IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You are not a real golfer unless you have a hazmat suit so you can play during epidemics.

I may need to get one of those soon. Maybe I'll wait till the new like version comes out. On a more serious matter, don't you lose tons of free power of you keep your head down, ASSUMING you are able to hit the ball. I guess side to side is important but you still want to shift weight back a touch with the driver and through wit. The rest of the clubs.

[quote name="trickyputt" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/200_100#post_1065336"]You are not a real golfer unless you have a hazmat suit so you can play during epidemics.

I may need to get one of those soon. Maybe I'll wait till the new like version comes out. On a more serious matter, don't you lose tons of free power of you keep your head down, ASSUMING you are able to hit the ball. I guess side to side is important but you still want to shift weight back a touch with the driver and through wit. The rest of the clubs.[/quote]If I have a problem with my suit, I have every confidence that TST contains a solution!

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

If I have a problem with my suit, I have every confidence that TST contains a solution!

You can fix your hazmat suit with duct tape.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard that the halo around Pro V1s also protects against ebola.

You must mean e-ball-a? :-D

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if you believe that under any circumstance...................that losing a golf ball anywhere on the course including "environmentally sensitive" areas.........warrants a free drop according to the rules of golf. (local or otherwise)

Hahaha

I read the above comment in another thread, and I darn near choked on my beverage!! :-D

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Never pushed an evening round or a range session until you could see the occasional spark as you took a divot.

:beer: My friends and I all installed lights on our golf carts so we could keep playing after dark. (No joke). :-D

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if you believe that under any circumstance...................that losing a golf ball anywhere on the course including "environmentally sensitive" areas.........warrants a free drop according to the rules of golf. (local or otherwise)

Hahaha

I read the above comment in another thread, and I darn near choked on my beverage!!

You might want to check ROG Appendix 1, and then 25-1b and 25-1c. :doh:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if you believe that under any circumstance...................that losing a golf ball anywhere on the course including "environmentally sensitive" areas.........warrants a free drop according to the rules of golf. (local or otherwise)

Hahaha

I read the above comment in another thread, and I darn near choked on my beverage!!

What I'm wondering (and I was wondering this when I lost 8 balls into ESA areas at Coyote Creek) is how they get all the balls out of these areas to protect whatever it is that they are protecting? I figured at least 100 other people lost balls into the same areas that I lost per week, so that might be 800 balls per week? or 41,600 golf balls per year?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

What I'm wondering (and I was wondering this when I lost 8 balls into ESA areas at Coyote Creek) is how they get all the balls out of these areas to protect whatever it is that they are protecting? I figured at least 100 other people lost balls into the same areas that I lost per week, so that might be 800 balls per week? or 41,600 golf balls per year?

LOL. That's a good question. What if all of the golf balls damage whatever they are trying to protect?

Surely they can't just leave them there piling up in an "environmentally protected area". ;-)

I'm glad nothing around here is protected.

You might want to check ROG Appendix 1, and then 25-1b and 25-1c.

Playing a tourney.............Yea sure.....................I hit a foul ball into the marsh............................YAY!!.....I get a free drop!!.............................NOT

You are full of crap dude..... "bad areas you don't want to go/environmental areas" ........are clearly marked with RED or WHITE stakes and lines!  LOL............what planet do you live on? These are clearly defined hazards.........LOL

You sir are a non-golfer because you are removed from REALITY...............the reality of what it means to hit your golf ball "OFF THE COURSE"................into a 'so called'.............bullsh!t environmental protected area!!   If you were a real golfer, you'd know these areas are clearly marked hazards on each and every course.

What's in Paul's Bag:

IMO...................getting to a single digit HC should be easy.

My 2 keys to success:

1. stop duffing/wasting shots from tee to green

2.  Stop blading/duffing shots around the green.

This Is a very low standard.............

Being modestly proficient from tee to green and NOT duffing/blading/wasting shots around the green is all that is necessary.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

...You are full of crap dude..... "bad areas you don't want to go/environmental areas" ........are clearly marked with RED or WHITE stakes and lines!  LOL............what planet do you live on? These are clearly defined hazards.........LOL

You sir are a non-golfer because you are removed from REALITY...............the reality of what it means to hit your golf ball "OFF THE COURSE"................into a 'so called'.............bullsh!t environmental protected area!!   If you were a real golfer, you'd know these areas are clearly marked hazards on each and every course.

Please see ESA as GUR .

I could call you out as a non-golfer for your ungentlemanly behavior, but unfortunately that lack of civility seems rampant in some golf circles.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

IMO...................getting to a single digit HC should be easy. My 2 keys to success: 1. stop duffing/wasting shots from tee to green 2.  Stop blading/duffing shots around the green. This Is a very low standard............. Being modestly proficient from tee to green and NOT duffing/blading/wasting shots around the green is all that is necessary.

Yeah, and it seems to take only on or two holes where this happens to shoot high. :-(

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
Please see ESA as GUR.

I could call you out as a non-golfer for your ungentlemanly behavior, but unfortunately that lack of civility seems rampant in some golf circles.

Adding this here as it is relevant.

P.S.  @BuckeyeNut, you need to read this thread and then realize you owe a couple of people (specifically @Meisce and @CR McDivot) a pretty big apology.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've got a handful or two of these, some just make me smile but some can be annoying, just not to the point of saying something (well, at least most of the time)

I'm calling you out as a non-golfer if

-you don't know the difference between a chip and a pitch, as in saying "nice chip" after a 25 yard lob over a sand trap that rolls out 2 feet

-you place your clubs in your carry bag with the long clubs at the bottom of your bag and the shorter clubs at the top of your bag (nearer the strap)

-you carry your bag backwards, with the clubs sticking out straight behind you

-you have a suction cup on the end of your putter (medical reasons excluded)

-you don't have a ball mark, and continue to try to use a tee for a ball mark instead, even when someone offers a coin ("that tee doesn't bother you, does it?" well, yeah, it does, it's only a foot away from the hole and you won't take a gimme)

-you carry one of those 50 uses-in-one golf cleaning tools clipped to your bag, and never use it either

-you slap a 6 inch putt around the hole 4 or 5 times, then pick it up and say you gave yourself the first one

-you call your clubs "bats"

-when you are asked to move your mark on the green, you move it the whole length of the putter

-you don't have any head covers, anywhere

-you say "where did my shot go?" more than once every other hole or so

-you would rather ride in a cart than use a caddie at a special, once in a lifetime type course (like Pebble Beach)

Funny thing is, it wasn't that much different from private clubs or public courses. Actually, I think the expensive ($100+) public courses are probably the worst. The cheaper munis seem to attract more golf rats that don't do this kind of stuff. Guess that makes me a golf rat!

Whew I feel better now.

Steve

Note: This thread is 3084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!