures between 110-120 degrees.  It was routinely 114-118 degrees at tee time from July through early September.  Not many golfers will stick out 18 holes in that heat, but 9 is bearable for them.  A few of my buddies and I have been known to tee it up for 18 holes midday when the starting temp was 119 degrees (and got up to 124 by the time we finished), but a league of 4-6 golfers wouldn't be much of a league. :-) Playing 18 holes in that kind of heat is pretty draining.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you don't play 9 holes after work, I'd say you're a non-golfing weekend warrior.

Yep, that's me...       Although I do play a 9 hole "mixer" on Fridays.  It's a quick 9 hole best ball tournament for $20...  does that count?

I still think I'm a weekend warrior lol...  proud of it too!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

If you drink to get smashed every time you are on a golf course, you're a non-golfer.

• Upvote 1

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

If you drink to get smashed every time you are on a golf course, you're a non-golfer.

I would say you are an alcoholic more than a non-golfer.

Then again some of us loosen up after a few too many!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Getting smashed on the golf course in the summer time is a bit too rough.

Now a bit of whiskey when its really cold is different.

• Upvote 1

Getting smashed on the golf course in the summer time is a bit too rough. Now a bit of whiskey when its really cold is different.

QFT. I rarely drink beer when golfing but I agree with whisky in the fall!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm calling you a non-golfer...if at anytime you have driven by a golf course and yelled Fore!
  • Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by PooN

I would say you are an alcoholic more than a non-golfer.

Then again some of us loosen up after a few too many!

Well, some people do refer to alcohol as "Swing lube" or "Swing oil". :-)

I'm not averse to having a couple beers while playing - but much more than that and my game starts going downhill quickly.

Mac

WITB:

Any golfer that requires a "Swing Lube"...........is a non golfer.

In no way under any circumstances, is being under the influence of drugs or alcohol going to improve ones golf game!!   This game is tough enough to play well sober, let alone with a buzz!!!!!!    Those who believe they play better "IMPAIRED".....don't know about what they speak.  They're just drunks......I suppose.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

In no way under any circumstances, is being under the influence of drugs or alcohol going to improve ones golf game!!   This game is tough enough to play well sober, let alone with a buzz!!!!!!    Those who believe they play better "IMPAIRED".....don't know about what they speak.  They're just drunks......I suppose.

I know a guy that drinks 6 beers per 9 and stays well "lubed". He shoots a 1 over Consistently and takes the game seriously. I would say that everyone's approach is different, if your more concerned about the beer than the golf, that differentiates you from being a golfer and a drinker!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

When it comes to substances, everyone is unique. Certainly most people don't benefit from drinking alcohol, but some people are alcoholics who need to drink in order to feel normal. For that person, drinking probably would improve their game (at least in the short term).

Nobody would say that smoking cigarettes leads to better golf in general, but I know for a fact that it helps me settle down after a bad hole.

Then again, I'm a non-golfer per this thread at least 10 times over.

• Upvote 1

When it comes to substances, everyone is unique. Certainly most people don't benefit from drinking alcohol, but some people are alcoholics who need to drink in order to feel normal. For that person, drinking probably would improve their game (at least in the short term).  Nobody would say that smoking cigarettes leads to better golf in general, but I know for a fact that it helps me settle down after a bad hole. Then again, I'm a non-golfer per this thread at least 10 times over.

True, not everyone is affected the same way by substances. Some people are a mess when they're drunk, I just get awesomer.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

True, not everyone is affected the same way by substances. Some people are a mess when they're drunk, I just get awesomer.

"Awesomer". Definitely going need to add that to the vocab. Actually can't wait to break it out now. Thanks.

"Awesomer". Definitely going need to add that to the vocab. Actually can't wait to break it out now. Thanks.

I want to print that up on the back of all my golf polo shirts.

So when I am on the course everyone back at the Tee Box will know whats up!

" awesomer"!!!!!!!!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I know a guy that drinks 6 beers per 9 and stays well "lubed". He shoots a 1 over Consistently and takes the game seriously. I would say that everyone's approach is different, if your more concerned about the beer than the golf, that differentiates you from being a golfer and a drinker!

Then again, I played with one golfer recently who kept drinking, got completely wasted, and was hitting 12 - 15 shots per hole by the time we got to hole #12 or #13.   He was slowing down the group & putting multiple balls in tall grass/OB/hazard areas but insisting on kept playing.   His partner has to keep telling him to "pick up" the ball and move on.    I was feeling really uncomfortable ( I grew up with a family member whose behavior was very unpredictable when he was drunk) with all that drunken behavior but the guy was oblivious of his environment.

Moderate drinking - ok (I don't drink in the course, period.)    Getting drunk while playing golf?   He's a non-golfer for sure.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Moderate drinking - ok (I don't drink in the course, period.)    Getting drunk while playing golf?   He's a non-golfer for sure.

A guy I occasionally golf with plays off a 2 handicap.  He played college golf at a D1 school and can shoot low/mid 70s whether he's stone cold sober or falling down drunk (I've seen both).  He's definitely a drunk and most likely an alcoholic, but I'd have a hard time calling him a non-golfer.  But then again, most of the "non-golfer" talk on this thread is based upon individual pet peeves and doesn't amount to a hill of beans anyway.  A stranger on the internet calling you out as a non-golfer for whatever inane reason shouldn't matter much to anybody.

• Upvote 2

Mac

WITB:

Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!