IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You aren't a real golfer if you don't cringe when someone calls a putter a "flatstick".

I've heard this term in the last 6 months. So, what's the story behind the need to cringe?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're not a real golfer if you don't yell fore if your ball has any remote possibility of hitting someone. You're not a real golfer if you've never hit yourself in the face with water and/or mud during a shot because taking a drop is unacceptable.

James

You're not a real golfer if you think "inside the leather" is measure from the putter head. I've had to correct a few people on that. You're not a real golfer if you roll your ball in the fairway. You're not a real golfer if you have never lost a club in a tree. Been there. You're not a real golfer if you have never thrown your driver farther than your drive. Done that too. You're not a real golfer if you don't know the meaning of "there's still some meat on that bone". BTW, I treat OB like "Ground Under Repair" :-D

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/126#post_1061494"] I've heard this term in the last 6 months. So, what's the story behind the need to cringe? [/quote] The word "putter" is perfectly adequate and needs no substitute.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Those are good ones. I'll add one, you're a non-golfer if you think your mental game is holding you back from being a scratch golfer.

My mental game is holding me back from being scratch. "Haven't hit a good drive all day? Sure I should go for this 280yd carry with the wind in my face..." Unfortunately it's only one of several things... How about if you "repair" your ball mark by lifting up from underneath it?

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

If you park a golf cart just off the fringe of the green......................I am accusing you of being a non-golfer!! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/99586/] [/URL] Driving the cart into any areas where you know you shouldn't is a no-no!!   If by chance you don't know cart rules.........you are a non-golfer!!!

Hey! This is a photo of mine in Spain! Firstly, I wasn't driving that cart, he is a friend, and secondly that was the safest/quickest route to next hole, although I agree he should have parked further past! He'll be devastated if you call him a non golfer, he's a walking rule book with a degree in etiquette! I'll have to show him this!

Gaz Lee

when asking someone what their handicap is and they respond 'my swing', you don't roll your eyes because you've heard it a thousand times.

Rob - London, England

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 Driver

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 3 Hybrid

:nike: VRS Forged Irons

:titleist: Pro V1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I've heard this term in the last 6 months. So, what's the story behind the need to cringe?

The word "putter" is perfectly adequate and needs no substitute.

There has to be some cool Aussie slang terms for golf clubs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You aren't a real golfer if you don't cringe when someone calls a putter a "flatstick".

And the actual material notwithstanding, it's still a freaking 3- wood....... !

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You're not a real golfer if you have never lost a club in a tree. Been there.

Oh damn!!!!  i've done that!  Odyssey 2Ball putter, threw it in rage at a tree, never came down.

Colin P.

Oh damn!!!!  i've done that!  Odyssey 2Ball putter, threw it in rage at a tree, never came down.

I've never thrown a club (and have already indicated I'm not a "golfer") but I did climb up in the top of a tree last year to retrieve a 3 iron left there by a guy in our group.

I'm a much better climber than I am a golfer. ;-)

He threw it up there and quit in the middle of the round. I didn't know if he would ever be back but he got over his fit a few weeks later and got his club back.

Yeah that's right, Rory McIlroy isn't a real golfer.

That's a real problem. Had he been using ProV1s he had a good chance to win a major or even two this year. BTW he also needs to switch to ROLEX if he wants to even dream of being in the HOF.

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

The word "putter" is perfectly adequate and needs no substitute.

LOL, yeah. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That's a real problem. Had he been using ProV1s he had a good chance to win a major or even two this year. BTW he also needs to switch to ROLEX if he wants to even dream of being in the HOF.

Damn amateur!

You're not a real golfer if you have never lost a club in a tree. Been there.

[quote name="colin007" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/126#post_1061613"] Oh damn!!!!  i've done that!  Odyssey 2Ball putter, threw it in rage at a tree, never came down. [/quote] [quote name="MS256" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/126#post_1061616"]I've never thrown a club (and have already indicated I'm not a "golfer") but I did climb up in the top of a tree last year to retrieve a 3 iron left there by a guy in our group. I'm a much better climber than I am a golfer. ;-) He threw it up there and quit in the middle of the round. I didn't know if he would ever be back but he got over his fit a few weeks later and got his club back. [/quote] Corollary... You're not a real golfer if you have never lost a club in a tree while trying to retrieve another club in a tree. BTW, a good use for a ball retriever / club retriever. :-P

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Your not a real golfer if you have any difficulty answering this question: Sex or golf?

Why "or". I've combined the two on a couple of occasions in my ill begotten youth.

Why "or". I've combined the two on a couple of occasions in my ill begotten youth.

Remind me never to borrow your clubs.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!