Sign in to follow this  
RaCs

Titleist 714 AP1 and AP2 Combo Set

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 posts / 3056 viewsLast Reply

Hi guys, Just wondering whether anyone plays a combo set made up of AP1's and AP2's or knows of anyone who does? If so, would love to hear your views on this. For those that don't what do you think about a setup like this? e.g. 4,5,6 in AP1 and 7 to PW in AP2. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks!

I've seen combo sets like that in golf shops. Could be a great setup with the longer irons being high launch, forgiving SGI clubs and the shorter irons being more traditional players cavity. I play the AP2 and they're the best irons I've ever owned. Only concern would be possible odd distance gap between the 6 and 7 irons. The AP1s have strong lofts so there will only be a 2-deg loft gap between your 6 & 7 irons. The AP1 is designed to launch higher so it may cancel out for you specifically but I'd hit them both and consider altering the lofts a bit if you see an odd distance gap.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone plays a combo set made up of AP1's and AP2's or knows of anyone who does?

If so, would love to hear your views on this. For those that don't what do you think about a setup like this? e.g. 4,5,6 in AP1 and 7 to PW in AP2.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

I contemplated such a setup, particularly because of the lofts on the AP1s that called for the introduction of two gap wedges.  I discussed it with my fitter and tried hitting some AP2s with various shafts, but the AP1s were really performing better for me down to PW.  I didn't buy Titleist's gap wedges but filled the bottom of the bag with SCOR's.  Love the SCOR wedges for "wedge" shots, but sometimes wonder if I shouldn't swap the 48 for another AP1 for better full swing performance.

Bottom line was that the AP1s gave me more accuracy, no doubt because of the forgiveness factor mostly.  My suggestion is to stick with them rather than mixing AP2s in, but it's your money...

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this