IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you have had to re-gripped your ball retriever ... you might not be a "real" golfer ... :-)
  • Upvote 2

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I knew my aversion to removing my sweaty golf glove 18 times a  round would eventually lead to this ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If you don't spend most of your work day on thesandtrap.com no matter how many times they have threatened to fire you.

And I am still a real golfer since I switched to ProV1s about a month ago. That one almost got me. Not that I need a list to validate it. My wife and I went golfing yesterday in a light rain the entire round, CPO and we were the only ones on the course when we started and finished. After that I can't possilby lose my 'real golfer" card.

James

It rules out a considerable portion of the golfing world.  That's why I contend that if everybody is honest, we have all likely violated at least one of the "rules" already listed.

I talk about stuff other than golf during the round.  How can you not?

I've had to count all of my strokes in my head (and even using my finger to point ) occasionally.

I sometimes carry a big umbrella.

I sometimes dress snazzy - even with a purple sweater.

I frequently don't use ProV1's

I used to putt with my glove on.

And there are a few more I think I've violated as well, so at this point, it seems it's fair to say that I am, at best, maybe 63.4% of a real golfer.

63.4% is still pretty solid, you're a "real" golfer 3.11333 times out of 5 :-D .   I must have missed the no talking about anything other than golf part, because that definitely rules me out.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

If you play in sandals (flip-flops) ...

I've got my golf crocs on right now! [quote name="David in FL" url="/t/77399/i-am-calling-you-out-as-a-non-golfer-if/36#post_1060768"] I made a 12 on a par-3 once......with NO PENALTY STROKES!   :doh: [/quote] I think I want to hear this story. That's impressive.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

You're not a real golfer if you don't take off your shoes, socks and rollup your pants to hit that ball lying on that bed of pond scum mud in a hazard. Screw the mud from head to toe! And then play the rest of the hole barefoot. You're not a real golfer if you've never told a buddy to hold your beer while you putt.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

If you only go out when it's sunny and in the 70's.

In my neck of the woods that's about 330 days a year.  No reason to play if it's not sunny and in the 70's

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if the 15th club in your bag is one of these..............

No real golfer carries one of these...LOL

I thought golfing was just a great big easter egg hunt.

I'd say I'm 23.2% of a real golfer.  Just the shell - I play golf, but I'm empty inside.

63.4% is still pretty solid, you're a "real" golfer 3.11333 times out of 5  .

Do we need to set up an RGI (Real Golfer Index TM )?

It would be based on our behavior over the last 20 rounds, of course, taking our best behavior-laden rounds.  Probably need to set up a set of rules to allow for some deviations from place to place:  different courses would have different ratings (some things tolerated or not, based on the local social environment and setup of the course).

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

And of course, let's not even get started on the use of iron covers!

Winner!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Really have to laugh at some of these post and hope they are meant in jest.  Otherwise a lot of sanctimonious aholes here :-) .

Your a real golfer if you play as often as your schedule permits, follow the rules as best as you know how, and after the round can't wait to come back out and torture yourself again! :beer:

• Upvote 1

I'm definitely a non-golfer. I know a couple of golfers and can tell when I play with them that I don't qualify. They don't have many bad rounds and are usually around par or better.

I also ALWAYS have a ball retriever in my bag. I probably have retrieved other people's golf balls 20 to 1 over retrieving my own.

Note: I have also retrieved a few balls for the few "golfers" that I know since they never have a ball retriever in their bag. ;-)

Really have to laugh at some of these post and hope they are meant in jest.  Otherwise a lot of sanctimonious aholes here :-) . Your a real golfer if you play as often as your schedule permits, follow the rules as best as you know how, and after the round can't wait to come back out and torture yourself again! :beer:

Trust me, all in fun! But now, let's talk, 51 posts in 5 freaking years?! Stick around and join the fun! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if the 15th club in your bag is one of these..............

No real golfer carries one of these...LOL

I play with a 3 handicapper who carries one of these in his bag....he never holds up play. For three years now he supplies the guys in my league with whatever golf ball they're using...I haven't paid for a PRO V in so long I can't remember !...(I have on occasion finished a round of golf with him, and gone back to a long par 3 or 4 over water and fished out 400-500 balls)!!!

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

True confession time .... I too have a ball retriever, difference is it's the short 6' retractible type that fits in the pocket of my bag .... it remains in stealth mode until I see a pile of easter eggs with nobody around to harass me about using it

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

In my neck of the woods that's about 330 days a year. No reason to play if it's not sunny and in the 70's

I don't think "hate" is too strong a word when I think what it would be like to play golf year 'round (somehow, "envious" just doesn't cut it). Of course, the hatred is directed at my own decision to move up here.  Then again, there's nothing quite like having the entire course to myself when the weather isn't ideal.

Jon

... you won't play if it's below 50°F

Some of us can't, because it never really gets that cold. B-)

If you prefer the range, to an actual round of golf.....

Ooh. . .low blow to the range rats.

You carry your golf bag on your shoulder with the clubs pointing backward.

Laughed just thinking about this one.

I made a 12 on a par-3 once......with NO PENALTY STROKES!

Let me guess, you forgot every club but your putter?

Your a non golfer if you don't offer to let faster players play through.

So, true. If you're a real golfer you feel guilty just thinking about slowing anyone down.

I'm not sure you can be a golfer if you don't have at least one superstition that a non-golfer would find nuts.

Like rubbing your clubs at least 3 times with your lucky dirt strewn towel? :-$

Disagree.  It's bad enough that I have to putt over the guys ball mark ... now you're telling me I'm going to have to chip over his body?!?!?!

BTW, is there a single member of this thread that is a golfer anymore??  I would put good money on that answer being no.

No, because you bury his body in the bunker. Any real golfer knows that one. :-$

You arent a real golfer if your "real" bag isnt a little worn or dirty.

Or have writing on it saying things like "relax", "steady head", "swing naturally", "shift weight forward, not backwards", "elbows together". :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!