IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut

Note: This thread is 2140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit driver on a par-3 about 6 months ago. Tees back, pin back. 210 into a screaming wind. Didn't really hold back either....probably played about 235. Hit it to12 feet. Promptly missed the putt! :doh:

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really? Well the #13 hole at my home course measures 224 from the tips with winds in excess of 30mph in the afternoon with a giant bunker in front, in fact I have had to hit driver from the next tees at 209 when that wind is up, I can carry a driver right around 250 yards and have seen numerous others hit driver on this hole.

These yardages are from the middle tees rated 72.6 slope 135

http://fairwaystogreens.com/roddy-ranch-golf-club-antioch-california/

Wow...this thread has really taken off!!  I love it!!

I plan to add fuel to the fire....I am calling you out as a non-golfer if you claim to be a dedicated golfer, but only play a few dozen times a year because you don't have the time.   I call BS on this.....you are a non-golfer!!  Many of us dedicated golfers lead busy lives too, but we manage to work it into our schedule one way or another.

IMO.....a real golfer plays 'at least' twice a week as a bare minimum!!

NEXT..................

Wow...this thread has really taken off!!  I love it!!

I plan to add fuel to the fire....I am calling you out as a non-golfer if you claim to be a dedicated golfer, but only play a few dozen times a year because you don't have the time.   I call BS on this.....you are a non-golfer!!  Many of us dedicated golfers lead busy lives too, but we manage to work it into our schedule one way or another.

IMO.....a real golfer plays 'at least' twice a week as a bare minimum!!

NEXT..................

Aw come on, I think I'm at 47 rounds this year but I also practice at least 3 times a week so that should count for something.

Plus you know I only play tough courses. ;-)

I watch seniors golfers weekly with an aggregate of 120 years experience in this sport within my foursome use drivers on 190 yard forced carries. Then they usually putt for the birdie, while I'm scrambling from the next fairway.

OK, I admit I am not a real golfer.

In fact, I am pretty sure my Work/Golf balance thread inspired this one. Bucky said there that it was "fishy" that anybody would play less than 36 holes a week, bare minimum.

I have been to the range six times in the past week, played 18 holes last Sunday, and plan to play another 18 this Sunday, Saturday too, I am hoping, and if I could get anybody to ditch work with me, I would play more. But that makes me a golf layabout.

Range time is irrelevant to being a real golfer........LOL    Being a real golfer boils down to how much you PLAY ;-)

IE>...ranger rick who hits 10 large buckets a week, but plays golf once a week is not a real golfer!!   Just sayin'............he's a range rat!! Hehe...

OK, I admit I am not a real golfer.   In fact, I am pretty sure my Work/Golf balance thread inspired this one. Bucky said there that it was "fishy" that anybody would play less than 36 holes a week, bare minimum. I have been to the range six times in the past week , played 18 holes last Sunday, and plan to play another 18 this Sunday, Saturday too, I am hoping, and if I could get anybody to ditch work with me, I would play more. But that makes me a golf layabout.

It doesn't take any more time to play 9 holes of golf than it does to hit a large bucket at the range. Or at least it shouldn't...... ;-)

List of Reasons why I'm not a golfer:

"if you talk about *anything* other than what's happening right now . .you're not a golfer" (So during a 5 hour round waiting on people, am I supposed to talk about my last iron shot for 7 minutes? )

"You have to count all your shots after you've putted out" (On bad holes, I may need a calculator...)

"if you putt with your glove on.  ugh.  looks doofish." (I do this occasionally if I'm putting like crap anyway)

"I'm not sure you can be a golfer if you don't have at least one superstition that a non-golfer would find nuts." (No superstitions here)

No - while you're waiting you're supposed to complain about slow play.

Your not a real golfer if you cannot quote one line from Caddyshack or Tin Cup.  "Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch."

I don't know about anyone else here, but I can't play nine holes. I can't remember the last time I did. I've even gone to the course on weekday mornings intending to play nine and ended up very late to work because I can't stop at the turn. It's like having sex but not finishing. Golf is supposed to be 18 holes!!

Note: This thread is 2140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!