IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 isn't enough room for all the normal clubs I want already, to waist a slot on a club exclusively for chipping is a waist in my eyes, plus the players that are the best at chipping use a wide verity of clubs to chip sometimes you need more loft sometimes you want it to roll more just to many factors to just limit to one club in one lie position IMO. You'd never see a pro with a chipper in their bag. This is an ask a pro question on another site.

Even if you're comment wasn't defiantly short-sided it makes a mute point when you're grammar isn't well.

• Upvote 2

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if...

Your name is @BuckeyeNut and you use threads like this to pick at people while constantly griping in the What Did You Shoot thread that people do not post the rating and slope.

Because who cares besides the person posting it?-You are not supposed to respond in that thread anyway.

:-D

lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if...

Your name is @BuckeyeNut and you use threads like this to pick at people while constantly griping in the What Did You Shoot thread that people do not post the rating and slope.

Because who cares besides the person posting it?-You are not supposed to respond in that thread anyway.

Yeah but he can read it and get a better understanding on just how good or bad a players round was, I see posts in that thread of people all stoked over breaking 80 but it's on a 68.4 rated course at 124 slope and they go on like this is a break through to being a consistent 70's shooter or something when in reality that 79 would  be an 84 at a 72.8 rated course at 131 slope ( both rated at 9.7) he just probably wants to see people to stop trying to not only con themselves but those reading the posts as well.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note that I said mid- high hcp golfers. Many of whom try to over complicate things that could most often be done more simply, and effectively. When someone is only hitting 1 or 2 greens every round, that chipper will tend to get more use than any other club in the bag other than the putter and driver. Yup. Note, Nancy says she doesn't use one "because she doesn't miss greens". Most of us can't say that! :-( Watch the average mid-handicapper (who wishes he had room for more clubs in his bag ;-). ) try to decide whether to chip with his 7 or 8 iron, or one of his 4 wedges....and then either run the ball well past the hole or leave it well short because he makes inconsistent contact and can't judge spin and subsequent distance. Let's not even talk about the flubs and blades from fluffy or thin lies.... But, as I said, ego gets in the way a lot of times.

God bless if it works for you. I'm fine with a de-lofted gap wedge.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Yeah but he can read it and get a better understanding on just how good or bad a players round was, I see posts in that thread of people all stoked over breaking 80 but it's on a 68.4 rated course at 124 slope and they go on like this is a break through to being a consistent 70's shooter or something when in reality that 79 would  be an 84 at a 72.8 rated course at 131 slope ( both rated at 9.7) he just probably wants to see people to stop trying to not only con themselves but those reading the posts as well.

It doesn't matter what the rating of the course is. If they are stoked to break 80 on that course it means that's a good score to them, which is all that matters.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

If you don't have head covers for your woods

I rarely cover my putter, driver or 3 wood. They are the 2 oldest clubs (driver & 3W) I have. My driver and putter arethe most used clubs I have.

My thought is if they get too beat up I will have to buy new ones.

At least this is the rationalization I use to get it past SWMBO!

So what if they shot well on a course with a "what ever" rating & slope. They still shot the score.

Are we going to start looking down on people for not playing the tips? What about the senior tees? What if a 68.4 rated course if the only one they have in the area?

This is more of the elitist, anti-inclusionary attitude that gives golf and golfers a bad rep!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF

you don't play or never have played any kind of golf

that's about it -

• Upvote 1

Bill - 

God bless if it works for you. I'm fine with a de-lofted gap wedge.

The average 21 hcp hits very few, if any greens, but still very seldom 1 putts, even though they're chipping from fairly close to the green quite a bit. In all likelihood, you're not as "fine with a de-lofted gap wedge" as you might think. ;-) Regardless, I know that I'm one of the few voices in the wildness when it comes to using a chipper. Certainly in recommending them to relatively serious players, but I've learned to live with that! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If his only concern is differential it doesn't matter because it's 1:1. Has to be one or the other and if that golfer is consistently breaking 80 at that course they are shooting in the 70's. And I doubt that golfer is just barely getting under 80 all the time, there is likely a good 8-10 stroke variation in their best to worst scores. The guy shooting 79 on a course rated 68 likely has some scores lower than that. I agree with Phil.

Dave :-)

I've gotten into the habit of copping to whatever the CR is of the course when I post about a round. I play both easier courses and tougher courses and it does provide something of a record. That said, I'm not afraid to get excited when my hacker butt produces a decent score on the easier course. Actually, I just had a personal best on a course that is a 68.8. It doesn't matter that it is one of the easier courses I play. I've played it enough times and not come anywhere near that.

The average 21 hcp hits very few, if any greens, but still very seldom 1 putts, even though they're chipping from fairly close to the green quite a bit. In all likelihood, you're not as "fine with a de-lofted gap wedge" as you might think. ;-) Regardless, I know that I'm one of the few voices in the wildness when it comes to using a chipper. Certainly in recommending them to relatively serious players, but I've learned to live with that! :-)

I just don't see that benefit. I wouldn't use it out of any rough and if it's in the fringe or in some fairway off the green, I'd just as soon putt as hit the chipper. Like maybe if I was up against the rough on the fringe, but that's too specialized a use to justify replacing a more versatile club.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

CR doesn't matter if you travel well. Last year I played a bunch of different courses. The only thing that mattered is whether or not I was hitting the ball well that day. There is so much variance in how I play the chance I'll play good or bad on any course is always there. Some of my best scores were on the higher rated course. There is a local course here people are always talking about as being very difficult. It just looks good to me and I never play bad there. Likewise there is a short private course I play with a low rating and the members bitch about it in an attempt to get the board to remodel it. I play horrible there because it's a tight park style course and I find myself in the trees often. Rated the same as easier courses I play and I've never broken 85 there.

Part 2, I don't think higher handicappers need chippers but most don't keep the ball on the ground enough around the greens. Out comes the most lofted wedge and they hit some funky high shot. Even short side better to chip it low and keep it on the green than attempt something difficult that may result in another chip or one bladed over. Even then the problems start further back. It's usually a desperate attempt to "save" something because they were in trouble off the tee.

Dave :-)

If your shorts have have cargo pockets...

In my Stand Bag:
Driver: 910 D2 9.5*- Stiff Ahina
3W: Snake Eyes

7W: Snake Eyes (IDK why i love this club)
Irons: 690.MB 3i-PW Stiff
Wedges: CG12 54*, Form Forged 900 60*

Putter: Versa White #1

Ball: Pro V1x *used and cheap/free*

I'd expect that kind of dress from a Foreigner............LOL ....and a German to boot!

:beer:

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 4 weeks later...

Non golfers are people who don't know how to use a cart correctly, it's really meant to carry your golf bag not your lazy ass to every corner of the course. What really drives me up the wall is after finishing we have to wait for them to put away all the clubs and write down scores so they can get the hell out of the way and to the next tee.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

You're ripping guys who get excited about breaking 80 on a course rated 68.4 or something similar, but the reality is that very few of us play courses such as what you describe (72.8 rating, 131 slope) on a regular basis. Maybe you or I wouldn't be happy about a 79 on a 68.4 rated layout, but why do you feel the need to rain on someone's parade? Hey, none of us should be judging the merits of someone else's rounds. If they're thrilled, I'm happy for them. You should be, too.

I hold a course record on a course that's par 70 with a 70.0 rating and a 127 slope. Should I be embarrassed because the rating and slope don't meet your standards? 

• Upvote 3

Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!