IGNORED

Titleist AP2's for 15-18 handicappers

RaCs
Note: This thread is 2675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there I am a 15 handicap and I play with the AP 1 / 710 , I purchased them when the AP1 / 712 was launched I was a 24 at the time in 4 years I dropped to 15 ,a very forgiving club and a awesome feel ,tried my mates AP2 good feel a bit mire difficult I think and just my opinion 15 to 18 ,AP1 the way to go Cheers

Hi there I am a 15 handicap and I play with the AP 1 / 710 , I purchased them when the AP1 / 712 was launched I was a 24 at the time in 4 years I dropped to 15 ,a very forgiving club and a awesome feel ,tried my mates AP2 good feel a bit mire difficult

I think and just my opinion 15 to 18 ,AP1 the way to go

Cheers

I would think that even lower handicaps could use it as well?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
I had a titleist fitting two weeks ago, I currently game Titleist Ap1's though I am making the move to Ap2's. The fitter basically told me that the Ap1 vs Ap2 is basically size, feel and top line view. Both Ap1 and Ap2 offer great forgiveness compared to say the bladed MBs and are good enough for any golfer. The fitter was under no obligation to sell and I wasn't able to buy them there and then and was just able to obtain club specs for purchase.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi guys, I just wanted your views on the AP2's and whether they would suit players who have a handicap between 15-18? I have done a bit of research and spoken to a few people and have heard the following said more than once: 1. Purchase and play an iron that LOOKS and FEELS good to you however make sure you get fitted for the club. 2. If your ball striking is good and consistent then you will have no problems hitting the AP2 regardless of your handicap but any mishits will be punished by this club. My handicap is down to 16 now (don't know how to change it in my profile!) and I am more serious than ever about the game with my ultimate goal to get down to single figures! My ball striking I would say is good but my real strength lies in my short game which I feel is the most important part! I do struggle most of the tee but I am certainly not the worst! For my next set I would like to go AP1 or AP2 but for some reason the AP2 appeals way more to me! I have a fitting booked for Saturday and I can't wait to give both the AP1 and AP2 a go and deep down I really HOPE I can cope with the AP2 because if I can and the numbers show, its going to be a no brainer for me! Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

like others have said, it depends on your ballstriking ability and comfort at address. I'm a 7 handicap but lose most of my strokes with the putter. The AP2s are mildly forgiving and if you're getting to most greens in regulation and bleeding strokes around the greens then ballstriking isn't your problem and go for it. I have a mixed set (all forged) 3,4 CB / 5,6,7 MC / 8,9,W MB - MAKE SURE THE GAPPING IS CORRECT!! the lofts on AP1s are a degree stronger on a lot of clubs so the transition from AP1 to AP2 could have a large gap.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On Thursday, July 02, 2015 at 3:04 PM, WUTiger said:

And, words of wisdom from one of my favorite golf pros: Get clubs for the swing you have now, not the one you hope to have in the future.

This is one of the best lines I have ever heard... mind sharing the name of the pro?

To OP - Buy what you like and hit best.  I have had people tell me I cant play my Miuras or Mizunos because I am not a pro.  I like the look, hit them good and have been knocking strokes off my scores big time this year.

Edited by Vinny Cap

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!