Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeNut

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

Note: This thread is 1436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

466 posts / 41888 viewsLast Reply

You have to count all your shots after you've putted out,

Have to argue with this one...I take great exception lol

Multiple duffs and penalty strokes for a 14 can require a recount :beer:

(If you mean having to count for double bogey or less...I agree)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Have to argue with this one...I take great exception lol

Multiple duffs and penalty strokes for a 14 can require a recount

(If you mean having to count for double bogey or less...I agree)

I'm gonna agree with you here!  A real golfer counts 'em all.......even if it takes awhile to do so! :beer:

I guess I'm not a real golfer... even though I try to rake bunkers and fix ball marks, and cringe every time my buddy drives the cart in the wrong spot, and I don't step on putt lines... but there are times when I drop a stroke on a hole and don't count it... normally it's because I've already reached double par and I figure it's already been bad enough, why make me feel worse. But then I guilt myself into counting that stroke when my round is over because I'm only cheating myself.

Us high handicappers sometimes need to take the shoes off to count all the strokes. Real golfers, yes. Real bad golfer, yeah.

Don't do it on the green however. I try to do the advanced math on the way to the next tee.

Your not a golfer if... [quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/30#post_1060717"] Have to argue with this one...I take great exception lol Multiple duffs and penalty strokes for a 14 can require a recount :beer: [/quote]

Us high handicappers sometimes need to take the shoes off to count all the strokes. Real golfers, yes. Real bad golfer, yeah.

Don't do it on the green however. I try to do the advanced math on the way to the next tee.

Great point......all real golfers are not necessarily good golfers.  And all good golfers, aren't necessarily real golfers. ;-)

Great point......all real golfers are not necessarily good golfers.  And all good golfers, aren't necessarily real golfers.   ;-)

True! I would define a "real" golfer to be someone who knows and displays the correct etiquette! And therefore... I'm almost a real a golfer!

Hey, you're not a golfer if you haven't gotten a double digit score on a par 4 before...

I made a 12 on a par-3 once......with NO PENALTY STROKES! :doh:

You carry your golf bag on your shoulder with the clubs pointing backward.

I was looking a Jones Sports bags.  They're bringing back the old-style, traditional carry bags.  But the product video shows a guy walking down the fairway carrying his back with the club heads going backwards.  So maybe it's not so wrong?

Anyways, my Jones Sports stand bag has been great.  I've had it for over 20 years now.  It still works fine except that the bottom pockets are falling off.  I was thinking about getting another one to replace it, but they only offer single strap bags.  I don't think I want to be that traditional.  Two straps makes carrying so much easier.

Hey, you're not a golfer if you haven't gotten a double digit score on a par 4 before...

I can assure you I have, more than a few times, although not for a while now, thank goodness! A 7 makes my blood boil nowadays, a think a 10 would put me in hospital!

not so serious - if you putt with your glove on.  ugh.  looks doofish.

serious - if you dont fix your ball marks.  i hate you.  die.

I'm not sure you can be a golfer if you don't have at least one superstition that a non-golfer would find nuts.

not so serious - if you putt with your glove on.  ugh.  looks doofish.

serious - if you dont fix your ball marks.  i hate you.  die.

Disagree.  It's bad enough that I have to putt over the guys ball mark ... now you're telling me I'm going to have to chip over his body?!?!?!

BTW, is there a single member of this thread that is a golfer anymore??  I would put good money on that answer being no.

Disagree.  It's bad enough that I have to putt over the guys ball mark ... now you're telling me I'm going to have to chip over his body?!?!?!

BTW, is there a single member of this thread that is a golfer anymore??  I would put good money on that answer being no.

I think I still am.....

.....but then, those that have seen my swing know otherwise! :8)

Note: This thread is 1436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!