IGNORED

2014-2015 NHL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a little surprised that Winnipeg got swept. Anaheim might be the team to beat this year.

I wouldn't say I'm surprised to be honest. I'm more surprised they didn't get a single win at home with that crowd I'd say. Anaheim definitely is the team to beat this year, no doubt. Hopefully the flames put out the canucks tonight and off to Anaheim, that's going to be toughhhh.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm a little surprised that Winnipeg got swept. Anaheim might be the team to beat this year.

The West is too open to say that... You could in theory have a Calgary vs Minnesota Campbell Conference Championship... Minnesota has looked good in spots this playoffs, Calgary has looked great, and they bring the lunch bucket to every game... Unless the Canucks pull a 1994 (they were down 3 games to 1 then)... it will be a Ducks-Flames division final...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't say I'm surprised to be honest. I'm more surprised they didn't get a single win at home with that crowd I'd say. Anaheim definitely is the team to beat this year, no doubt. Hopefully the flames put out the canucks tonight and off to Anaheim, that's going to be toughhhh.

We can beat Anaheim it might take 7 but we can beat the Ducks...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

We can beat Anaheim it might take 7 but we can beat the Ducks...

Not if they played the way they did in the 2nd and 3rd period last night lol. But yes, Anaheim is beatable.. it`s going to be a 6 or 7 game series for sure.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Not if they played the way they did in the 2nd and 3rd period last night lol. But yes, Anaheim is beatable.. it`s going to be a 6 or 7 game series for sure.

The Miracle Flames of 2015 advance to the Division Finals against Anaheim with a 7-4 win in Game 6 Against Vancouver... Ottawa won on Thursday to force a game 6 at the Canadian Tire Centre... what would really surprise me is if they came all the way back... if Ottawa forces a game 7, Montreal is in deep deep trouble

What's in Shane's Bag?     

The Miracle Flames of 2015 advance to the Division Finals against Anaheim with a 7-4 win in Game 6 Against Vancouver... Ottawa won on Thursday to force a game 6 at the Canadian Tire Centre... what would really surprise me is if they came all the way back... if Ottawa forces a game 7, Montreal is in deep deep trouble

What an awesome friggin game! Down 3-0 in the first I thought we were toast.

What an awesome friggin game! Down 3-0 in the first I thought we were toast.

Ramo was awesome... Just what the Doctor ordered... if we woulda lost, I think we WERE toast..

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I've got to hand it to Ottawa. They left all they had on the table. But on the plus side, every round of the playoffs won is a better draft pick for Edmonton.

Corey

Goodness, did the Habs escape with one last night.

What amazed me the most was that no one even noticed Gallagher played the puck with a high stick on the goal. The first mention it got was by Milbury after the game. Of course, none of the Sens complained about it at the time either, so ... that's the breaks.

It all leaves me a bit nervous about the next round, but I'm just glad there's going to be another round.

Goodness, did the Habs escape with one last night. What amazed me the most was that no one even noticed Gallagher played the puck with a high stick on the goal. The first mention it got was by Milbury after the game. Of course, none of the Sens complained about it at the time either, so ... that's the breaks. It all leaves me a bit nervous about the next round, but I'm just glad there's going to be another round.

I had 2 grand on that series. To say I was a little tense during the final 3 minutes would be a bit of an understatement. My sphincter was so tight I'm surprised it didn't vanish completely. I did NOT want to see a game 7!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This isn't good. :-(

Quote:

Mats Zuccarello out indefinitely after taking puck to the head

If the Rangers make it to Mount Doom err … the Stanley Cup Final, they may have to do so without forward Mats Zuccarello . The team announced Monday that the Norwegian Hobbit Wizard is out indefinitely after taking a Ryan McDonagh slap shot to the head in Friday’s Game 5 clincher against Pittsburgh. The team called it an upper body injury.

I ask this question. Would Frodo have let a puck to the head prevent him from throwing the one ring to rule them all into the fires of Mount Doom? The answer to that question is probably not. But then again, Middle Earth doesn’t have the same type of head injury protocol as the league. Plus, this looked pretty bad.

It’s not like Zuccarello has been lighting up the playoffs with two points in five games. He had 13 points in 25 last year during the Rangers’ Cup Final run. But it’s that old line of thinking around this time of year that depth plays a key role in a march towards a championship. And Zuccarello has been on the Rangers’ first line. And you know what? It’s never good to lose a top-end guy in the postseason.

Per the New York Daily News:

Quote:

Seven players scored the Rangers’ 11 first-round goals.

“You can’t go anywhere in this league if you don’t have depth,” head coach Alain Vigneault said Friday. “You are going to get some players banged up now and then. You are going to need some guys to step in and play, and play important minutes and find ways to contribute. That’s just the way the NHL is. These playoffs are a battle of survival.”

But the good news for New York is that the Rangers said defenseman Kevin Klein is coming back form an arm injury that kept him out since March 11.

Injuries are a part of the game this time of year. It’s all about withstanding issues and then succeeding in spite of them. The Rangers are lucky they have a bunch of players like Zuccarello already in their lineup to lessen the blow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mats-zuccarello-out-indefinitely-after-taking-puck-to-the-head-174313285.html

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

This isn't good. :-( [URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mats-zuccarello-out-indefinitely-after-taking-puck-to-the-head-174313285.html]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mats-zuccarello-out-indefinitely-after-taking-puck-to-the-head-174313285.html[/URL]

It's good news for Capital fans.

Corey

• Administrator

No penalty? Why does NHL allow shots like this?

Because the NHL, as a league, sucks. The officiating is ****ing horrible . A local (to me) sportswriter says it in four words: "Best sport. Worst league."

He is having a hearing and will probably miss the last game of the series (which Detroit will lose): http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765539&navid;=nhl:topheads

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Because the NHL, as a league, sucks. The officiating is ****ing horrible . A local (to me) sportswriter says it in four words: "Best sport. Worst league."

He is having a hearing and will probably miss the last game of the series (which Detroit will lose): http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765539&navid;=nhl:topheads

Holy shit, I was just about to say almost the exact same thing.  That IS a penalty ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charging_%28ice_hockey%29

Note that even if you don't think it falls under the garden variety definition of the penalty, it does fall under the addendum:

Quote:
Any player who leaves their feet while delivering a body check is also found to be in violation of the charging rule and is subject to penalization.

P.S.  **** the Red Wings. :-P

Because the NHL, as a league, sucks. The officiating is ****ing horrible . A local (to me) sportswriter says it in four words: "Best sport. Worst league." He is having a hearing and will probably miss the last game of the series (which Detroit will lose): [URL=http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765539&navid;=nhl:topheads]http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=765539&navid;=nhl:topheads[/URL]

Word! NHL officiating is absolutely embarrassing. Zero consistency from one official to another and completely different "rules" depending on a teams placement leading into the playoffs and whole 'nother set of rules once the playoffs begin. Total mess that seriously threatens the integrity of the game.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!