IGNORED

2014-2015 NHL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Calgary really needs to win tonight, Anaheim probably will sweep us if we don't it's going to be tough though... I think Bob Hartley who has made all the right moves, should start Ramo in net tonight, not as a form of punishing Hiller, but to throw a wrench in the preparation of Anaheim, and to motivate Hiller for game three... I've been a proponent of the two goalie system in the playoffs as well... Not that you don't want to ride the hot hand... But rather so the #1 doesn't fizzle out or take a bad game they had too hard...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Montreal hasn't helped themselves this game with all the penalties they've taken.

I really hope they can turn it around.  I'd like to see a series!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

The mighty Chicago Black Hawks win again and go 2-0 v. Minn Wild.  Can you spell S T A N L E Y outside Chicago?

Will post nice photo, as soon as my ignorance of web browser is dismissed.

Jonathan Toews, Captain of the Blackhawks, now age 27.  A great young player, with Canadian Provincial lake in his name, honoring his achievements.  How many golfers get onto Google Maps?  He knows just how heavy the Stanley Cup is, held it aloft a few times already in '09 and 2013.

Calgary is ****ed. So is Montreal. Goodbye Canadian teams. :~(

Calgary ain't dead yet... Ramo stood on his head last night to keep us in it, Andersen was just better... We need to get a couple early goals in game three, the series don't start until someone loses at home... The Habs on the other hand, FUBAR... Done stick a fork on them... If we lose one game at the Saddle, Anaheim in 5, if we win both at home. We can win the series... It really depends on if we can get some scoring, one goal in 2 games isn't going to get it done, though sometimes with the nature of hockey, you'll score 1 goal of two games, and split the two games...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

You can always count on the Rangers to make a mediocre goal look like Patrick Roy.

Well the problem is, your top scorer is basically the Tony Romo of hockey. :-P

The Caps look hungrier, to use the cliche, but really what's happening is the Rangers are cheating a bit in their defensive zone to spring some offence so it's not taking many forecheckers to get the job done for Washington.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well the problem is, your top scorer is basically the Tony Romo of hockey.

Oh, trust me, I know.  I said all season that it's all great that Nash is doing well during the regular season but if he doesn't do it in the playoffs, then he's not worth the money they're paying him.  It's great he back-checks, plays defense, and does other intangibles well, but as I said during last year's playoffs and this year's playoffs, he's getting paid to score goals in the playoffs and he's not doing that, therefore, he's been a bust.

The Caps look hungrier, to use the cliche, but really what's happening is the Rangers are cheating a bit in their defensive zone to spring some offence so it's not taking many forecheckers to get the job done for Washington.

I'm not sure if I'd say the Caps look hungrier.  I think guys like Kreider, Girardi, Moore, Brassard, and McDonagh are playing their asses off.  What's killing them, IMO, is

1. Even though they have gone through multiple head coaches and have had lots of players during that time period, their PP has sucked every year since Glen Sather was the head coach
  2. Two of their top three regular season goal scorers have been invisible.  Nash has one garbage time goal and MSL has 0 goals and 2 assists.
  3. They suck hard at face-offs.  Second to last in the regular season, second to last in the playoffs, and last of the teams remaining.

Christian

I'm not sure if I'd say the Caps look hungrier.  I think guys like Kreider, Girardi, Moore, Brassard, and McDonagh are playing their asses off.

I was commenting specifically to the last 10 minutes of the game. The Rangers had chances, but in their own zone the wingers weren't there a lot of time, just hanging out at the blue line waiting for an outlet pass.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I was commenting specifically to the last 10 minutes of the game. The Rangers had chances, but in their own zone the wingers weren't there a lot of time, just hanging out at the blue line waiting for an outlet pass.

Ahh, yeah, they were likely counting on their defensemen so as to set up a stretch pass. Either way, the Rangers are facing their first must win in the playoffs on Wednesday.

Christian

Either way, the Rangers are facing their first must win in the playoffs on Wednesday.

Maybe they're dying to dust off their golf clubs ;-) In other hockey-related news, the Devils have hired Ray Shero as their GM. File that under "didn't see that one coming."

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
In other hockey-related news, the Devils have hired Ray Shero as their GM. File that under "didn't see that one coming."

Ha! Enjoy!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

NHL is so freakin' bush league it's embarrassing. Just read Kerry "helmet hair" Fraser's write up on the Brandon Prust-Brad Watson affair. In the same article he preaches about how much integrity (barf) the refs have and how neutral they are and then immediately goes on to say that Prust has hurt his team because now the refs will all be out to get him! What the flaming **** is neutral and unbiased about that? FFS. They claim to try not to affect the outcome of games unless of course they see an opportunity to administer a little payback. Totally bush. Watson should be suspended and Colin Campbell should be fired. What ever happened to Stephane Auger? Google his retirement to get a good sniff of NHL's officiating problems.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

NHL is so freakin' bush league it's embarrassing. Just read Kerry "helmet hair" Fraser's write up on the Brandon Prust-Brad Watson affair. In the same article he preaches about how much integrity (barf) the refs have and how neutral they are and then immediately goes on to say that Prust has hurt his team because now the refs will all be out to get him! What the flaming **** is neutral and unbiased about that? FFS.

They claim to try not to affect the outcome of games unless of course they see an opportunity to administer a little payback. Totally bush. Watson should be suspended and Colin Campbell should be fired.

What ever happened to Stephane Auger? Google his retirement to get a good sniff of NHL's officiating problems.

Of course, Fraser is no longer an employee of the NHL. As a paid talking head, he's going to talk. There is even an element of truth about what he said. The Auger situation will probably ensure that the current crop of whistle-toters keep a low profile, but Prust probably won't get a lot of slack either.

NHL is so freakin' bush league it's embarrassing. Just read Kerry "helmet hair" Fraser's write up on the Brandon Prust-Brad Watson affair. In the same article he preaches about how much integrity (barf) the refs have and how neutral they are and then immediately goes on to say that Prust has hurt his team because now the refs will all be out to get him! What the flaming **** is neutral and unbiased about that? FFS. They claim to try not to affect the outcome of games unless of course they see an opportunity to administer a little payback. Totally bush. Watson should be suspended and Colin Campbell should be fired. What ever happened to Stephane Auger? Google his retirement to get a good sniff of NHL's officiating problems.

Link to write-up?

Christian

Of course, Fraser is no longer an employee of the NHL. As a paid talking head, he's going to talk. There is even an element of truth about what he said. The Auger situation will probably ensure that the current crop of whistle-toters keep a low profile, but Prust probably won't get a lot of slack either.

It's the element of truth that's the problem! [quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/77408/2014-2015-nhl-season/200_100#post_1138246"] Link to write-up?[/quote] http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-prust-violated-a-code-1.274732

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!