IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="Fourputt" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/396#post_1204023"]   I'm calling you out as a non golfer if you can't accept other players as they are rather than as you would have them be.   Educate, don't castigate.   [/QUOTE] Good one! Yes most of these would be better titled: "things that annoy you about  other golfers".

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I'm calling you out as a non golfer if you can't accept other players as they are rather than as you would have them be.

Educate, don't castigate.

I would add, "encourage" to that as well. Nice post Rick.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If............."Whats the Rush?" is the first thing that comes to your mind when reading all the "pace of play" threads.....................you might be a non-golfer!!

I can't believe that this thread is turning into this, actually, I can believe it, I am just a little sad about it.

If a thread poking fun at non-golfers get under your skin..........................

You might be a non-golfer!  HEH :-P

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If a thread poking fun at non-golfers get under your skin..........................

You might be a non-golfer!  HEH

I don't let it get under my skin...

I know you're "kind of a ...", and I have forgiven your self confessed fault! :-D

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if the 15th club in your bag is one of these..............

No real golfer carries one of these...LOL

Real golfers like to keep their original ball in play which is why real golfers use a retriever.

Real golfers like to keep their original ball in play which is why real golfers use a retriever.

Niiiice.....I imagine this is an early post in this thread!!   Thanks for digging back into the archives and reading!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Niiiice.....I imagine this is an early post in this thread!!   Thanks for digging back into the archives and reading!

One of the earliest. Your first post was one of the few I agreed with. Stopping for a sit down meal seams pretty silly.

I don't know if its been said before because I didn't read all 24 pages, but if you have a chipper in your bag your a non golfer.

Maybe so, but you'll score better and beat a lot of so called "golfers" who're more concerned with what's in their bag, than how they score. ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Maybe so, but you'll score better and beat a lot of so called "golfers" who're more concerned with what's in their bag, than how they score.

Bit touchy about the subject eh... I think we know someone with a chipper. :-P Why anyone would waist a spot on that :hmm:

Bit touchy about the subject eh... I think we know someone with a chipper. :-P

Actually, no. But if you do a search, you'll find that I'm a big proponent of them for many mid-hcp, and virtually all high-hcp players. I've known solid single-digit players to use them with devastating effect. [quote name="Jon Hoover" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/414#post_1204758"]   Why anyone would waist a spot on that :hmm: [/quote] For the same reason any club would be in someone's bag. To improve their score. Unfortunately, for many, ego tends to get in the way.

In David's bag....

Actually, no. But if you do a search, you'll find that I'm a big proponent of them for many mid-hcp, and virtually all high-hcp players. I've known solid single-digit players to use them with devastating effect.

For the same reason any club would be in someone's bag. To improve their score.

Unfortunately, for many, ego tends to get in the way.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Actually, no. But if you do a search, you'll find that I'm a big proponent of them for many mid-hcp, and virtually all high-hcp players. I've known solid single-digit players to use them with devastating effect.
For the same reason any club would be in someone's bag. To improve their score.

Unfortunately, for many, ego tends to get in the way.

14 isn't enough room for all the normal clubs I want already, to waist a slot on a club exclusively for chipping is a waist in my eyes, plus the players that are the best at chipping use a wide verity of clubs to chip sometimes you need more loft sometimes you want it to roll more just to many factors to just limit to one club in one lie position IMO. You'd never see a pro with a chipper in their bag. This is an ask a pro question on another site.

Quote:

Question:

I use a chipper club and it takes a lot of strokes off my game. My daughter is taking lessons and the golf pro doesn't want her using a chipper. You don't see pros on TV using a chipper, how come when they are such an easy club to hit? Should I allow my daughter to use a chipper or not?

William

Answer:

Hi William,

Though you may have gotten used to the club over time and, therefore, have developed a feel for it, it's not a very versatile club because you can't really play any other shots with it. An iron, on the other hand, can also perform many other shots in addition to playing chip shots effectively.

Those chippers are basically just like 7 irons with very shallow faces and putter grips, for the most part (and, in fact, some of them are not allowed within the rules -- see this previous post on chippers). So I would recommend using an iron (6 or 7 iron is a common choice for the low running chip shots) instead of a chipper.

Imagine that she is advocating for a Lopez chipper... and all the people on all the infomercials use their products too... :doh: The comments from people on youtube about that video are priceless.

14 isn't enough room for all the normal clubs I want already, to waist a slot on a club exclusively for chipping is a waist in my eyes, plus the players that are the best at chipping use a wide verity of clubs to chip sometimes you need more loft sometimes you want it to roll more just to many factors to just limit to one club in one lie position IMO. You'd never see a pro with a chipper in their bag. This is an ask a pro question on another site.

Note that I said mid- high hcp golfers. Many of whom try to over complicate things that could most often be done more simply, and effectively. When someone is only hitting 1 or 2 greens every round, that chipper will tend to get more use than any other club in the bag other than the putter and driver. [quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/414#post_1204771"] [/quote] Yup. Note, Nancy says she doesn't use one "because she doesn't miss greens". Most of us can't say that! :-( Watch the average mid-handicapper (who wishes he had room for more clubs in his bag ;-). ) try to decide whether to chip with his 7 or 8 iron, or one of his 4 wedges....and then either run the ball well past the hole or leave it well short because he makes inconsistent contact and can't judge spin and subsequent distance. Let's not even talk about the flubs and blades from fluffy or thin lies.... But, as I said, ego gets in the way a lot of times.

In David's bag....

Ego gets in the way of a lot of things with the male golfer, playing too far back, whaling away, attempting ridiculously difficult shots around the green, using equipment ill suited to their skill level, could list hundreds of things.

Dave :-)

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if... Your name is @BuckeyeNut and you use threads like this to pick at people while constantly griping in the What Did You Shoot thread that people do not post the rating and slope. Because who cares besides the person posting it?-You are not supposed to respond in that thread anyway.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!